corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This will get CS going.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This will get CS going.....
johnhara1

User status: Offline
15th Dec 09 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by John
Where's all the guys from the other thread about tea leafs shouldn't die, how do they feel about going in to a house and tying a family up? Is that ok or are we getting closer to deserving to be hit by a train?

F*cking spot on John.

I don't recall reading that the guys who robbed the coats, tied all the staff up holding them hostage on the premisses while they robbed it??

Different Kettle of fish IMO.

The guy was sent to jail simply because he tracked the burgular down and literally caved his head in with a bat. It wasn't self defense and he wasn't protecting his family when he did it.

Sounds like he was made an example of so people dont arm themselves to the hilt.

John

15th Dec 09 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Alan, didn't mean to ignore you, i'll have a look later on and see what I missed.

My point is that if they weren't commiting a crime they wouldn't be killed/injured.

That stands true for breaking in, or whatever else, if they weren't there they would be alive.
Cosmo

15th Dec 09 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh you can be so consumed with rage that one swing with the bat could of done all the damage, or it could of been a complete battering lasting 20mins - it doesnt say but both are possible.
ed

15th Dec 09 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Munir Hussain, 53, returned to his High Wycombe home to find three intruders who tied him and his family up.
It appears he returned home and tried to be the hero. Eventually the things you own end up owning you.
alan-g-w

15th Dec 09 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Sorry Alan, didn't mean to ignore you, i'll have a look later on and see what I missed.

My point is that if they weren't commiting a crime they wouldn't be killed/injured.

That stands true for breaking in, or whatever else, if they weren't there they would be alive.

Yes, I agree with the second comment there. But when you say someone deserved to die for what, at the end of the day, is a petty crime I'd have to disagree. I even said in the other thread that I'm of the belief that people should be responsible for their own actions.
Half Pint

15th Dec 09 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shuld have wacked him round the back of the legs and watch the fucker drag himself along with his arms... that would have been better.
alan-g-w

15th Dec 09 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
tbh you can be so consumed with rage that one swing with the bat could of done all the damage, or it could of been a complete battering lasting 20mins - it doesnt say but both are possible.

True, but I'd say you need to hit someone more than once to break something into 3 pieces. And I don't think it would take much more more than 3 swings with a cricket bat (not to mention the hockey stick I heard them saying on the radio) to knock someone out.
johnhara1

15th Dec 09 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not one person in the other thread ever disputed that they brought it on themselves or that they wouldn't have died if they hadn't of been there in the first place.

John's "Point" (that if they weren't commiting a crime they wouldn't be killed/injured) is simply stating the obvious.

Bottom line is that death isn't an appropriate punishment for stealing.
Cosmo

15th Dec 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Munir Hussain, 53, returned to his High Wycombe home to find three intruders who tied him and his family up.
It appears he returned home and tried to be the hero. Eventually the things you own end up owning you.

Its impossible to conclude that they knew they were inside or not - I doubt he would take his family inside if he was playing the hero.

My guess is he didnt know they were there until it was too late.
alan-g-w

15th Dec 09 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
Not one person in the other thread ever disputed that they brought it on themselves or that they wouldn't have died if they hadn't of been there in the first place.

John's "Point" (that if they weren't commiting a crime they wouldn't be killed/injured) is simply stating the obvious.

Bottom line is that death isn't an appropriate punishment for stealing.

Spot on.
Cosmo

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:

True, but I'd say you need to hit someone more than once to break something into 3 pieces. And I don't think it would take much more more than 3 swings with a cricket bat (not to mention the hockey stick I heard them saying on the radio) to knock someone out.

Rubbish, I could go out now with a bat and break it with one swing as long as I hit it hard enough.
johnhara1

quote:
quote:

Also, there was 2 of them (possibly 4).

I'd put money on all of them having a dig at the burgular. They took a liberty on him.
Cosmo

15th Dec 09 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So they should of, if he is willing to break in, tie his family up at knife point and keep them captive then whatever he gets in return is deserved.
alan-g-w

15th Dec 09 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Rubbish, I could go out now with a bat and break it with one swing as long as I hit it hard enough.

Into 3 pieces? Unless you're swinging it hard enough at 2 machetes I doubt it.
Cosmo

15th Dec 09 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It doesnt matter in to how many pieces, that more depends on what you're hitting and at what angle than the pressure with which you are hitting it - I just know you could break it in one hit if you did it hard enough.

Im not saying thats what happened, but its as possible as it taking 20 hits.
alan-g-w

15th Dec 09 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So they should of, if he is willing to break in, tie his family up at knife point and keep them captive then whatever he gets in return is deserved.

I agree with this to an extent, but it goes back to ed's comment. There's battering someone, then there's battering someone to the extent of giving them permanent brain damage. I know you wouldn't want to stop and I honestly couldn't say what I would do in the same situation with the amount of emotions going through my head. I'd be willing to take the punishment for what I had done though.
johnhara1

15th Dec 09 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The handle probably snapped where it meets the bat face and in turn split it up the middle.

1 good whack could have done it but id speculate that it was a series of hits that eventually split it.

[Edited on 15-12-2009 by johnhara1]
Richie

15th Dec 09 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If this country sorted it's fucking legal system out then you wouldn't get people that feel the need that people have to die or be brain damanged to get any form of justice

I've been in crown court for an assault when I was a minor being hit in the bollocks with a dumbell bar and the coppers siezed the weapon, went through all the degrading shit at hospital to compile a report showing the swelling and damage he did, and the cunt got let off because no independent witnessess saw the attack.

If I meet that twat ever, he'll have brain damage and swollen bollocks to make up for what he did instead of having the pleasure of the UK justice system.

The people who do right in this country get stung. People who steal or whatever are fucking laughing most of the time.
alan-g-w

15th Dec 09 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It doesnt matter in to how many pieces, that more depends on what you're hitting and at what angle than the pressure with which you are hitting it - I just know you could break it in one hit if you did it hard enough.

Im not saying thats what happened, but its as possible as it taking 20 hits.

It does matter though if it's relevant to the story. What I'm saying is that it's more likely it was multiple hits than not.
Cosmo

15th Dec 09 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It does matter though if it's relevant to the story. What I'm saying is that it's more likely it was multiple hits than not.

It doesnt matter as you'd be guessing either way.

So if you can make something up (which is what you've done, no evidence we have available to us says if it was one hit or a lot), then why dont we just make up a load more stuff that could of happened...
alan-g-w

15th Dec 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck off, I've not made anything up. All I'm doing is taking an educated guess, I've not once said 'this is what happened' have I?
johnhara1

15th Dec 09 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Making stuff up you say?

Where does it state that they were held at Knife Point??
ed

15th Dec 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
If this country sorted it's fucking legal system out then you wouldn't get people that feel the need that people have to die or be brain damanged to get any form of justice
I think the main problem is that Rupert Murdoch runs the place. How many people on here have been robbed and tied up? How many people know people who have been robbed and tied up?
Cosmo

15th Dec 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
quote:

Making stuff up you say?

Where does it state that they were held at Knife Point??

Read it in here, presumed it was from the article as hadnt read it fully tbh.
random dav
Premium Member

15th Dec 09 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they had tied my family up he would have been lucky to make it out of the house walking, never mind running out.

And the dick that broke in only got a 2 year supervision order.... fucking country is a joke.

WRLFC !

Project cars

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This will get CS going..... 23 database queries in 0.3824570 seconds