corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » United's debt - Marcus, Strickers, Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author United's debt - Marcus, Strickers, Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire
Cosmo

User status: Offline
11th Jan 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
I wonder how much Kuyt is worth then, as just in the PL he has scored 5 and set up 6, compared to Valencia's 5 and set up 2.

How many years experience playing the liverpool way?

Also kuyt should be scoring more, remember he was a striker he just flopped at it and his work rate is keeping him in a job in the PL

We knew what we was getting when we signed valencia, was never a goalscorer anywhere, we bought him as a winger who will chip in with a few, which is what he's doing. Unfortunately our bids on forwards didnt succeed because of one being a money grabbing tosser, and the other wanting to go to his childhood club

One minute, so if we play Torres in goal you'd expect him to score as 'he is a striker'? Its fairly obvious Kuyt hasnt been a striker for years for us, he even plays as a winger for Holland now.

And if you really want to get arsey, in a new country, in a new league (this isnt the case for Valencia), in his first season Kuyt scored 12 PL goals and set up 8.
Cosmo

11th Jan 10 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

You signed Tosic in Jan

Another for the future, but doesnt look like he's going to be good enough, i'm talking big name signings in jan, there are very few in the world in Jan not just united

Ahh i thought you may not mention money to spend when i mentioned the two bids we put in for players

We also put a bid in for Tevez (this one is public knowledge, Tevez even spoke about it), and for Silva....we still have no money though.
strick206

11th Jan 10 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just announced by United....

Pre-tax profits £48.2m (includes the Ronaldo money though)
Interest payment alone due £41.9m

Announcing some sort of Bond sale in an attempt to raise £500m.

Also just noticed this in the first post

The 42million interest is also included as well as the ronaldo money
strick206

11th Jan 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

One minute, so if we play Torres in goal you'd expect him to score as 'he is a striker'? Its fairly obvious Kuyt hasnt been a striker for years for us, he even plays as a winger for Holland now.

And if you really want to get arsey, in a new country, in a new league (this isnt the case for Valencia), in his first season Kuyt scored 12 PL goals and set up 8.

Oh you seem to be exaggerating things now, kuyt was a goalscorer, so will obviously be a better finisher of the ball than valencia, also a better header of the ball i imagine as well

Well that bottom line is quoted now, drag it up at the end of the season to compare valencia's production to kuyts. Did kuyt play up front in his first season?
Cosmo

11th Jan 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Just announced by United....

Pre-tax profits £48.2m (includes the Ronaldo money though)
Interest payment alone due £41.9m

Announcing some sort of Bond sale in an attempt to raise £500m.

Also just noticed this in the first post

The 42million interest is also included as well as the ronaldo money

Yes i know, hence the fact I said it would of been a £30m+ loss without the Ronaldo transfer fee, would be £70m+ if it was the interest too.

BTW, thats also just the interest on the bank loans. Its not the PIK loans, which rollover to increase the debt by something like £40-80m (I think its closer to the £80m but I cant remember it off the top of my head and cba searching).
Cosmo

11th Jan 10 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Oh you seem to be exaggerating things now, kuyt was a goalscorer, so will obviously be a better finisher of the ball than valencia, also a better header of the ball i imagine as well

Well that bottom line is quoted now, drag it up at the end of the season to compare valencia's production to kuyts. Did kuyt play up front in his first season?

Played part up part wing (second half wing) IIRC.

Either way, Kuyt cost less than half the amount Valencia did, and offers more than he does. Its not really much of a point anyway tbh.
strick206

11th Jan 10 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes i know, hence the fact I said it would of been a £30m+ loss without the Ronaldo transfer fee, would be £70m+ if it was the interest too.

BTW, thats also just the interest on the bank loans. Its not the PIK loans, which rollover to increase the debt by something like £40-80m (I think its closer to the £80m but I cant remember it off the top of my head and cba searching).

Fair enough, worded badly in the opening post which is the only thing i read properly
Cosmo

11th Jan 10 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wonder which player you'll sell this summer to cover the interest payment.
strick206

11th Jan 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Either way, Kuyt cost less than half the amount Valencia did, and offers more than he does. Its not really much of a point anyway tbh.

iyo
strick206

11th Jan 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

swam past that piece
Cosmo

11th Jan 10 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

iyo

Well yeah, my opinion and the stats.
Cosmo

11th Jan 10 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

swam past that piece

Im serious, well partly. It was bait!

But without the Ronaldo money (both his fee and what he brought you commercially which would of been a huge amount), your figures for next season are going to be in the minus, way in to the minus.

Saying that, I guess this is why they are attempting to do the bond issue.
Tom

11th Jan 10 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

You signed Tosic in Jan

Another for the future, but doesnt look like he's going to be good enough, i'm talking big name signings in jan, there are very few in the world in Jan not just united

Ahh i thought you may not mention money to spend when i mentioned the two bids we put in for players

[Edited on 11-01-2010 by strick206]

Nothing to do with the thread but this just makes me laugh, tosic isn't good enough cand cost what £8m?? How much is babel who cost £11m used as a stick to batter benitez with? I have never heard anything in the press about tosic being a bad signing by fergie. They are similar ages, cost similar amounts, there has been whispers (or shouts) of both leaving after not impressing which makes benitez shit at nurturing talent and fergie a genius. LOL.
Tom

11th Jan 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and while i'm on a roll, how much of a good signing is hargreaves compared to aquilani?
strick206

11th Jan 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tosic has never had a chance, and probably too lightweight for the premiership

Babel is strong enough to play in the prem and has the talent to do so.

Just doesn't seem to like life at liverpool, and probably hates playing on the wing
strick206

11th Jan 10 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Oh and while i'm on a roll, how much of a good signing is hargreaves compared to aquilani?

Hargreaves problems went much more serious, but he has showed how good he is, and may one day get back playing.

Aquilani still has to prove his worth, and stay injury free

Let's not start on signings though, although liverpool seem to somehow get money back for them i imagine there have been many many more in the time benitez has been there to fergie
Ojc

11th Jan 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aquaman is rubbish IMO, not suited to the Premier League at all.

What you need is John Wark.
JonnyJ

11th Jan 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We only lose £400k a year

Cashback
Cosmo

11th Jan 10 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Hargreaves problems went much more serious, but he has showed how good he is, and may one day get back playing.

Aquilani still has to prove his worth, and stay injury free

Let's not start on signings though, although liverpool seem to somehow get money back for them i imagine there have been many many more in the time benitez has been there to fergie

I wouldnt be so sure, Fergie has signed some stinkers. He is just lucky enough to of always been shopping at the top table where mistakes are less easy to make, where as shopping in the mid-market is always a risk.
Nismo

11th Jan 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this thread. lol

utter pointless debate about something that everyone knows very little about.

not one person here knows the thruth of any clubs debts its all media hype, unless your high up the payroll in the clubs then you know shit all IMO.
Cosmo

11th Jan 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
this thread. lol

utter pointless debate about something that everyone knows very little about.

not one person here knows the thruth of any clubs debts its all media hype, unless your high up the payroll in the clubs then you know shit all IMO.

You do realise that every year private companies have to submit their accounts to companies house. Anyone can buy these for a quid. Thats what the media do and thats where the figures come from.
Nismo

11th Jan 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe so, but football teams have been in debt for years, and football still goes on. ManYoo's debt will not effect them in anyway, We all said loosing Ronaldo would cripple them... has it? no.

Cosmo

11th Jan 10 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Maybe so, but football teams have been in debt for years, and football still goes on. ManYoo's debt will not effect them in anyway, We all said loosing Ronaldo would cripple them... has it? no.

They are over £600m in debt, its not some tiny amount which is what clubs have been run using for years. They have to find over £40m yearly to pay just the interest on the bank loans, not including the interest on the PIK loans which is at least that again. Next year, all other things being equal, they'll not have the money to meet the interest payments and will need more money pumping in by the owners.

How is that not being effected?
Cosmo

11th Jan 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My money is on Vidic or Rooney - probably the only real two sellable players who would bring in a big enough profit.
JM Curdy

11th Jan 10 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My money is on Vidic or Rooney - probably the only real two sellable players who would bring in a big enough profit.

darren fletcher

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » United's debt - Marcus, Strickers, Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire 23 database queries in 0.0143120 seconds