corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mistakes at work...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mistakes at work...
MarkSport

User status: Offline
18th Jan 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once done a mistake at work.was working at a computer harddrive testing company.my company was being dodgy as fook selling them on as un-tested meaning i had to wipe the marker pen off them so they looked utested.i forgot about 5 harddrives in an order of like 300 hard drives which made them complain and lose their business causing about 4k loass
Ben G

18th Jan 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put 60 flywheels on the wrong engines before.

was quite a costly mistake as someone had to get paid to take the clutch and flywheels off again and put the correct ones on.

took forever aswell.

wasn't my fault though. our suppliers put the wrong ones in the boxes. i just pick them from a light. they look the same, just different thickness.
lostboy
Banned

18th Jan 10 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K3 VMU
quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
my biggest one was this...... and by big I mean less than 10cm big, it should have hung nose up but for about 3" it hung nose down - cost us around £10k to sort out

Weirdly, I never got bollocked

Im confused

well look how level it is picked up, the nose is pointing down, and it should have been pointing up

What difference does it make, explain it so those of us who are a bit on the slow side can understand.
jr

18th Jan 10 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by jr
oh i once got driven into in an S6 whilst lining up to try and brake an indoor 0-60 record

ffs

wish i was joking to
mwg

18th Jan 10 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
when i was 15 i had a job at a pet shop, first day there i was cleaning the avary and had a bucket of hot water and bleach , i was cleaning it out and 2 budgies flew into the bucket and died.

they still kept me employed but about 3 months later in the same avary i was cleaning it out and forgot about a quail that was living in there and stood on it and killed it. I didnt have a job after that

Is that where your love of badgers stems from?

[Edited on 18-01-2010 by mwg]
C2RL R

18th Jan 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what did you get wrong then Lee? was the lifting point just in the wrong place or was the balance totally out?
am4nf

18th Jan 10 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only thing I done wrong at europcar was fill a petrol zafira up with diesel, cost me £50 but probably cost the company about £200
RichR
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
what did you get wrong then Lee? was the lifting point just in the wrong place or was the balance totally out?

Lifting point was about 80mm further back than it was meant to be so the Centre of Gravity was in front of the Centre of Lift meaning it lifted nose down - the boat is lifted from a ship into the sea so everytime it was launched you would have risked tipping over if a wave washed into the bow at the wrong time.

All daughter craft should be launched 2-5degrees nose up; this was 13degrees nose down
RichR
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just to add, there were two of these boats, delivered at the same time so even bigger bill
Cosmo

18th Jan 10 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just make the fatty sit at the back.
Matt L

18th Jan 10 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did 1 months worth of wages wrong for a company but didnt realise till 8 months later so had to re run them all cost the company about £700 in tax.
pow
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ripped a good few meters of guttering off with a cherry picker here at my current place!
Liam

18th Jan 10 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Set a sprinkler off at work, cost's Argos circa 10-15k everytime it goes off, with lost sales etc as there is a call centre above the warehouse..
oceansoul

18th Jan 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
yeah i've done a few. i once drilled into a trunking with a 25mm hole saw and forgot to stick my little block of wood in there to protect the cables. i obviously cut into a few of them and basically shut down an entire production department because the wires i cut were for the lighting. they lost about 6 hours production in there so that must work out to a few grand.
i've fucked up a few machines when i first started learning plc systems. it's so easy to cause a catastrophe by putting an n/c contact where an n/o should be.

What PLC systems you work on?

Worst ive done, is replacing a power supply for a Control Front End (BBL3330 if anyones intrested), took the wires out, hadnt isolated it (oops), shorted to case and tripped the whole panel out. Panel was in the control room. We lost our SCADA system for the whole area =[ Was back up and running a few mins later, but its neveracking when 15 year odd equipment restarts, never know if it will come up or not
Seany

18th Jan 10 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
did 1 months worth of wages wrong for a company but didnt realise till 8 months later so had to re run them all cost the company about £700 in tax.

happened at my old job, the whole company got over paid. ended up with an extra 400 in my wage packet for the week, they had to take it back at £20 a week because the union stepped in.
C2RL R

18th Jan 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul

What PLC systems you work on?

modicon, omron, siemens and a bit of allen bradley
CorsAsh

18th Jan 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not made any serious fuck ups, usually just some issue with rapid prototyping that needs fixing.
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not made any mistakes, but the copper we receive from a company to produce cable is meant to have a 25 year guarantee... But whichever idiot was working on the machine somehow buggered up the copper so that it'd be fucked after a year. The company phoned us to tell us about this and not to use the copper. We'd only run about 2,000,000m of Core and 500k of cable by this point
Twiggy

18th Jan 10 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I gave a chap £20 gas instead of £10 in the shop on my 2nd shift!
Matt.H

18th Jan 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not something I can do myself as I'm not a machinist but there is potential to scrap one component which costs around 120k each.
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my old job when I worked for Fiat I accidently forgot to tell a customer that there was a 50 mile a day limit on his 48hr test drive until the last minute. The bloke went ape shit at me and stormed out the showroom. Little did I know he son had been in a few days before a put a deposit down on a Smart Roadster. His dad must have said something to him and he pulled out so we lost both deals whoops! God I got such a bollocking for that

[Edited on 18-01-2010 by shaunmods]
harrisp

18th Jan 10 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Second day at my new job I burst a water main with a hammer drill ( was digging for the pipe anyway) then the other week when first fixing £500k I took a stop end off a pipe, the lad I was working with hadnt turned the stop cock off properly and I flooded two floors, the site owner walked in 10 minutes later, he wasnt impressed.
16vKarlos

18th Jan 10 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
I gave a chap £20 gas instead of £10 in the shop on my 2nd shift!

Im not made of mistakes either But..

I asked for £15 for each gas + electric... Paid.. Got home.. YOu have £50 Gas... You have £50 Electric.. BONUS!!!
Nic Barnes

18th Jan 10 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont make mistakes. i do my job properly.
Shell
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I worked at Topshop, I let a lady return a £200 dress she bought on the website, completely forgetting we couldn't sell it on. So we made a loss of £200! Whoops. It was simply explained to me why it couldn't be sold on then nout else was said.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mistakes at work... 22 database queries in 0.1145391 seconds