corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C's compared with Corsa B's

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C's compared with Corsa B's
cjohnson

User status: Offline
20th Jan 10 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa Cs are shite IMO TBH

All that needs to be said. My Corsa C was poo!
John

20th Jan 10 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think a lot of people here base their judgement of a car in general on their inability to buy a good example, not just of corsa's, of everything.
3lfz

20th Jan 10 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I prefer my dad's C to my B, smoother on idle, better suspension, prefer the power steering, handles better!
deano87

20th Jan 10 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have EPS on mine so I'd imagine it'll be the same

Other alternative is a 1.4 16v Fiesta Mk5 pre-facelift

[Edited on 20-01-2010 by deano87]
jr

20th Jan 10 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from the owner of 3 b's and 3 c's

c is better built, easier to drive, in sri guise will feel like a track day specical compared to your 12v
Rich H

20th Jan 10 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a B, then a C then another B

The C is nicer to drive on longer journeys - far more refined and better built and more standard creature comforts. Also far more room internally.

The B is more fun when modified though imo (even though the C on Irmy springs was very comfortable still but handled a hell of a lot better)

The Power steering takes a bit of getting used to (I think the SXi and SRi have active which gets heavier at speed - until you lower it which then seems to reverse what it does!) as it's stupidly light in general, and a horrible clutch with near enough no biting point.

[Edited on 20-01-2010 by Rich H]
3lfz

20th Jan 10 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
I have EPS on mine so I'd imagine it'll be the same

Other alternative is a 1.4 16v Fiesta Mk5 pre-facelift

[Edited on 20-01-2010 by deano87]

Mine has EPS but the C was still lighter
GTM

21st Jan 10 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wooly101uk
Id love a C with a LET in it like Ians

agreed
shauny bizzle

21st Jan 10 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went from a b to a c and well they are ok, but imo very cheaply made in the respects the seats wear on the seat bases and hurts ya legs, seems alot more plasticy, but great handling cars mine was on coilovers and handled like a dream, tbh i prefer a b, easily tuned and much more upgradable with ease
Whittie

21st Jan 10 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had both.

Preferred to be in the C, as it was a nicer car in general, newer, comforatble & looked better than my previous b's.

As for your handling question? B's handle far better in my experience.

deano87

21st Jan 10 at 06:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I meant handling, I guess I meant refinement more than being able to go round corners.

I won't be modding so no issues of what is better to work on!
Adam-D

21st Jan 10 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i prefer the b.
pow
Premium Member

21st Jan 10 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2U deano
AlunJ

21st Jan 10 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coming from a 1.0 12v B to a 1.4 SRi C you'll think your driving a supercar... until everything overtakes you
I like B's a lot, but C's are alot cheaper now, I would say personally I think B's are better built, but a decent nick C will be fine, problem with mine is everything squeaks - but then that's just typical vauxhall. At first the C bored me a bit, not as much character to drive as a B, but still it's a pretty good car. The EPS is a lot lighter than that available on the B's but you get used to it - I think later C's has the option for it to get heavier at speed didn't they? Now mines on 16's it handles brilliant compared to the b's i've driven Go test drive some and see what you think, if you were closer I'd let you have a go in mine.

[Edited on 21-01-2010 by AlunJ]
Daimo B

21st Jan 10 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Looking after the opinion of someone who has owned both, preferably one after the other.

Am I right in thinking the Corsa C uses the Corsa B chassis, which is basically a Nova? Nope, new chassis

If so, do Corsa C's handle any better than Corsa B's in standard guise? Yeah, corsas C#s do handle in standard guise a lot better, but the B does have less weight so mght feel better. In reality, 2 properly setup Corsas, a B and a C, the C should still be the better car

Is the interior more refined and is it better on longer journeys than Corsa B's? Both have pros and cons imo. I like'd the corsa B interior, it was simple and quite well built as a whole, I don't think they really improved anything on the C, just changed materials. Overall there are less squeaks on a C than a B, but a B is easier to tinker with

Basically, I'm looking to jump from a Corsa B 12v GLS to Corsa C 1.4 SRi. Should I not be as so hasty to change as it isn't much of a change?! It is a change, and will feel like a totally different car, but effectivly they are still similar (bar power obviously). The 1.4 engine bar a few changes, was effectivly the same lump, same power, stats, economy, but less prone to having problems. The 1.4 is ok, but the 1.6 B engine was vastly better, where-as in the C, its a 1.8 and 1.4. It depends what you want really, if your leaving the engine standard and ahving it as a daily runner, its an ok little choice, cheap tax, insurance, fuel etc. Just DO NOT get the 1.2 16v engine, its simply bloody awful. Hairdryer on crack, and fly by wire throttle leaves a very short but annoying gap between more throttle, and actual acceleration.

Any opinions or comments welcome

Owning a 1.4 16v B, driving every single engine range in the B, and owning/runnning a 2.0 16v and 2.0 16v tubby, and having a 1.2 16v C, and having driven a 1.4 16v C, 1.3 cdti, and 1.7 dti. Not tried the 1.8 C though

As the above comment has said though, the B does has a LOT more character to it. More fun to drive, the C's always felt lifeless and like a production run, where-as the B had more life to it, more options with the car etc.

[Edited on 21-01-2010 by VXR]
Reecemac

21st Jan 10 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What VXR said, the c (for me anyway) felt really boring to drive, the steering is way way too light which really put me off right away also the c is obviously newer so looks better inside but the b is very easy to disassemble everything and change it to how you want. Id get another b over a c.
Ojc

21st Jan 10 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never been a fan of the Corsa C, the later spec Corsa Sports I feel are better screwed together as well.
SXI - Matt

21st Jan 10 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went from a corsa b 1.2 16v sxi to the corsa c 1.4 sri and is a big difference from the b handles alot better standard then the corsa feels alot more planted although feels even better now i have eibach springs fitted, done quite a few long journeys in mine now and has'nt been a problem dreaded doing long journeys in the b were as the c is alot more better driving experience and feels alot more modern inside even though they didnt change it a great deals lay out ect, quite nippy to considering it's only a 1.4 and my enegine isnt noisy although quite a few twinports have very noisey timing chains, you wont be disapointed if you change

[Edited on 21-01-2010 by SXI - Matt]
deano87

23rd Jan 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a cheeky drive in someones 1.2 Design (54 plate but not sure if it's Twinport) and I was pleasantly suprised by the ride and refinement over the B.
Kurt

23rd Jan 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Punto ftw!

I've driven all 3
MarkSport

23rd Jan 10 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've driven my sister old c sri 1.4 whilst i had my 1.6 b sport and loved it.It felt alot better built and handled alot better imo.Only thing that puts me off is the chain driven engine
deano87

23rd Jan 10 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
I've driven my sister old c sri 1.4 whilst i had my 1.6 b sport and loved it.It felt alot better built and handled alot better imo.Only thing that puts me off is the chain driven engine

Why does it put you off?

It's a better thing for me. Don't have to think about changing it till 100k miles, if ever!
andys sxi
Premium Member

23rd Jan 10 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you looking at gettin a corsa c how much will you have for 1?

April 08 feature car
deano87

23rd Jan 10 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I won't be getting a 1.8 because of insurance

I could get one now but it wouldn't be exactly what I want. Ideally in the Spring/Summer time.
andys sxi
Premium Member

23rd Jan 10 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try a quote for the 1.8 there only a group 9 so shouldnt be that expensive

have you looked at the exclusiv model corsa's they have heated full leather ect

April 08 feature car

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C's compared with Corsa B's 23 database queries in 0.0186491 seconds