corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Motorbikes

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Motorbikes
PaulW

User status: Offline
25th Jan 10 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
And as for post whoaring....... Any chance for my excellent reliable work hack, and my not so reliable baby

I'm confused

Is that a 600 frame with a 1200 engine? 600 engine painted black? Or an actual 12? As you've got a 600 swingarm if its supposed to be a 12

Ahwell, every bugger else is posting picks, here's my hack

Been in the garage for a week though getting the fuel tank sorted out as it was leaking from a rust patch...
Also just had a fully customised shock and progressive front springs fitted too

Daimo B

25th Jan 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
And as for post whoaring....... Any chance for my excellent reliable work hack, and my not so reliable baby

I'm confused

Is that a 600 frame with a 1200 engine? 600 engine painted black? Or an actual 12? As you've got a 600 swingarm if its supposed to be a 12

Neither

Its an oil cooled 650 engine in a 650 frame

My engine was only out for a year or two. They re-developed the 600cc engine, changing a lot of the internal parts to a 656cc, then the emissions laws changed, so they had to re-design an entirly new engine, again. Which is now a water colled version (silver engine casing, no cooling fins).
PaulW

25th Jan 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhhh so yours be the rare beasty Fair enough
Daimo B

25th Jan 10 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that rare, but its the lesser out of the WC650 and the older 600 lump.

Done 28,600 miles so far, and its not had its first MOT yet. If i still worked in London it would be up near 40k by now!!

I religously service it at every 4k though, so as long as you wash the salt off, maintain it, it should go on and on. I'll keep it till it dies as its such a good bloody bike to use every day. Starts every morning and i'll get 200+ miles out of a tank.

I love my Benelli, its everything I want from a sports bike, but my bandit is just a beast, it just keeps going and going Comfy, relaxed, cheap to run, cheap to service, love it!! Suspensions a bit soft, and had to stiffen the front end as its got a bit sloppy. tbh it could do with some stiffer springs in the front to take the weight of it and those nasty speed bump impacts.

^^ New rear shock looks nice, damping adjustable, anything else?
Colin

25th Jan 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think i'd like a bike, but as mentioned its a lot of expense if I find its not for me. I wouldnt want some piddly 50cc thing with L-plates, id have to go for some fancy looking thing, I like Jimmy's Ducati. Ive got dreams involving a gleeming red Ducati & the back road to Glencoe
S@M

25th Jan 10 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Budgie
quote:
Originally posted by S@M

heres my sv650s. it has a few changes now i just havnt got any recent pics...

ive fitted small indicators, tail tidy and a smaller exhaust since these pics

Is that an R33 in the background

yes mate
S@M

25th Jan 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul W.... fook riding in the snow!
Daimo B

25th Jan 10 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I think i'd like a bike, but as mentioned its a lot of expense if I find its not for me. I wouldnt want some piddly 50cc thing with L-plates, id have to go for some fancy looking thing, I like Jimmy's Ducati. Ive got dreams involving a gleeming red Ducati & the back road to Glencoe

You think a bikes expensive....

How much was that M3 again? Service, fuel etc.......

Expensive a bike is not...

And you can get a 748 for about £3k these days.

AS for snow riding. Hardcore baby!!

[Edited on 25-01-2010 by VXR]
S@M

25th Jan 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fook that mines not seen the road for about 2 months..... roll on spring!
S@M

25th Jan 10 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

colin 'preformance per £' bikes are awsomly cheap to run and insure compared to cars. plus its a whole different world in terms of enjoyment
bigboykarl

25th Jan 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S@M
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Something that worries me, I was just having a quick look at a SV650S forum and there is a dedicated section for people that have died

anybody that tells you bikes arnt dangerous are lying

once you've ridden one on the road you will understand why that section is ther

it ain't the bikers that are dangerous it's the other blind roadusers...one thing that riding a bike will teach you is awareness of everything around you cause you have to have eyes everywhere..also your car driving improves because your more alert to other road users..
i've done mega bike miles had some accidents/knocked off...but only bumps and bruises ,must be cause i'm fat
Cosmo

25th Jan 10 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he means getting his bike license, all the gears, etc. would be expensive if he then found he didnt really like it.
dannymccann

25th Jan 10 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow seeing those SV650s REALLY makes me want to get some finance

It would have to have fairings though, cant stand bikes without them (no offence any of you without them, just my thing )
DizzyRebel

25th Jan 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You want to get financed up with a shitty SV lmao? Have you leanred nothing?! get yourself a 636 or gixxer 750!
dannymccann

25th Jan 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shut up Luke and fix my fork seals
Colin

25th Jan 10 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
I think he means getting his bike license, all the gears, etc. would be expensive if he then found he didnt really like it.

Yeah correct, I meant it would be a big amount of cash to front to get lisence, bike, gear, insurance etc Then to find out its not for me.

Like te time I went out & bought loads of golf stuff just because I was asked along to some work golf game, only to find out after about 2 swings that i'd rather pay a large man to repeatedly kick me in the knackers than to play golf.

Is there somewhere I can go for a shot of a few bikes on a private bit of ground to see if I like em
PaulW

25th Jan 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S@M
Paul W.... fook riding in the snow!

But thats the best time to ride I've been out all over Winter, as I don't have a car no more, its my only way of getting about!!

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
^^ New rear shock looks nice, damping adjustable, anything else?

The adjuster you see is for the spring preload, dampening has been set at the factory at time of manufacturing, as its built to my exact needs (weight, riding style, any luggage, etc) Should have the bike back tomorrow so will let you know how well it performs
PaulW

25th Jan 10 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin, just do your CBT and mince about on a geared 125 for a while, only bog expense that way would be the bike and the gear, but you can make most the money back selling it all if you don't like it! That way you've paid what... £100 for the CBT, about £100 or so for the bike insurance, and then whatever difference from selling the bits on...
Colin

25th Jan 10 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think that would put me off paul skitting about on a whizz-pop with L-plates & not the real deal. Its kinda cringe worthy just thinking about it. Im 27 after all not 17. Maybe I should have done it back then
DizzyRebel

25th Jan 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can book a day at a superbike school - ron haslam runs one iirc still and they give you the bike and gear etc, teach you how to ride fast then send you out on track.
Bonney

25th Jan 10 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin, Theres a scheme running somewhere where you can go to a riding school for the day, Have a trial on a bike. I'll try to find you the link.
radicalry00

25th Jan 10 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
You want to get financed up with a shitty SV lmao? Have you leanred nothing?! get yourself a 636 or gixxer 750!

Have you tried getting insured on a Gixxer 750 with no NCB?
JadeM
Premium Member

25th Jan 10 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Yeah correct, I meant it would be a big amount of cash to front to get lisence, bike, gear, insurance etc Then to find out its not for me.

Like te time I went out & bought loads of golf stuff just because I was asked along to some work golf game, only to find out after about 2 swings that i'd rather pay a large man to repeatedly kick me in the knackers than to play golf.

Is there somewhere I can go for a shot of a few bikes on a private bit of ground to see if I like em

nope - there isn't!! motorbikes are horrible things, they scare me do not see the appeal! So, Colin - your not allowed

[Edited on 25-01-2010 by JadeM]
DizzyRebel

25th Jan 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by radicalry00
quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel

Have you tried getting insured on a Gixxer 750 with no NCB?

Who needs insurance on one? Like the police would catch you

But mccann has some ncb, a 636 or r6 should be attainable at a decent premium.
Colin

25th Jan 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like this one - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201001349473628/sort/priceasc/usedbikes/make/ducati/model/748/radius/200/quicksearch/true/postcode/fk29fe/page/1?previous=%2Fsearch%2Fresults%2Fusedbikes%2Fpostcode%2Ffk29fe%2Fradius%2F200%2Fmake%2Fducati%2Fmodel%2F748%2Fsort%2Fpriceasc%2Fquicksearch%2Ftrue%2Fpage%2F1&logcode=p

2003 Ducati 748 with 10k miles for 3.5k.

Only 24 miles away

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Motorbikes 22 database queries in 0.0146430 seconds