corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Are you a saver?

Poll: Are you a saver?
  Always save something for a rainy day
  Only if i want something
  Never save a penny

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Are you a saver?
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Feb 10 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm always saving; hate spending unnecessarily - ie buying clothes/somehting I don't really need. I've never had a loan, not even from the bank of Mum and Dad and I own 2 cars, a trials bike and 3 boats as well as paying the mortgage on our own place.

I'm saving for a new road bike at the moment and would never dream of getting a loan/finance for it as to me its a luxury not a necessity.
Half Pint

1st Feb 10 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have become more of a saver than spender of late and try to put a certain amount away each month for the 'rainy day'

but i guess there becomes a fine line as to when you've stopped living to become a saver....
James

1st Feb 10 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I try to save £700 a month but it's tough as my commuting costs are £400 a month, then there's rent and other bills on top of that.
Cosmo

1st Feb 10 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spending on clothes is what stops me saving more - I think I must spend upwards of £400 a month on new stuff.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

1st Feb 10 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

always sent £150 into my savings for quite a few years now and at the end of the month anything left in my current account goes into the savings account, i sometimes raid it from time to time for holidays and things though. putting away alot more now though as am saving for a house

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
liamC

1st Feb 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am most certainly a saver now I have the opportunity to. I maintain an excel spreadsheet which, once I put in how much I get per month, I make a note of what expenses go out per month, what I buy, etc, and it calculates how much I've saved, how much in total is in the bank, etc... bit like a human business
RichR
Premium Member

1st Feb 10 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do the same with our house account - I run a spreadsheet showing all income/outgoings broken down to source and date so I know when and where the moeny has been spent - every receipt gets entered and there's a breakdown of amounts spent in each shop etc.

It's actually quite a sad life I lead
J da Silva

2nd Feb 10 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I do the same with our house account - I run a spreadsheet showing all income/outgoings broken down to source and date so I know when and where the moeny has been spent - every receipt gets entered and there's a breakdown of amounts spent in each shop etc.

I'd sooner have your life than spend it on shit/good cars and then say "Live to the full", then 5 minutes later whinge because you're skint.
Ben G

2nd Feb 10 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
wtf do you all do for a living to be able to save so much! Ben 1k!! i dont even earn that! i thought i was doin wel at just hittin the 10k mark and thats with inheritance!

ford shift work pays extremely well mate

i don't go out clubbing any more like i used to back when i was in my teens so save loads from that.
Ben G

2nd Feb 10 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE

good way of keeping on top of your money that. not silly at all. very smart actually.
jr

2nd Feb 10 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont really save anything but pointless saving for a house when i have the car to finish which i WONT be selling to finance said house purchase

got a few k saved for a house, and a few k saved for the paint work on the corsa

add to it a little bit here and there
J da Silva

2nd Feb 10 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really have a set amount in my mind what I'll be saving, just whatever is spare really.
a_j_mair

2nd Feb 10 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put away a wee bit every week

is hard trying to pay off old debt and live with a girlfriend and daughter

nice to have some savings all be it none at the moment

How people can spend £400/month on clothes is beyond me

cosmo you are either full of shit, have a huge wardrobe or have to much disposable income

I do work on 4 weekly so means i get a wage free a couple months a year but aleays seems to just disapear

[Edited on 02-02-2010 by a_j_mair]
a_j_mair

2nd Feb 10 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a direct debit every week
most to bills account, small bit to savings and the change that is left is mine ofr the pub
Graham88

2nd Feb 10 at 06:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on 4 weekly too and it's worked well the past couple of years as it's been in December so works nicely getting paid beginning and the end of the month
dannymccann

2nd Feb 10 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
i have a direct debit every week
most to bills account, small bit to savings and the change that is left is mine ofr the pub

We sort of do this, I earn 15k she earns 15.5k, which is 2k net every month.

Of that £600 each goes straight to the joint account to pay for bills (cos we share a car we joint pay for that too, including diesel), leaving us £300 each ish disposable, atm mine is clearing credit card / student overdraft debts, but once im back in the black after bills whatever is left in the account will be going in the ISA

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Are you a saver? 23 database queries in 0.0210180 seconds