corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Becoming a "Morning Person"

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Becoming a "Morning Person"
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Feb 10 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right so you finally get the chance to do some trading like you've been harping on about for ages and now you dont know if you can get up in the morning?

Dont be so fucking gay man! you're going to have to get use to not getting any sleep, being stressed as fuck and taking the first train into the City. But on the plus side you'll be knee deep in ferraris and bitches (if the stereotype is true).

Is this an internal change or you looking at a new firm?
James

5th Feb 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Internal - I'm not going to let the mornings stop me, I was just looking for ideas to make it easier.

And, since when have I harped on about it for ages?
willay
Premium Member

5th Feb 10 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have, I remember posts about trading, getting into trading rah rah rah.

DO IT MAN! You going to be trading on behalf of clients or going prop?
Daimo B

5th Feb 10 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tradings hard.

12 hour days, crack of dawn starts.

Then a lot of the time you have to entertain clients after work.

Lee Mannings a trader, but he was also earnign about £250k at about 25 years of age for the work too. I bet he's rolling in it now.
willay
Premium Member

5th Feb 10 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depending on who he has to trade for and his exact position I dont think he'll need to entertain people, but the hard work pays off James so good luck!!
James

5th Feb 10 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not prop - you have to be good to do prop. Plus Obama is looking at banning it for banks that have retail arms too.

Not sure about equities/credit but most of our energy traders do about 7:30 - 5:30, not that long IMO.

As for entertaining clients, I would imagine that only happens in sales/origination rather than trading?
willay
Premium Member

5th Feb 10 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one of my early morning 'train friends' is a energy trader in May Fair for a firm, deals with lots of german clients and every so often has to go to Frankfurt to entertain them and crap like that.

but fuck it, smash up some moneyz while your young and full of energy.

[Edited on 05-02-2010 by willay]
Paul_J

5th Feb 10 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome James

How did you manage to side step into that?
James

5th Feb 10 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't

I'm just working with our traders/schedulers on a daily basis and I've been told they are very impressed with me so I'm hoping to pursue it.
James

5th Feb 10 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But there's still quite a big step from being a developer developing a trading/scheduling platform to actually being a trader/scheduler

[Edited on 05-02-2010 by James]
Paul_J

5th Feb 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah nice one
Corsa_Sport21

5th Feb 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I start work at 3am so need to be up and out of bed by about 2.30am.Its hard especially as i only get about 3hrs sleep a night,sometime less.
I try and have a cpl of hours after work,but recently i havnt been getting any so by the time thursday/friday comes,im fuked.
I work a friday nightshift to and start at 10pm,so usually have about 5hrs b4 that.Can sleep right through no probs,nothing wakes me.
I used to come home from work at 6.30am on a Saturday morning,and sleep right through till 5pm.Nowadays i cant do that as ive got into a routine and usually wake up about 1pm.Sometimes wish i could still sleep that long though.

Plenty time for sleeping when your dead,lifes too short.
liamC

5th Feb 10 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
I'm considering pursuing a career that involves starting at around 7:30am in London (I live about an hours commute away). I'm really not a morning person, I struggle to get into London for 9am at times.

I've tried going to bed earlier but it doesn't help. Waking up isn't the issue, the issue is that when I wake up I feel so unbelievably tired I struggle to get out of bed.

I'd love to be one of these people that can get up, make breakfast, read the paper etc before work.

Any suggestions?

Sorry for the random post

I am not a morning person at all, but have had to get used to 7-2 work hours.

It's been 3 months now, and must admit, at times, it still absolutely kills me. I get up at 5:45 on a morning, and go to bed around 11:30/12. Should be earlier, but it's tough when your missus gets in from work at about 6 and you're already ready for bed !

I think one of the most important things you can do is make sure you get showered, and have some breakfast, tea and orange juice on a morning. There has been times where I've slept in, and find the day is harder than it is already.

I do find myself having a naptime on afternoons nearer the end of the week - a bit like an old man(!), but you've gotta try and get used to it unfortunately.
3lfz

5th Feb 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I somehow manage to get up at half 7 everyday for college, when 4 out of 7 nights i'll be out until post 4am at night, no idea how I do it but I do look a state lol.
--DAN--

5th Feb 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm up at 4.15am every day, usually until 6-7pm at night and often for 1-2months without a day off. Hated it at first but the financial rewards are worth it. You'll get used to it.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Becoming a "Morning Person" 22 database queries in 0.0140710 seconds