corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » July 11th, 2010 England are World Cup Winners

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author July 11th, 2010 England are World Cup Winners
Nath

User status: Offline
24th Feb 10 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post up your preferred England line up Mr Pepper. I'm intruiged.
Tom

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
Originally posted by Marc
We have some left back and wing issues at the moment. Also a 1st choice keeper issue.

I know this thread isn't about team selection but they could prevent Rooner, Lampy and 'Ard playing to their potential.

We have loads of left backs .... personally I believe cole will be fit and so will glen johnson but if we have loads of options to play at left/right back. They might not be experianced in that position but they wont let us down -- talking about people like carrick, gary neville, phill neville(in the form of his life right now) baines, bridge, brown, even barry could play there...... all we need is Rooney, lampard and terry on the pitch and we surround them with a load of grafters----

in the bag imo

So if we don't have rooney, lampard, or terry in the side for every game are we suddenly not good enough to win? What does that say about your belief in our squad, surely owen could come in for rooney and 'not let us down' as he's been there and done it?

[Edited on 24-02-2010 by Tom]
Robbo

quote:
This thread is the place to report injuries from around the World that could mean players miss the finals

Hers a couple to start you off

Camoranesi - rated extremely doubtfull to be there for the I ties

Van Persie - very unlikey to be risked in the Holland squad

Pepe - Portugals only world class defender is out of the finals

and obviosly in Englands group America are screwed by missing dempsey, charlie davies and Onyewu
van Persie will be fit by mid-April and, as Hollands best player, will be taken either wya I think
Nath

24th Feb 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think RVP being Hollands best player is up for debate.
Tom

24th Feb 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I think RVP being Hollands best player is up for debate.

Overlooked kuyt and babel for starters

Robben, Sneijder, Van der Vaart might all disagree.

Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Depends on who we are playing against

My spine of the squad would be Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Milner, Barry, Ferdinand, Terry

With that spine you can alter the rest of the side to fit who we are playing against.

Goal keeper will be chosen on who ever has the best run in --- Hart is big favourite at the moment.

I would then take a selection of explosive players out of Walcott, Agbonlohor, Downing, Cole, Wright Phillips - let capello pick

I would take heskey and carlton cole to fill the holding role. Crouch could go if he plays well enough.

Then I would take a selction of versatile players to fill in where we need - carrick, brown, p neville, g neville, m richards, beckham,

Im not going to speculate on starting line ups--- capello knows how to beat the other nations...leave it up to him

Robbo

24th Feb 10 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not my comment, its what the dutch coach said
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if we don't have rooney, lampard, or terry in the side for every game are we suddenly not good enough to win? What does that say about your belief in our squad, surely owen could come in for rooney and 'not let us down' as he's been there and done it?

[Edited on 24-02-2010 by Tom]

If you take any countries three best players out of their side they will struggle- thats pretty obvious
Marc

24th Feb 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I would then take a selection of explosive players out of Walcott, Agbonlohor, Downing, Cole, Wright Phillips - let capello pick

Thats good of you!
JonnyJ

24th Feb 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Downing. Explosive?

Just no.
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Thats good of you!

No probs-- got to leave him something to do... im talking this whole thing in for him... all he has to do is sort out the legistics.

As I have siad we have already got two hands on this world cup...its just down to capello to decide exactly how we are going to win it. Shouldnt be too much of a problem.
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Downing. Explosive?

Just no.

Ever seen him play live.... did you see him at the weekend? He got all the qualities along with real pace.

Another player that has done well when he has had a run of no injuries. Hes quicker than you think, has a fantastic strike on him, scores and makes goals.

O neil will turn him into a fine footballer...wait and see.
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Listen people I dont think you understand this..... all we need is Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, Milner, Barry and Terry to be on the pitch..... we then surround this solid base with a load of grafters.

You then add Capello into the equasion and you have a world cup winning side on your hands.

Other countries are terrified of us -- we have got so much quality along with a massive physical presence, great experianced personalities and explosive pace.

As well as this we have the luckiest, postman pat looking mother fucer who has ever managed a team.

This world cup is in the bag

[Edited on 24-02-2010 by Dr Pepper]
Marc

24th Feb 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you planning on buying a Toyota Prius?
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Are you planning on buying a Toyota Prius?

?
JonnyJ

24th Feb 10 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has everyone got their mini england flags ready to attach to their cars? I might put mine on now.
Tom

24th Feb 10 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Depends on who we are playing against

My spine of the squad would be Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Milner, Barry, Ferdinand, Terry

With that spine you can alter the rest of the side to fit who we are playing against.

Goal keeper will be chosen on who ever has the best run in --- Hart is big favourite at the moment.

I would take heskey and carlton cole to fill the holding role. Crouch could go if he plays well enough.

Then I would take a selction of versatile players to fill in where we need - carrick, brown, p neville, g neville, m richards, beckham,

Im not going to speculate on starting line ups--- capello knows how to beat the other nations...leave it up to him

That's a big problem if we don't have a goalkeeper defined as part of the spine imo, and not sure I agree with you that hart is big favourite as he's considered too young and lacking big match experience by many, too much of an unknown.

Do you not have any favourites 'explosive' type players and/or indeed 'versatile' players you think we should take or are we ok to leave that to capello/you don;t have a view?

Based on that spine (that doesn't include a goalkeeper) you think whoever capello picks to play around them probably won't let us down? You haven't defined a single natural wide man in your spine (milner playing through the middle most of this season) and you've included 4 players who will more than likely be battling it out for 2 CM spots, the other 2 may be played out of position?

I'm not any more confident of success after listening to your 'preferred line up' (which is actually you just stating a few players who we already know are good individually or at club level but don't necessarily perform amazingly together or at international level).
Tom

24th Feb 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Downing. Explosive?

Just no.

Ever seen him play live.... did you see him at the weekend? He got all the qualities along with real pace.

Another player that has done well when he has had a run of no injuries. Hes quicker than you think, has a fantastic strike on him, scores and makes goals.

O neil will turn him into a fine footballer...wait and see.

He doesn't naturally score many goals, and he's never had a decent run in the england team as he's simply not good enough, I feel like you've watched match of the day for the first time in a few months and seen a few players who had a good weekend by their own standards (Phil Neville ) and it's got you excited
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Has everyone got their mini england flags ready to attach to their cars? I might put mine on now.

Fukc that nonsense -- those flags are rubbish -- this is not about how much support we give our team - that really doesnt matter.

We are going to win the world cup - doesnt matter if you put a flag on your car or not.

All im saying is that once you have realised I am right- and that we have this in the bag then please make your voice known.

At the moment it is just me that is going to be looking smug on 12th july. You will enjoy the world cup more if you concede we have already won it.

I might not even bother watching us play in the semi final- whats the point when you know we have already won it.

Im not really looking forward to the world cup....Im looking forward to the day after it when Capello gets back to blightly witht the trophy and the whole of england turns up at the airport.

The time to repent is now.
JonnyJ

24th Feb 10 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you saying I've wasted my money?

The description on the bag says that they will help England win the world cup

[Edited on 24-02-2010 by JonnyJ]
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

That's a big problem if we don't have a goalkeeper defined as part of the spine imo, and not sure I agree with you that hart is big favourite as he's considered too young and lacking big match experience by many, too much of an unknown.

Do you not have any favourites 'explosive' type players and/or indeed 'versatile' players you think we should take or are we ok to leave that to capello/you don;t have a view?

Based on that spine (that doesn't include a goalkeeper) you think whoever capello picks to play around them probably won't let us down? You haven't defined a single natural wide man in your spine (milner playing through the middle most of this season) and you've included 4 players who will more than likely be battling it out for 2 CM spots, the other 2 may be played out of position?

I'm not any more confident of success after listening to your 'preferred line up' (which is actually you just stating a few players who we already know are good individually or at club level but don't necessarily perform amazingly together or at international level).

How many great Goalkeepers have brazil or fance had..... how many world cups have they won?

I do have preferences for the 'explosive' player role... I would love to see Walcott there just because I have seen him play live and he is the most terrifying young player I have seen in years. I just can not see how other Europeon teams will cope with Walcott along with having to mark Rooney, Lampard, Milner ect. We have got too much quality for any other team to deal with.

Im not interested in giving a line up.....your thinking in the past.... we are going to put 5 world class players on the pitch, 6 grafters who have masses of talent and experiance and we are going to let the best coach in the world organise them -- we are then going to boss the fuck out of every other team in the world.

How many genuine wide players do chelsea currently have? Football has changed- no one has that rigid system any more..... whats important these days is pace, skill, physical fitness and good mentality...we have this in abundance.

I am not interested in debating the starting line up - we have capello becuase he knows more than anyone else in the country about how to beat italy , spain, brazil ....... we dont need to worry about little details like the starting line up.....all we need to do is sit back and enjoy us winning the world cup

Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Are you saying I've wasted my money?

The description on the bag says that they will help England win the world cup

[Edited on 24-02-2010 by JonnyJ]

Im afraid you have been robbed my friend.... that flag will not help england win the world cup... its just a flag.

Put your trust in Capello - hes got this one all figured out.
Marc

24th Feb 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you saying we can wave Capello?
JonnyJ

24th Feb 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck sake.

Ah well, surely my Svengland flag will have some effect. Its half england flag and half swedish flag. Im going to sellotape it to my roof now.
Dr Pepper

24th Feb 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fuck sake.

Ah well, surely my Svengland flag will have some effect. Its half england flag and half swedish flag. Im going to sellotape it to my roof now.

Thats the fuking spirit

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » July 11th, 2010 England are World Cup Winners 23 database queries in 0.0124941 seconds