corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wheels on - Cleaned car - Proper Pics now

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wheels on - Cleaned car - Proper Pics now
Ojc

User status: Offline
9th Apr 10 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't bother with spacers you utter imbecile.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Apr 10 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
Why do they not look safe? Id be concerned if I needed something in the middle of my wheel to take the weight of the car, it means the wheel would have to move about on the bolts, which im pretty sure doesnt happen if you see what i mean!

Your other option there is exactly the same thing as the ebay link but with some longer bolts, an extra 40 odd quid for 8 bolts sounds like a rip off to me. I dont think you can get a hubcentric spacers in 5mm, i think it needs to be at least 10mm.

You wont have any problems with a flat 5mm spacer on the back of your car, if you came into work id advise slightly longer bolts just to be sure you have enough thread in there and make sure the center bore of the spacer is the same as your car otherwise its like having poorly balanced wheels.

edit - looking at the pics of your car again i dont think 5mm is going to make all that much difference, the rear wheels are still going to be tucked under the arches a fair bit, id look at 10mm hubcentric spacers although that will probably promote slightly more understeer during spirited driving, might not be noticable though. Worth a try, you can always flog them if you dont like it.

[Edited on 09-04-2010 by Adam_B]

thanks for that, do you think my standard studs will be long enough to take 5mm safely?
Adam_B

9th Apr 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly, on a 1.5 thread you want about 5-6 full turns of the bolt/nut to be safe.

[Edited on 09-04-2010 by Adam_B]
Steve
Premium Member

9th Apr 10 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool because i cba to disassemble the rear hubs to slip longer studs in there

im not spacing them out for st4nce simply to correct the 5mm offset differences between these wheels and std

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wheels on - Cleaned car - Proper Pics now 22 database queries in 0.2848301 seconds