corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 4 years - then bang

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 4 years - then bang
mwg

User status: Offline
9th Jun 10 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scirocco R is there or there abouts the price of the S3. I know where my money would be going.
Daimo B

9th Jun 10 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo

Whats the point in owning a sports hatch / car if your not going to give them abuse

Because we want to? Whats that got to do with anyone

I've got a 160mph motorbike, does it mean I should thrash it everywhere?

thanks, but we'd like to keep our licenses. its not all about boyracing off the lights and driving at 150mph everywhere.
Joe

9th Jun 10 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely Vauxhall aren't even gona warrant a reply about goodwill/warranty when the car is 4 years old and done 60k. Fair enough it shouldn't have gone but I can't see them doing anything about it.
Daimo B

9th Jun 10 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Scirocco R is there or there abouts the price of the S3. I know where my money would be going.

Don't really know much about either.

S3 is 265, 4x4, ok spec'd but not brilliant. Kinda fancied something a little larger than the astra, but about on terms with performance. I like the A5's but it'll be too big really.

Sirrocco, dunno, its something about the rear end that we both find ugly as sin. Front looks great though.
Andrew

9th Jun 10 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drop car into Vaux and pay a few quid for them to have a look. May be crying over spilt milk here.
mattk

9th Jun 10 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be the bearings in the box, my car uses the M32, I know of 3 that have had bearings replaced
Daimo B

9th Jun 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Already done.

They want £500 to simply take the box off just to inspect it before they can say what it is.

I already know what the problem is though.
jr

9th Jun 10 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daimo ffs stop beeing a girl and get on to customer services
Daimo B

9th Jun 10 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

James, they aint going to help, and even if they did it would only be on an official full replacement which costs £2200.

Im goign to try, but I really don't think it'll get us anywhere.
jr

9th Jun 10 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you are beeing a numpty then with that attitude

you have a vauxhall car, and only ever worked on by vauxhall, and 12 months out of warrenty

we had similar cars, or similar ages, that audi either paid anything from all the parts costs, to the whole job if you kick of enough, talk about goodwill guestures, recall and campaings and what there willing to do, get managers involved etc

it was a daily occurance, and allways happend at my old place

[Edited on 09-06-2010 by jr]
Andrew

9th Jun 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Already done.

They want £500 to simply take the box off just to inspect it before they can say what it is.

I already know what the problem is though.

Shit mate
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i owned an 04 plate car, it had only been serviced by myself. I bought it a year old and had it for 3 years.

Long story short they replaced a drive shaft under warrenty a year later the internals of the gearbox gave up the ghost. I took it to the dealer and they want £900 + Vat to fix.

I rang CAB and they told me that a product you by should be fit for purchase and for a reasonable time frame. I didnt pay the cost's i went to small claims court. They gave in as soon as they recieved the letter i got my car fixed and £300 compenstation.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isnt it 3years warrenty or 60k Miles which ever comes first! as if it is i would kick up a stink so what if its one year later. If you had done 60k in the 3 years you may have the problem yet they would fix it.

Get onto them badger them about it its not fit for purpose as you have done all the service intervals and such by vauxhall.

I sounds like your just using it as an excuse to get a new car and your not really bothered about the VXR
Daimo B

9th Jun 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it was due for replacement anyway.

Will get on to Vauxhall, see what I can muster, but I feel a new cars coming anyway.

[Edited on 09-06-2010 by VXR]
Ian W

9th Jun 10 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a nice price for a new box on the VXR is it.

Probably the same for most cars though now, they don't seem to last like the old motors did

3CorsaMeal

9th Jun 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

then it goes wrong so the answer is get into £25k more debt and what 3-5yrs of having to pay for it............ seriously i find it absoluty mental.

how much has it really cost you over the years? and what have you gained over having something older and cheaper? (its all an ego thing imo)

its not because i think i'm brilliant as i drive an old car

Although I wouldnt buy a brand new car I find nothing wrong in people that do.

Everyones got a expendable income, now what they do with it is up to them whether thats save (for what?) go to football, golf. Sit in the boozer 4/5 nights a week its up to them. Id prefer a car tbh

i spose it is just difference in attitudes i must admit my brother seems to take total opposite route to me and seems to end up worse off and more out of pocket for nothing gained apart from the car was new (although mine looks just as new sat next to it now), and i think thats what causes my outbursts

sand-eel

9th Jun 10 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Alfa
A2H GO

9th Jun 10 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh look, another one.

When i mentioned in the 'Diesel' thread that i would never buy another 1.9cdti that wasnt under warranty because both mine and my mates diff bearings failed everyone jumped on the, 'its just internet horror stories' bandwagon.

No seriously, they are 'actually' shit.

I was told that replacement of the bearings would cost the same as replaceing the gearbox when Vaux took it on a road test to diagnose what i already knew.

Get rid of the Vaux and buy something decent like the Scirocco.
John

9th Jun 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VW forums will be full of people saying the gearboxes fail.
Fro

9th Jun 10 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
VW forums will be full of people saying the gearboxes fail.

True dat. I've still got a VAG six speed box with no 1st or 2nd due to the common pin shear. Had only done about 50k.
3CorsaMeal

9th Jun 10 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get any V6 from the VAG range imo, it will outlast most other cars, sure it may be more expensive to buy, but usually hold their value better, and if your just cruising not about 5k rpm much a big NA engine will be perfect.
Fro

9th Jun 10 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Don't really know much about either.

S3 is 265, 4x4, ok spec'd but not brilliant. Kinda fancied something a little larger than the astra, but about on terms with performance. I like the A5's but it'll be too big really.

Sirrocco, dunno, its something about the rear end that we both find ugly as sin. Front looks great though.

If you're going to drive it like the VXR then i wouldnt get an s3 as you would never be using the haldex so it would be dead weight you're carrying around.
Daimo B

9th Jun 10 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
Oh look, another one.

When i mentioned in the 'Diesel' thread that i would never buy another 1.9cdti that wasnt under warranty because both mine and my mates diff bearings failed everyone jumped on the, 'its just internet horror stories' bandwagon.

No seriously, they are 'actually' shit.

I was told that replacement of the bearings would cost the same as replaceing the gearbox when Vaux took it on a road test to diagnose what i already knew.

Get rid of the Vaux and buy something decent like the Scirocco.

Thats the thing. Where this is a standard car I've not bother doing any research. That got stunted when Donna said I couldn't do anything to the car So I lost interest in tuning and such.

Now when i search though its a very common fault, and the gearbox is massivly used in a lot of vauxhalls range. IMO it seems the F28 was a far superiour gearbox.

For a newer box, newer materials, knowledge of previous boxes etc, im most un-impressed at the vauxhall effort. Its been such a good car so we're gutted its on its way out, but a replacement was due. Its just forced our hand an making us get a new one much sooner than we wanted to (various personnal reasons).

As for 3CM, what you think and what you know are different things. Presumptions.. You know how the saying goes.
Kurt

9th Jun 10 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by pow
Alfa

235bhp
Good looks.
Nice interior and dash (this is important as its where you spend all your time :lol)
Unknown handling, and no-ones had one yet, so think its out of the running as need a car sooner rather than later.

Shall I hire Donna a 1.2 16v corsa D Comedown

Fantastic handling, the salesmen went away to Italy last month to drive them, they had Golf's GTI's and other similiar cars there to be driven and from what i hear the Giulietta is leagues above them

They look brilliant too, we had a left hooker promo car here yesterday, finished off in the optional 8c red its simply stunning!

never had a problem with the new TBI engine either
3CorsaMeal

9th Jun 10 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not presumptions daimo, lazy engines last longer and the attached components are engineered better/stronger.

my gearbox has had the oil changed once in 15yrs, i give the car hell, and its still perfect after 189,000miles, the original clutch lasted 180,000miles odd

[Edited on 09-06-2010 by 3CorsaMeal]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 4 years - then bang 22 database queries in 0.0195169 seconds