corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE)
12valver

User status: Offline
10th Dec 10 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats where im going with mine next year too, would do a redtop but wanna be different, saw belton from on heres car which had the x18xe1 conversion, which made me confirm i wanna do it, but if i do ill end up spending far too much on it lol... So ill make my mind up then because zlet powers too tempting If you do a conversion on yours though, it'd be the tits, dya wanna swap
SeanXE

11th Dec 10 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the thing that puts me off a redtop is the age, whereas a 1.8 you can from say 2000-2004 for a goodish price And thanks lol, we'll see when we've both donee conversions and we get bored haha
12valver

11th Dec 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, i just like the idea with mine itll fall in on the same mounts and i can even keep the aircon which makes it look abit factoryesc and also means i still have my creature comforts... Lol! Yeah will be interesting to see how yours turns out, ever since i saw the gsi kit on yours i thought it looked awesome, what you got left to do to it now apart from an engine conversion?

Little update that shows little progression unfortunately! Waiting to sort out some spax rsx's with lil_g, cleaning up and painting some calipers off a tigra, ready for a suspension and brakes refresh. Will hopefully sort the rest out after xmas, along with the gsi wheels. So will be needing hubs and a rear axle to clean and paint up, drilled and grooved disks with decent pads, whiteline arb's, poly bushes and omp strut braces. Which should hopefully make for a far better handling car. Will also be cleaning up and stonechiping the arches whilst im there.

Anyhow went on a little london tunnel run last weekend with my mates, only grabbed one pic of my car as its not particually photogenic at the moment, but also nicked a pic off my mates project thread on png of his x16xe nova loon, which some of you lot may have seen before.

Also i finally got round to fitting the tigra scuttle panel, which has made a nice little improvement.

[Edited on 11-12-2010 by 12valver]
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

11th Dec 10 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate,looks so much better with it on,nice work

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
SeanXE

13th Dec 10 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That nova's bens right ? lol, and to finish mine off, i need depos again, a tad lower at the back, some new panels to make it looks cleaner, wheel refurb. Just tidying up really, possibly coilys. What else you got planned?
12valver

13th Dec 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S7M XE
That nova's bens right ? lol, and to finish mine off, i need depos again, a tad lower at the back, some new panels to make it looks cleaner, wheel refurb. Just tidying up really, possibly coilys. What else you got planned?

Yeah thats it, Im there to do all the mechanical work on it lol! Ah cool should look good! Well after gettin a better exhaust and coilovers and finally get the GSi wheels refurbed and put on. I wanna rebuild the suspension and brakes. Looking to do a few bits to the 1400 lump see what i can get out of it, like lexmaul inlet, cams, c16xe head. Then if i get bored ill chuck an 1800 in like i said. Just see where it takes me tbh...
SeanXE

13th Dec 10 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh I like that I do and oo sounds good I'll keep an eye on this thread and try keep eye out for ya
philip2

13th Dec 10 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c16xe head i doubt would make much diff tbh as you wont be making or doing the revs that you'd benefit from. cams could only go for something like a 260/264 on stock pistons too. id save the money and build a pucker 1800. rods, pistons, cams, etc i can supply
12valver

14th Dec 10 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S7M XE
Ahh I like that I do and oo sounds good I'll keep an eye on this thread and try keep eye out for ya

Yeah its bloody quick for a standard 1600, if he starts doing what he plans it'll be mental! Only thing is, is that his box dont half whine, when going along. He spoke to the lad he had it off and he reckoned there was nothing wrong with it, but i could see myself having to fit another f15 for him. Cheers mate, after what philip2 said below, i reckon 1800 it is but a lexmaul definately going on for the time being!

quote:
Originally posted by philip2
c16xe head i doubt would make much diff tbh as you wont be making or doing the revs that you'd benefit from. cams could only go for something like a 260/264 on stock pistons too. id save the money and build a pucker 1800. rods, pistons, cams, etc i can supply

Cheers for the info mate, was just intrigued as to what effect it'd have on it without binning it in favour of an 1800. Thought, if i did what most do to 1600's but to a 1400 i might get a bit more power. Ill keep that in mind, i couldnt see myself wanting anymore than 150bhp tbh, but what sort of power roughly are you looking at with the above? Considering im looking to go the full hog and put throttle bodies on it too if i go that far...

[Edited on 14-12-2010 by 12valver]
philip2

14th Dec 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know lee303 has seen about 230bhp, but its more a reliability thing too, if you went tbs, you will want to get the most out of them and fit decent cams and some headwork...hence going to a forged piston with deeper valve pockets, then with the higher revs for the price i can do rods for...based on being the same as the 14/16xes its daft not to fit them, but i wouldnt try number chasing it gets very very expensive.
12valver

14th Dec 10 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok mate, cheers! Ill keep in touch, first thing after xmas then is an engine hoist and a stand
SeanXE

15th Dec 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen ya pass my house the last two nights lol. I forgot to ask how low is your car? Mines 60mm but I want to lower the rear more also don't suppose you know anyone with Depos for sale?
12valver

15th Dec 10 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yeah, go past quite often. Have to pick up and drop off a mate in Sundon, so go past yours... Erm i think its only 40mm all round but when i get the RSX's im hoping for slightly lower at the front and think theyre 60mm rears. But see how it sits cause i might go for 80mm rears. I might have my depos forsale after xmas, cause if the ones on here are still available off holmesgsi, i might flog mine for new units.
SeanXE

15th Dec 10 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh I see, looked lower to me lol I think I'm going for 80mm rear too. And is there any problems with your DEPOs I'll 10000000% have em if there fine when/if you sell them been looking for a while.
12valver

16th Dec 10 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, wanna take it lower at the front. But i know from my old orange 1.2, that i dont want it that low . It used to catch everything, the centre box was mullered . So probably drop 10mm at the front and whack the back down abit more. Have to see what the stance is with only 60mm rears i think. As for the depos, theyre not perfect, tiny stone chip in o/s/f hard to notice unless you run your hand across it. They let in abit of condensation so ideally could do with re-sealing, but all clips and brackets are intact, i wouldnt want much for them though.
SeanXE

16th Dec 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ohh I see sounds good, and I have a drivers side depo anyway lol so I'll use mine if you sell them, how much you thinking then ? Just let me know when and we'll arrange collection
12valver

16th Dec 10 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2U sent
12valver

16th Dec 10 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think the full red rears have gotta go in favour of standards with indicator and reverse lights tinted black, anyone interested, give me a shout!
SeanXE

17th Dec 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much? lol
12valver

17th Dec 10 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sent you a text earlier when i was at work, if you want them £25 but i aint got any standard ones to go on atm, so its the same dilemma as the depos would have been.
12valver

26th Dec 10 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car possibly forsale as is minus the tigra scuttle £1100 PM me if interested, will confirm with a forsale thread in next couple of days!
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

26th Dec 10 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dude!

How come your selling it?

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
SeanXE

26th Dec 10 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why you selling it mate? last week you said you werent!
12valver

26th Dec 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tempted to sell and have a red 1.4 sport off my dad, as its got less miles on the clock and its slightly newer not too sure though.
SeanXE

26th Dec 10 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough always wanted a red one atleast you sticking with the Corsas

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport X14XE (FORSALE) 24 database queries in 0.0142281 seconds