corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: E92 M3 - 92 hours of hard work...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Polished Bliss®: E92 M3 - 92 hours of hard work...
jr

User status: Offline
4th Jul 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i find these threads brilliant, and having had rich h do some work for my old employer to see the transformation in reaal life is amazing

for those that complain about the price, it works out at £27 and hour

theres no garage in the country that charge that less to do shitty jobs like brake pads, let alone something this skilled
Nic Barnes

4th Jul 10 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need brake pads and stuff done. you dont need 2500 quid worth of car washing. its completely different and a daft comparrison to make.
BluKoo

4th Jul 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a case of "want" not need. I'm sure half the customers don't need £100k+ cars but they treat themselves, and since they spend that amount on a car, why not spend a bit more to get it perfect and protected.

A £2500 detail could add £5-10k to the price of a car when selling it.
Graeme
Premium Member

4th Jul 10 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason they can charge that stupid amount and take about 82 hours longer than needed is they have stupid and un-neccecery equipment.

Seriously a paint micrometer and paint thickeness reader, let alone a 3M light gun, they are a serious amount of money and not designed for what they are using it for.

I just dont get it all tbh. that car could be made to look just as nice for a few hundred pounds.

And the bit amount all the left over product residue, where? looks fuck all to me.

Granted it looks nice but you would bloody well expect it for that amount of money.
Graeme
Premium Member

4th Jul 10 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo

a £300 detail could probably add the same with this class of car, unless its a super car or hyper car then i would possibly under stand.
Corsa_Sport21

4th Jul 10 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its a case of "want" not need. I'm sure half the customers don't need £100k+ cars but they treat themselves, and since they spend that amount on a car, why not spend a bit more to get it perfect and protected.

They should be putting the money towards a brain transplant.Spend all that money on a car then take it to the Polish clowns at the local carpark to let them wash it.

Can you explain why a 2500quid detail could add 5-10k??You certainly wouldnt get that 5-10k extra over the equivilent car that hasnt had a 2500grand detail.
jr

5th Jul 10 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
you need brake pads and stuff done. you dont need 2500 quid worth of car washing. its completely different and a daft comparrison to make.

IMO you are paying someone who is an expert in there field less that you would some untrained monkey to replace something easy on your car

irrespective of what it is, these lads are brillaint at what they do, and never short of work, just because people on here dont understand or cant afford it doesnt mean its wrong
BarnshaW

5th Jul 10 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not about understanding or affording it, there is no doubt the work is brilliant , HOWEVER, most people would agree that similar results can be achieved in alot less time and at alot less cost.
ed

5th Jul 10 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've earned their reputation and a re skilled. People are prepared to pay for the work as it's comparable to a respray and the results are arguably the same/better. I don't see the problem.
BarnshaW

5th Jul 10 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how is it comparable to a re-spray?
jr

5th Jul 10 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
its not about understanding or affording it, there is no doubt the work is brilliant , HOWEVER, most people would agree that similar results can be achieved in alot less time and at alot less cost.

but on that basis polished bliss wouldnt have any work, but infact they have a massive waiting list iirc
DaveyLC

5th Jul 10 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Then rinsed off, the plastics beading show everything's nice and clean now:

Someone failed GCSE Physics...

...But they certainly passed GCSE marketing bullshit with an A star
ed

5th Jul 10 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
In that you take your car in which has fucked paint and it comes back with nice paint. Are you a fucking moron?
jr

5th Jul 10 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

the clearcoat on the plastics meant it did they davey
DaveyLC

5th Jul 10 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
quote:

the clearcoat on the plastics meant it did they davey

Eye, They it did!, They it did indeed!
BarnshaW

5th Jul 10 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
In that you take your car in which has fucked paint and it comes back with nice paint. Are you a fucking moron?

your a fucking moron , no amount of "carnuba wax" or "swissvax" will get rid of penetrative scratches below the paint. Even a fucking retard would understand that, hence why bodyshops employ sprayers and dont just ring up "polished bliss" for a 2.5k car wash. twat.
jr

5th Jul 10 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but thats the thing barnshaw, there is no bodyshop in the uk that would be able to carry out the corrective work above the paint level where this car was complety fucked

and bodyshop would mop it and fill it with slicone polish, this has got rid of the scratches, not filled them
BarnshaW

5th Jul 10 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right, next time i have a little prang in my car I wont ring a bodyshop I will ring a valeter.

Out of interest , how much would it be to polish out a bent slam panel on my 2003 corsa?
DaveyLC

5th Jul 10 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
but thats the thing barnshaw, there is no bodyshop in the uk that would be able to carry out the corrective work above the paint level where this car was complety fucked

and bodyshop would mop it and fill it with slicone polish, this has got rid of the scratches, not filled them

UH? All of these detailing threads they are using 3M products.. PerfectIT, FinesseIT etc.. Where do you think these products originated?

Anyone one half decent with a mop can do this stuff! These guys aren't some kind of MOP NINJA's who trained with a grand master of DA for 15 years before they got their black belt in machine polishing..
DaveyLC

5th Jul 10 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a thought.. Has anyone ever Time-lapsed one of these '92 hour' corrections?
jr

5th Jul 10 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
oh right, next time i have a little prang in my car I wont ring a bodyshop I will ring a valeter.

Out of interest , how much would it be to polish out a bent slam panel on my 2003 corsa?

now your just beeing a mug, again
jr

5th Jul 10 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jr

UH? All of these detailing threads they are using 3M products.. PerfectIT, FinesseIT etc.. Where do you think these products originated?

Anyone one half decent with a mop can do this stuff! These guys aren't some kind of MOP NINJA's who trained with a grand master of DA for 15 years before they got their black belt in machine polishing..

they are better than any of the "corrective work" ive seen carried out by bodyshops, including the ones dealing with luxary cars and audi/merc/bentley approved etc

but hang on what would i know, because everytime they fucked one up, we got rich h to come and sort it

amazing that

[Edited on 05-07-2010 by jr]
DaveyLC

5th Jul 10 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

but hang on what would i know, because everytime they fucked one up, we got rich h to come and sort it

amazing that

Time for a new bodyshop?

[Edited on 05-07-2010 by DaveyLC]
jr

5th Jul 10 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well known and regarded bodyshop, with the approval i talked about

they can paint stuff yes, amazingly well, but if i wanted the problems sorted like the m3 had i wouldnt get any bodyshop in the uk to do it, id get someone that has proven time and time again they are the best at what they do to fix it
BarnshaW

5th Jul 10 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would be interested to know how often the company recommends that the car be topped up or cleaned again by them and at the cost of this, even if it was a grand a time and you done that twice a year , if you owned the car 5 years then 10 grand on paint correction is an absolute bargain imo.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: E92 M3 - 92 hours of hard work... 22 database queries in 0.1031899 seconds