corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » (Yet another) Liverpool Takeover Thread!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author (Yet another) Liverpool Takeover Thread!
Nath

User status: Offline
5th Aug 10 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper

Do you even know what a SWF is

Shaun Wright Fillips?
Cosmo

5th Aug 10 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

Shaun Wright Fillips?

Oh great, now City are going to find someone called that and spend £24m on him.
Rick Draper

5th Aug 10 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
I see a fund selling the exact amount shares and raising the money in cash.

You been deluded believe they have the cash sat there in a bank to buy you when clearly they do not.

FPMSL, mate is have a business degree so of course I know

They may well have freed up cash, they may well have done it to pay for the club - but I stand by the fact they do not have the full £190bn (SSN actually saying £210bn) as assets and no cash. Its just not good business sense to have no liquidity.

They are continually buying/selling stakes in companies, just as they have done so in July does not mean they are doing so to buy us.

Very coincidental that they have freed up almost the exact amount to buy you and cover your debts.

Anyhow have you seen Hicks creditors in the USA have been given the right to go after his other assets by the US judge over his sale/bankruptcy of the texas rangers?
Cosmo

5th Aug 10 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Very coincidental that they have freed up almost the exact amount to buy you and cover your debts.

Anyhow have you seen Hicks creditors in the USA have been given the right to go after his other assets by the US judge over his sale/bankruptcy of the texas rangers?

Coincidental or not, fact is they will almost certainly have plenty of liquid cash available within the fund. Next you'll be saying the effective sovereign fund that owns City sells assets every time they need £24m for a player.

Yeah have seen that, makes little difference to us as RBS have first charge on the clubs assets to the tune of £240m - which is just about the value of the assets should you sell them. So they'd have nothing to go for.
Rick Draper

5th Aug 10 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CosmoCoincidental or not, fact is they will almost certainly have plenty of liquid cash available within the fund. Next you'll be saying the effective sovereign fund that owns City sells assets every time they need £24m for a player.

Yeah have seen that, makes little difference to us as RBS have first charge on the clubs assets to the tune of £240m - which is just about the value of the assets should you sell them. So they'd have nothing to go for.

So the fact they sold the shares is a total coincidence

Mansour is a individual, ADIA is the main Abu Dhabi SWF and unless i am mistaken they do not own us.

[Edited on 05-08-2010 by Rick Draper]
Tom

5th Aug 10 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The fact they sold the shares is probably not purely coincidental but it doesn't mean they have no other working captial available, nor does it mean they couldn't release a load more if they were succesful in their bid.

Perhaps not, this is from a poster on LFC forum:

I'm an investment banker who deals regularly with selling IPOs and other financial products to sovereign funds. I can assure you that the selling of Morgan Stanley has nothing to do with the deal. I've yet to see any sovereign funds hold all their assets in equities and bonds and other products. They always hold a certain level of cash reserve. No sovereign funds ever fully invest 100% of their portfolio.

[Edited on 05-08-2010 by Tom]
Cosmo

5th Aug 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Mansour is a individual, ADIA is the main Abu Dhabi SWF and unless i am mistaken they do not own us.

You might want to have a word with the PL Chief Exec then who will of seen all the ownership documents..."If they had the backing of the Chinese government we wouldn't have any problem with that, any more than we do the Manchester City situation, with effectively sovereign wealth out of Abu Dhabi," Scudamore told Sky Sports News.
Cosmo

5th Aug 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom, no fund at all ever invests 100% of the fund. They always leave some of it as cash or very very liquid assets.

Rick doesnt seem to understand this though.
mwg

5th Aug 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

"us"

till something better comes along
Rick Draper

5th Aug 10 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

"us"

till something better comes along

I was contemplating rooting for blackpool this season. At least there manager has more carisma than that fucking sour faced jock twat.
Rick Draper

5th Aug 10 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

The fact they sold the shares is probably not purely coincidental but it doesn't mean they have no other working captial available, nor does it mean they couldn't release a load more if they were succesful in their bid.

Perhaps not, this is from a poster on LFC forum:

I'm an investment banker who deals regularly with selling IPOs and other financial products to sovereign funds. I can assure you that the selling of Morgan Stanley has nothing to do with the deal. I've yet to see any sovereign funds hold all their assets in equities and bonds and other products. They always hold a certain level of cash reserve. No sovereign funds ever fully invest 100% of their portfolio.

[Edited on 05-08-2010 by Tom]

Rick Draper

5th Aug 10 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

You might want to have a word with the PL Chief Exec then who will of seen all the ownership documents..."If they had the backing of the Chinese government we wouldn't have any problem with that, any more than we do the Manchester City situation, with effectively sovereign wealth out of Abu Dhabi," Scudamore told Sky Sports News.

The same person who let countless Pompey takeovers

The decision to attempt to invest in Liverpool was taken purely on money-making potential and sources close to the deal were keen to distinguish CIC’s intentions from the takeovers at Chelsea and Manchester City, which came down to the decisions of rich individuals — Roman Abramovich and Sheihk Mansour respectively — to buy the clubs.

Soon be getting whored around again looking at that. Stadium built earnings potential maximised and thrown to the wolves.

Also notice INDIVIDUAL

Rick Draper

5th Aug 10 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CosmoYeah have seen that, makes little difference to us as RBS have first charge on the clubs assets to the tune of £240m - which is just about the value of the assets should you sell them. So they'd have nothing to go for.

quote:

Broughton declined to comment last night on whether creditors could try to enforce their claims against Hicks’s share of Liverpool.

Sure he wants fans to trust
Cosmo

6th Aug 10 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a fact that RBS hav first claim on the club, it's in the accounts submitted each year. They have full security on their £240m loan and the clubs assets (should a fire sale be needed to reclaim the loan) would just about cover that tbh. Other people after Hicks money would have nothing left to go for.

And because Scudamore let countless people buy Portsmouth he for some reason can now not read the ownership documents submitted by City and say it's a soverign fund!? Not sure what deluded dream world you're living in
Cosmo

13th Aug 10 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently a board meeting this afternoon to decide if to push ahead with any of the deals on the table.

Looks like its between Huang's consortium (which the Chinese Govt. are a part of) and the Syrian/Canadian one but thats rumoured to be purely a tactic by G&H to push up the price.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » (Yet another) Liverpool Takeover Thread! 23 database queries in 0.0109770 seconds