corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Aged 24...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Aged 24...
gez bay

User status: Offline
20th Sep 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i felt too old for a corsa at 19. I then bought a nova, which didnt bother me driving it at all because i knew that people would appreciate it as a classic.
But then....its proper old and loads though i was just driving a shitter. But i like driving that.
So aslong as your happy, thats all that matters.

Ive got my clio sport now and im more than happy, it fits in with all everyday cars and still has the performance and sporty feel.
alan-g-w

20th Sep 10 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. - How can you feel too old for driving a corsa then think a Nova is the next step.

2. - You mention that you got the Nova because 'people would appreciate it as a classic'. Then you totally void that comment with: '..as long as you're happy that's all that matters'

?

[Edited on 20-09-2010 by alan-g-w]
gez bay

20th Sep 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt say a nova was the next step
im saying each car has got a different image.
And i said that other people thought a nova was just an ols shitter showing both sides of what people think.
So the conclusion. You cant go by what everyone thinks, as long as your happy thats all that matters.

Your jumping the gun
alan-g-w

20th Sep 10 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant the next step literally, seeing as you got it after the corsa.
SAL
Premium Member

20th Sep 10 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would own the brothers z20let corsa b, abuse it on the wk ends. As for daily driver @ 25 NO WAY !
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Sep 10 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm always getting comments at work about my car, as in it being "only a Corsa" as it's seen to be a young person's first car and people expect you to have moved on to bigger, "proper" cars once you hit your twenties. When I got to 20 I was driving the 1.0 12v with broken-looking solid suspension, big wheels and a stupid exhaust, but they're exactly the reasons I loved driving it (apart from the 1.0 12v part ) as I would see people cruising around in their cars that I would consider boring, aka average spec BMW's, VW's, Fords etc with nothing exiting going on and I would be there grinning ear to ear in my noisy silly car basically sat on the floor.

I think people still see the C as "just a Corsa" and don't expect it to have any power at all but when they see that it's faster than their average Joe car the look on their face is priceless Especially with the fat exhaust tip on the back now, everyone seems to think I'm some chav in his mum's 1.2 SXi being a rude boy so they try it on and fail. And that's exactly where the C is in contrast to the B, in that it's still loud and subtly low, but it has the go when it needs it which gives me a huge smile every time.

So I suppose what I'm trying to say is don't get rid of the car because you think you're too old for it, you'll only end up regretting it a couple of years down the line and wonder why you sold it for such a stupid reason. Keep it until it gets so boring that you dread driving it, then look for something else.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

20th Sep 10 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been looking at Passat estates on Auto trader recently as more 'professional' looking daily and future tow car but I can't help thinking I'll actually get in one and hate it like I hated the Fiesta I mentioned earlier on. That's my only issue with the Corsa atm, turning up to customer's sites in my loud Corsa, undoing my harnesses and clambering out then having to climb into my boot to get tools etc. out of the rear footwell, it's not the most professional of looks but once I'm driving either a diesel estate or a small van, I'm not half gonna miss it

The only 'proper' cars I've enjoyed driving in recent years are the 2 7-series' my dad's had, because despite being comfy and boat like, they still communicate with you, new cars just don't seem too
Andrew

20th Sep 10 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same reason i went and got my pug Mike, Corsa was totally the wrong image for a professional. Hated it until i was dring it 100 miles a day up and down the motorway.

I'm after something silly again now as tbh i don't give a fuck about anyone else. I've my van for work and my car for fun. Loving the Type R, just need so sort out some cash.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Aged 24... 23 database queries in 0.0136440 seconds