corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » {Uni day} Loans/overdraft

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author {Uni day} Loans/overdraft
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Sep 10 at 08:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rich*
ed

30th Sep 10 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by ed
Get yourself a decent graduate job and you'll earn more than that in your first year

Some are lucky, a lot of people that I went to school with are back in their retail jobs though after coming out of uni!

I love not owing a penny to anyone now

That might be because they didn't do a degree in something useful. If you're involved in science or engineering then you're a rare breed as those courses aren't as cool as business and other bollocks meaning that when you graduate you get a job. Nice
RichR
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Rich*

Thanks Cupcake
ed

30th Sep 10 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get a £14k bursary
Adam_B

30th Sep 10 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im managing fine without any loans, part time jobs and internships are getting me through. Just started final year.
Shell
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I get a £14k bursary
A year?! What the hell do you do
saj_123

30th Sep 10 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am in my second year at Uni, and I get the loan and that covers my rent, but after that I get £300 a term grant, and that pays for food and books, but I have got 2 jobs and that pays for anything extra, going out, clothes etc. I also work full-time over summer and Easter, but I understand what you saying though because I know so many people who just spend all their loans in Superdry and buy other expensive shit then have no money. My mate gets £150 a week from his parents but still complains he has no money. My other friend gets a full loan, full grant and scholarship and bursary and money from parents, gets around £4.5-5k a year after rent and she managed to spend it all.
Butler

30th Sep 10 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I graduated this year, I saved 1k up over the last semester which im living off now while I try to get a job. Its more dignified than sponging off the government which I could be doing. My loan paid my expenses whilst I worked just to run a car and do track days which I still struggle to do. Even on 20 hours a week work.
Colin

30th Sep 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just one of those things, Im sure the government do ok out of the interest on all the 10,000 of loans they've gave out!!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » {Uni day} Loans/overdraft 22 database queries in 0.0285411 seconds