corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New cars being released in the next year

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New cars being released in the next year
Ojc

User status: Online
4th Oct 10 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't spend 30k on a Golf R even if I lived in a 5 bedroom house in Ascot, because I'm a car enthusiast and I know full well it's a Golf with a fake 4WD system that isn't any better than a 15k Renault Megane.
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
4th Oct 10 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lotus cortina perfect
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://bringatrailer.com/2007/11/27/rare-and-pristine-1966-lotus-cortina-mk1/
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I wouldn't spend 30k on a Golf R even if I lived in a 5 bedroom house in Ascot, because I'm a car enthusiast and I know full well it's a Golf with a fake 4WD system that isn't any better than a 15k Renault Megane.

scirocco, although i feel they have already made too many and are too popular to be cool enough for me.

i would hate driving around, feeling the nuts in a car you love, then you end up seeing loads more on your journey, and then some are driven by people without a clue or woman that will sell it when the windscreen wipers run out. That would ruin the whole fantasy for me.
Ojc

4th Oct 10 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats why I love my Astra 'Ring because although I see one now and again, only around 834 of them are on the road and mine is an extra bit special as I've added my own touch and improved upon it.

I even get people shouting at me saying "How fast is it?" I like that people recognise that it's a fast car just by the looks.
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, that is cool. I bet driving past a normal vxr makes you feel better than them

to me thats what its all about, but people struggle to be that honest with themselves
mwg

4th Oct 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just like having a nice car Most people seem impressed that I drive what I drive which is nice but its far from the reason I bought it. I bought it cos I like it and if I decide I like something else thats not an Audi I'll buy that too.
Ben G

4th Oct 10 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy an audi r8.
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats my problem Matt, this whole "nice car" thing is repeated up and down the country all the time. People are either fake or stupid

like pauls BMW, yes everyone will say its a nice car, it is. But its not really special, it will be forgotten about.

Like when you get a new phone, yes you impress people around you, but hundreds of thousands of people are impressing people. To me thats just buying into a product. Don't act like you have achieved something or been a part of it.

it annoys me to see friends/family/strangers gathered around something like a midrange fiesta talking about what a good car they have got, but in reality its not the top of the range, there are better models above it and its common as muck

i feel as if people kid themselves.

you asked about "interesting cars coming out" and its always the same cars people talk about, focus, astra, golf, A3, Ibiza.

Joe

4th Oct 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VXR and some spare gearboxes.
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no offence to your audi, but my dad has one, there is another just up the road, i probably see 10-20 of them during a 30min journey to work.

in my whole 29yrs of living i have seen about 6 corrados
Ian W

4th Oct 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just becuase a car is rare is doesn't make it a cut above the rest
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm not saying that, but it makes it interesting to me, you only see enthusiasts owning them.

i bet more than 75% of astra/focus/golf owners wouldn't know how to change a wheel (why would they be interested in that?)

[Edited on 04-10-2010 by 3CorsaMeal]
Ojc

4th Oct 10 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw a blue Corrado VR6 yesterday
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've not seen one for months Ollie.

if in someone elses car i sometimes bet them £5 we don't see one (i get stick from mates about how much i love them too, its not just the internet)
Ian W

4th Oct 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Bet the owner knows his way round a car to
whitter45

4th Oct 10 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
yawn, its company car Paul again.

i never said a golf was good, never have, shopping cars imo, or course an astra is amazing to you, you have only had astras, corsas, polos, all those types of commerical family wagons

people who spend £30k on the scirocco R can and will, i don't think that will include vauxhall nuts living in mums garage and company car owners

i'd buy one, but in 10yrs time

No offence meant to either of you

You state people buy new cars and lose loads of money

You spent 4k on your car but had to put 6k into it and its still off the raod. Whether I have a compnay car or not still doesnt take it away that you have spent 6k on a car

I also have a VXR which is not a company car - so keep the BMW out of it - whats your argument
Joe

4th Oct 10 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else worked out that people just buy a car that looks alright and will get them from A to B?
A2H GO

quote:
thats my problem Matt, this whole "nice car" thing is repeated up and down the country all the time. People are either fake or stupid

like pauls BMW, yes everyone will say its a nice car, it is. But its not really special, it will be forgotten about.

Like when you get a new phone, yes you impress people around you, but hundreds of thousands of people are impressing people. To me thats just buying into a product. Don't act like you have achieved something or been a part of it.

it annoys me to see friends/family/strangers gathered around something like a midrange fiesta talking about what a good car they have got, but in reality its not the top of the range, there are better models above it and its common as muck

you asked about "interesting cars coming out" and its always the same cars people talk about, focus, astra, golf, A3, Ibiza.

I see what your're saying but your mentality is just different to other people, not everyone is the same.

For example, my partner used to have a Mini One, she loved it, it was the best thing since sliced bread. She knows there's a Mini Cooper and Cooper S but shes not fussed because to her, her car is exactly what she wants/needs and therefore the best. When she see's a cooper S she doesn't automatically think, 'ooo i'd love one of those' as to her, her car is better.

Its hard to explain but not everyone is only contempt with the best. Saying that, i'm like you, if i'm going to spend money on a car its got to be the top of the range or not bother.
3CorsaMeal

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

yes, i bet he know all about his car and why he owns it

Ian W

4th Oct 10 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

yes, i bet he know all about his car and why he owns it

I hope that can be me one day
whitter45

4th Oct 10 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

A rad is not really that specila though is it and most are now rotters

You really do not have any arguements here - also most Golf R's and St's etc will be compnay cars anyway as no one will plogh 30k+ of their own money into a golf
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:
yawn, its company car Paul again.

i never said a golf was good, never have, shopping cars imo, or course an astra is amazing to you, you have only had astras, corsas, polos, all those types of commerical family wagons

people who spend £30k on the scirocco R can and will, i don't think that will include vauxhall nuts living in mums garage and company car owners

i'd buy one, but in 10yrs time

No offence meant to either of you

You state people buy new cars and lose loads of money

You spent 4k on your car but had to put 6k into it and its still off the raod. Whether I have a compnay car or not still doesnt take it away that you have spent 6k on a car

I also have a VXR which is not a company car - so keep the BMW out of it - whats your argument

i've spent about £4.5k on it. Its got decent/nice mods on it, and alot of the parts are new VW bits, no expense spared. I enjoy the journey of sourcing parts for it, discovering things that can be improved with modern technology and parts. Who knows how long i will keep it, for as long as possible i hope. (i may buy other cars along the way, but would always like to know the corrado is tucked away somewhere)

my arguement is, car enthusiasts used to be about working on your car, modifying it, customising it, loving it.

nowadays i come on internet to talk to "car enthusiasts" and most seem to have standard off the shelf cars, they don't like to get stuck in with them, and they boast of mpg, and all the boring stuff from the adverts, then change them after 3yrs.

To me that isn't car enthusiasts, that just members of the owning buying a car

CorsAsh and his RX7 for example i highly approve of his commitment, and because of that he has something a bit different, i imagine he knows the car inside out.
Ben G

4th Oct 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Anyone else worked out that people just buy a car that looks alright and will get them from A to B?

yes. some people think ''why have you bought that new fiesta?'' you could have got such and such for the same amount of money.

the fact is, the alternative is probably 10+ years old, not in warranty, isn't new and they might not like the look/feel of them.
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 10 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:

A rad is not really that specila though is it and most are now rotters

yes it is mate, i've wanted one since seeing one at the NEC motorshow 92/93, i still have the photo i took when i was 11yrs old. And i can now look outside and see the same car sat on driveway, same colour, same wheels

the fact most are rotten is even better news for me as mine looks pretty much original, i have lots of hard to find or non existant spares for it too.

it may not be special to everyone i know, but alot of people seem to have a lot of respect for it. I've had old men run into the road to shout i used to have one of them, people either love it or don't know what it is

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New cars being released in the next year 22 database queries in 0.0127048 seconds