corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: Ferrari F430 detail with a twist...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Polished Bliss®: Ferrari F430 detail with a twist...
am4nf

User status: Offline
25th Oct 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a let down and a half, I was expecting a live stream also
BluKoo

25th Oct 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i thought this was going to be a live stream? letdown.

So did I. Ah well...

Still seems to have generated a fair bit of interest.

And to all those with your knickers in a twist over them calling it a studio, then get over it

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme

So thats why they charge so much as there employing one just to take pictures. makes it even worse than one guy stoping to fanny about and take them.

No, they don't employ someone specifically just to take pictures. There are about 4 or 5 employees in during the day and whoever isn't busy at certain intervals will come along and take pictures of the process.
DaveyLC

25th Oct 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf

Never going to happen because then you'll see it doesnt take half as long as they say it does
alan-g-w

25th Oct 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Imagine if mechanics were posting on a forum saying "check this out guys; it took me 3 days to change the clutch in this Ford Focus because I alligned the clutch with a feeler guage and drained and re-filled the gearbox 8 times".

[Edited on 25-10-2010 by DaveyLC]

alan-g-w

25th Oct 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by willay
Are you even insured to work on these cars?

boom

Is who insured?
BluKoo

25th Oct 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
quote:
Originally posted by John
If it was a live webcam they wouldn't have been able to keep up the illusion that they can spend 3 months on 1 car.

Er... sorry John, You are actually wrong there.

quote:
Just goes to show even on a fairly clean car the wash stage will easily still take you a good 3-4 hours, sometimes even more.

In this case, its perfectly acceptable for them to spend as long as they think is necessary. The owner of the car has paid (upfront) for a yearly contract. The more hours they spend on it, the better, and its of no extra charge to the owner.
John

25th Oct 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's 100% completely the opposite of how business works.

Because the owner has paid for a yearly contract, the less hours they spend on it the better.
BluKoo

25th Oct 10 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by am4nf

Never going to happen because then you'll see it doesnt take half as long as they say it does

You always go on about people talking shit about a subject they don't know about, and you're doing the exact same thing here.

You're more than willing to go and visit Polished Bliss and watch a detail from start to finish.

You are intentionally trying to make them sound like scam artists and they're totally opposite end of the scale. Just ask ANY customer of theirs. Sometimes they will put in more hours than they charge for just to be able to present a perfect car. Their reputation is everything to them.

quote:
That's 100% completely the opposite of how business works.

Because the owner has paid for a yearly contract, the less hours they spend on it the better.

Not when its the company reputation at stake. Polished Bliss always do the best job possible.

[Edited on 25-10-2010 by BluKoo]
Steve
Premium Member

25th Oct 10 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

give it ten years and the bandwagon will be over and most of these detailers will be out of business imo
Corsa_Sport21

25th Oct 10 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Real Hustle needs to be informed of these guys tbh.

Would make Frank Abignale Jr look like an amatuer.
BluKoo

25th Oct 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
The Real Hustle needs to be informed of these guys tbh.

Would make Frank Abignale Jr look like an amatuer.

Okay, why don't you tell me some facts which backs up that accusation...
John

25th Oct 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not really scamming, it's not their fault if people are attracted to the way it's marketed, DW forum has a lot to answer for though.
DaveyLC

25th Oct 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo

You're more than willing to go and visit Polished Bliss and watch a detail from start to finish.

Riddle me this: If thats the case why are there not countless time-lapse videos of 5 hour details?
Corsa_Sport21

25th Oct 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The facts are in every1 of your PB threads.You just choose not to accept it.
DaveyLC

25th Oct 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
give it ten years and the bandwagon will be over and most of these detailers will be out of business imo

And living on their private Carribbean Ilands

The people who make the 'one off waxes' make me even more sick than the detailers

[Edited on 25-10-2010 by DaveyLC]
AndyKent

25th Oct 10 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
The facts are in every1 of your PB threads.You just choose not to accept it.

How is it scamming

Guy chooses to pay to have his car cleaned. He gets a clean car. Where's the scam in that? Might cost a lot but there's nothing wrong with it.
3CorsaMeal

25th Oct 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its been going on longer than most of us have been alive, just more popular these days and people will and can pay good money for it.

don't see why everyone has such a problem with it

at least we get to see all the details of these nice cars, i doubt the owners would be rushing to come online with the photos.
alan-g-w

25th Oct 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm of the belief that a day spent doing the works on a car would be enough and that there's no need to be spending hundreds of pounds on getting it done.

But...

Is it not a bit like saying you can go into Primark and get a white t-shirt, but you can also go into the Prada shop and get one a well, so why does everyone not just walk about it the Primark's. It's because this type of company is aimed at people with so much cash that they don't even notice the £5000 a year or whatever it is coming off.

Yes, they don't need to pay £250+ a time to wash their car - but if they didn't how else would they get it cleaned? A cheaper detailer maybe? I dont know enough about the actual process but if they're in the position to be paying as much they must have a decent amount of common sense and decide to do it. No-one's holding a gun to their head, so for all the people who say that it's too much, who's going to know better - themselves looking at pictures on a website or the far-too-rich person getting their own car done?

I like how Rich H stays away form these threads as well, be interesting to see what he thinks since people respect his opinion.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Oct 10 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think someones of Rich's services and prices are reasonable and sensible, this level malarky is just ridiculous, people will wise up sooner or later, thats why someone like Rich will still be around in a decade, and this lot will be out of business

[Edited on 25-10-2010 by Steve]
alan-g-w

25th Oct 10 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But Rich does the same sort of thing on a smaller scale, I'd be interested to see if he thinks it's all a sham because of the time these people take.
Rich H

25th Oct 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't stay away from these threads at all, I read them, but often refrain from commenting / getting involved in the typical CS arguments.

Fair play to PB - they have worked bloody hard to get where they are (now widely regarded as one of the top detailing companies in the World) their client list and advance bookings speak for themselves tbh.

I do struggle to understand how pricing and timescales can vary so dramatically up and down the country and from company to company.

One of the main reasons I'm dramatically cheaper than various other companies out there is down to the fact I'm mobile so don't have quite so many large overheads. I would love to have a unit - especially this time of the year, but I don't actually think I would be as busy, as many of my clients have already said it's a huge advantage that I can come to them. There's also the issue of my age meaning that 90% of the vehicles I work on I wouldn't be able to get the relevant insurance policy to cover me. Just because I'm cheaper though, doesn't mean I don't use boutique products and techniques where necessary. But, because I do also do a fair amount of high end valeting as well, I do still use bulk products too - all products I use are chosen because they work well and deliver good results imo, they're not chosen because of price or a poncy name.

Timescale wise, the longest I've EVER spent on a car was 4 days - the reason being was it was an absolute nightmare and a patchwork of paint, and very rare. I would be intrigued to see the differences between a car that's had a week spent on it and a car that's had 2-3 days spent on it as I genuinely doubt I'd be able to spot any worthwhile difference.

One thing that does annoy me now is the snobbery involved from those that used to be mobile and now have units - saying how being mobile means you cannot work to anywhere near the level of those in a unit as you can't control working conditions etc. Boils my blood

Having said all of the above though, a lot of it is all down to clever marketing, and if it works for you, fair play. I prefer to get the work done in a smaller timescale at a lesser price in return for less photos and general DW ponciness. Even though I have just signed up advertising on DW

My 2p for all it's worth anyway!
BluKoo

25th Oct 10 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems that a lot of you have seen the figures quoted for the top of the range details i've posted up and they've stuck in your head regardless of whats being done in the currently discussed detail.

Rich - Thanks for the honest and fair words

chrisritch

25th Oct 10 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
If it was a live webcam they wouldn't have been able to keep up the illusion that they can spend 3 months on 1 car.

quote:
Just goes to show even on a fairly clean car the wash stage will easily still take you a good 3-4 hours, sometimes even more.

In this case, its perfectly acceptable for them to spend as long as they think is necessary. The owner of the car has paid (upfront) for a yearly contract. The more hours they spend on it, the better, and its of no extra charge to the owner.

yeah good business there
BluKoo

25th Oct 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

yeah good business there

PB are more about quality, not quantity.
alan-g-w

25th Oct 10 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Rich, fair points well made.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: Ferrari F430 detail with a twist... 22 database queries in 0.0220971 seconds