corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Do you ever feel...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do you ever feel...
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Dec 10 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics of your GSI Tim?
Eck
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm the opposite. I bought the Volvo to grow up, now I want a screaming Honda to annoy people
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're probably in a position that you could afford both Eck, one daily and one toy, which is what I would do if I was working full time.
SXi_Tim

12th Dec 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not at the moment Danny, well no decent ones anyway. Just got a DSLR so need to get my arse into gear, get some of the LET too. I have a facelift 51 plate 2.6 v6, 5 years now and still love it
Eck
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
You're probably in a position that you could afford both Eck, one daily and one toy, which is what I would do if I was working full time.

Getting something in January Hope Shell doesn't appear
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice, I'm seriously fucking tempted to get rid and buy a GSI, plenty of time next year for a 2nd car when I can afford it.
Mark.W

12th Dec 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im in the same boat,been browsing cars alot over the past 6 months and now iv finallly been given a full time contract at work so new car is definetly on the cards and fancy a corsa D sri T or even a vxr.

Its gonna be so hard parting with my little corsa had it over 4 years now and is my 1st car but must move on some time and even considering stripping the car down to the bones and scrapping the shell so i wont see it be driven round by anyone else.

Ian
Site Administrator

12th Dec 10 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vec GSi is a lovely car full stop and sensible money as even if you pay a bit more you won't lose much selling it.

That black saloon on the pic is lovely although I would probably go for standard rims or something nearly OE 18 at most rather than 19s which will still drive fairly badly.

In fact I would probably try and keep it as standard as possible. Although if that is your only reason - other people - then perhaps don't worry about that.
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, the main reason is it's just not a practical every day car, if I got a vec it wouldnt have huge wheels on it, I'd more than likely get a phase 1 with standard wheels, I could sell the XSI and buy a phase 1 and have a fair bit of money in my back pocket afterwards.

MarkSport

12th Dec 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the time, I've had bangers and little shitty modified cars since I passed coming close to 6 years.However, Instead of getting a loan or a finance car I'm waiting untill i finish college before i treat myself.I'm 25 in jan and won't qualify untill 27 But atleast then I will have the cash to buy a car outright and say I've worked for it.plus I will have the advantage of hopefully 8 years no claims if I continue driving safely
Jon_C
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are considering selling and buying a sensible car to then go get another 106 as a second car next year would it not be easier to wait and save for the sensible car? At least you know all about your Pug and where you want to refine it.
Seems a bit silly to me to sell a good one then buy another one not long after that you know nothing about.
Corsa_Sport21

12th Dec 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH i think its an age thing too.

My mate had a Vtr when he was 18 and i always liked them and said i would like to own 1.
8 years on and i got 1 and loved it.......for about a week.Then after that slowly started to hate it.Sold it cpl of weeks ago and was glad to see the back of it.Infact i even delivered it to the guys house 60miles away just to get rid of it.Wasnt anything worng with it,had just passed its mot etc but the car on a whole was utter shit.The handling was the only good thing about it,but wasnt enough to make up for the rest of it.I just craved something with comfort which i put down to me not being 18 anymore.

I always say if you have thought about selling,then now is the time to do it as it will always be on your mind.

Would have been an awesome wee track car though.You should do a track day in it to make up for all the work that has been put into making it what it is.
connollygt30

12th Dec 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You crave comfort so sold the saxo and started looking at pumas?
Corsa_Sport21

12th Dec 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes and i bought a Puma.Should have just done it in the 1st place.

The Puma is much more comfortable than the Saxo was.Much better car too on a whole,and dare i say it,handles better.
Shell
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by DannyB

Getting something in January Hope Shell doesn't appear

Not a hope in hell.

[Edited on 12-12-2010 by Shell]
sand-eel

12th Dec 10 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a B for 3 years and when I was 20, I got my e36 bmw as I couldn't be fucked with the harshness and exhaust, then after about a year I thought the bmw was too comfy and quiet for its own good, so was looking at small hatchbacks again, then after a long drive at night I thought the bmw was fucking good, so kept it. Just did a 3 hour 220mile drive today and wasn't fatigued at all, now I'm thinking something bigger and more economical like a diesel (yes diesel, said I would never get one) bmw 5 series, was thinking about an offroader as well like a discovery/pajero and run it 50/50 diesel/used veg oil.
sand-eel

12th Dec 10 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also 6 pot diesels don't sound that bad anyway.
RichR
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel such a dick driving my car - Felt so awkward driving into the car park at the NWNWWM meet the other weekend, like I didn't belong - that's why I parked in a corner away from everyone
Jon_C
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I feel such a dick driving my car - Felt so awkward driving into the car park at the NWNWWM meet the other weekend, like I didn't belong - that's why I parked in a corner away from everyone

You are the complete opposite though. Young chap in old mans car
RichR
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's the point - I'd have my corsa back tomorrow; I miss driving the old shed
Jon_C
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought the Jag was getting sold?
RichR
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 23:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't justify it tbh; need to finish my house and I wouldn't be able to replace it with something as suitable for my job just yet; I thought about selling it and spending whatever I got for it on a CTR but its too much hassle for now and I like the heated screen, means I don't have to use De-Icer and risk wrecking the paint

Going to push on with the Kitten in the new year, that'll be my fun car
Colin

13th Dec 10 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sometimes think my RS is a bit chav
Fad

13th Dec 10 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll ask Jr and Willay in 5 years time
Rob E

13th Dec 10 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is part the reason I bought my mx5 I felt I was growing out of modded corsas etc, but my mx5 offers everything my modified corsas did and more. The worst I get is the odd hairdresser remark but what the hell. Ive never ever had one bad remark about it or felt embarrased driving it, just plenty of comments about how lovely it looks from people of all ages. I can still pretend to be Colin McRae down the back roads too

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Do you ever feel... 22 database queries in 0.3526919 seconds