corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 500MB data a month... (mobile contracts)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 500MB data a month... (mobile contracts)
John

User status: Offline
15th Dec 10 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What actually happened is what I've said above, I'd like to hear Robbo's version of events though.
Robbo

15th Dec 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perhaps I shoudl direct the question to our Chief Technology Officer, he's sat 10 ft away from me... I'm sure he'd have a chuckle

It's simple economics. We spend over £6 bn A YEAR updating and improving our network acorss our 27 markets and utilise a significnt number of yield management techniques to manage data growth but it is implausible to simply allow every tom dick and harry to consume as much data as they wish. 500MB is enough for 95% of people, quite simply a fact. we, and now most of the other operators (other than 3), have implemented tiered pricing so people can pay for what they use so if you want 1GB then you can have it. We cannot just pump money into the networks without generating a return so have had to go down the tiered pricing route because it is simply not possible to invest in the network to just give away huge amounts fo data, without it beign paid for
Ojc

15th Dec 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was last years profit Robbo?
Jambo

15th Dec 10 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People doing a job and charging for it rather than giving it away?

I'm shocked.
Robbo

15th Dec 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite!

Ollie - our EBITDA was £14.7bn. Not sure what our actual profit was
Robbo

15th Dec 10 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AOP was £11.5m. Still not actual profit though...
Butler

15th Dec 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Off day mate

This is off day

Yep
emicen

15th Dec 10 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Perhaps I shoudl direct the question to our Chief Technology Officer, he's sat 10 ft away from me... I'm sure he'd have a chuckle

It's simple economics. We spend over £6 bn A YEAR updating and improving our network acorss our 27 markets and utilise a significnt number of yield management techniques to manage data growth but it is implausible to simply allow every tom dick and harry to consume as much data as they wish. 500MB is enough for 95% of people, quite simply a fact. we, and now most of the other operators (other than 3), have implemented tiered pricing so people can pay for what they use so if you want 1GB then you can have it. We cannot just pump money into the networks without generating a return so have had to go down the tiered pricing route because it is simply not possible to invest in the network to just give away huge amounts fo data, without it beign paid for

Whats the UK reinvestment in network infrastructure as a % of gross vs. more advanced countries like Japan?

I was there in 2004 and their mobile use was through the roof then, be staggering to think what its like now and how they're avoiding their network falling over.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 500MB data a month... (mobile contracts) 22 database queries in 0.0122011 seconds