corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » anyone want an apprenticship..?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone want an apprenticship..?
Ojc

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I always said half the stuff they tried to teach me at school I'd never use again. And I was right.

Half? I would say 95% of the stuff they tried to teach me was utter nonsense that nobody will ever use. Which again goes back to that being taught how to pass an exam does not make you intelligent.

My grades were

English Language - D
English Literature - D
Science Physics - D
Science Biology- D
Maths - F
Business Studies - E
German - F
RE - F
Resistant Materials - U

Thick as fuck.

Do you want a fight?
mwg

22nd Dec 10 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He needs sorting out mate.
Hammer

22nd Dec 10 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No. You are that thick I would tell you to look behind you then kick you straight in the nuts.
Ojc

22nd Dec 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like to show you all my school reports

"He is intelligent but doesn't wish to use it"

"He does the bare minimum to get through the day"

Yadda yadda kiss my gritts.
Hammer

22nd Dec 10 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you were the guy from the foundy class that had to sit in with me and my mates in the top class in Maths and cut out triangles.
Ojc

22nd Dec 10 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was ever threatened with being take to see my head of year or put in with the year above I'd just go home.

I didn't stand for any shit.
John

22nd Dec 10 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
snuk in and painted a cock on the football field.

lmao at that, loads of us breaking into school grounds at night for a massive anti-climax
Ojc

22nd Dec 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you two fiends go to school together?
John

22nd Dec 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nup.
Ojc

22nd Dec 10 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry is that a yes or a no Rodger?
John

22nd Dec 10 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No mate, if you had listened in school you'd know what nup means.
Ojc

22nd Dec 10 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you hadn't been hard ears you would had put a yes or a no.
3CorsaMeal

22nd Dec 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

disappointed with Ojcs gsce's

what a thug
Liam

22nd Dec 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
quote:
Originally posted by marklaruk
fook they are keen on the gcse's eh!

Really? 5 a* - c, shouldn't be let out of education with any less than that surely, how would you ever get a job? End up on JSA forever

I never managed it, and I know many other's that didn't get 5 A*-Cs and not one of us has ever claimed benefits, I spent most of school not doing work etc (so it's my own fault) and I know atleast 20+ people who I went to school with and they went to uni who don't have jobs/claim JSA or some working part-time in Co-Op, as OJC says, just because you don't get the "grades" people/companies deem necessary doesn't mean you couldn't cope/do the job as well as someone who got A*-Cs
Ojc

22nd Dec 10 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How would you get a job with any less than an A* serious? Start at the bottom, show willingness to learn and knuckle down.
taylorboosh

22nd Dec 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
I'm interested but NVQ's are useless nowadays. They hand them out left right and centre at my place, infact i've got 2 and they paid me £100 in vouchers just for signing up each time.

BTEC...not sure how useful in the real world that is?

Basically, I would like to know if by doing the course i'll be better off than currently working in banking as a deputy manager on £17k + bonus...but going nowhere.

[Edited on 22-12-2010 by A2H GO]

its not a course its a job, any yes much better because at the end of it you will be on 26k with very good promotion opertunitys?
dannymccann

22nd Dec 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gotta say OJC the way you go on in this thread you kind of epitomise the twats that make school useless for kids these days, constantly disrupting education for those that do care about it, giving good teachers grief etc

Im not saying that school is the be all and end all, but it damn sure helps later on if you conform to it and give a shit enough to get through it with the grades that companies value

Im also not saying I was an angel, there were some funny times, but those people I used to hang around with have still yet to grow up, they all still live with their parents in the same home town going nowhere, still go out every weekend and piss whatever money they earn that week up the wall

[Edited on 22-12-2010 by dannymccann]
adiohead

22nd Dec 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I applied last night. I've got about 14 GCSEs and a pointless National Diploma

Probably fucked up the application but I'll just have to wait to see if I hear anything.
A2H GO

22nd Dec 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
quote:
I'm interested but NVQ's are useless nowadays. They hand them out left right and centre at my place, infact i've got 2 and they paid me £100 in vouchers just for signing up each time.

Basically, I would like to know if by doing the course i'll be better off than currently working in banking as a deputy manager on £17k + bonus...but going nowhere.

its not a course its a job, any yes much better because at the end of it you will be on 26k with very good promotion opertunitys?

I was asking about the qualifications as they are more important to me as im more interested in the long term benefits.

How longs the apprenticeship take?

Just started to complete the application form but can't watch the videos etc at work and need to concentrate for the tests so ill finish it off tonight.
taylorboosh

22nd Dec 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I was asking about the qualifications as they are more important to me as im more interested in the long term benefits.

Just started to complete the application form but can't watch the videos etc at work and need to concentrate for the tests so ill finish it off tonight.

it takes 3 years and you will be a qaulified telecims engineer, loads of oppertunities to do buisiness management degrees ect if your doing well
taylorboosh

22nd Dec 10 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
Well, I applied last night. I've got about 14 GCSEs and a pointless National Diploma

Probably fucked up the application but I'll just have to wait to see if I hear anything.

hopefully you get invited to a hub day, when i applied i never heard a thing for months and months
A2H GO

22nd Dec 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

it takes 3 years and you will be a qaulified telecims engineer, loads of oppertunities to do buisiness management degrees ect if your doing well

Cheers man. My grades meet the requirements, 2xA*, 6xA and 2xB at GCSE and 2xAS Levels but i've a feeling my drink driving ban of 4 years ago will put me out of the running considering its one of the first questions on the form

taylorboosh

22nd Dec 10 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, theres people employed who have been banned ect in the past. just be honest because they do check
Ojc

22nd Dec 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Gotta say OJC the way you go on in this thread you kind of epitomise the twats that make school useless for kids these days, constantly disrupting education for those that do care about it, giving good teachers grief etc

Im not saying that school is the be all and end all, but it damn sure helps later on if you conform to it and give a shit enough to get through it with the grades that companies value

Im also not saying I was an angel, there were some funny times, but those people I used to hang around with have still yet to grow up, they all still live with their parents in the same home town going nowhere, still go out every weekend and piss whatever money they earn that week up the wall

[Edited on 22-12-2010 by dannymccann]

If I knew you at school, you would have got beaten up.
Jake

22nd Dec 10 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gcse's didnt help me in my career

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » anyone want an apprenticship..? 22 database queries in 0.0291588 seconds