corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Extinguisher student locked up

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Extinguisher student locked up
ed

User status: Offline
11th Jan 11 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt it would explode, they're heavy enough to fuck someone over proper good though.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not buying violent disorder, violoent disorder is punching someone, or chucking a bottle at someone.

That thing landing on someone would have only resulted in one thing. He threw it off a roof knowing there was a group of people below, that to me makes it attempted murder/manslaughter

[Edited on 11-01-2011 by Steve]
Dom

11th Jan 11 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Does a fire extinguisher explode if it hits the ground when dropped / thrown from that sort of height?!

Perhaps if it was full/unused. But this was empty.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
...the only reason he got so long was the fact that the thing landed next to a group of police officers. If it had been caught on tape landing next to a group of average joes he'd get nowhere near that.

Completely agree with you there. I don't think this would have even seen the light of day if the extinguisher landed near a load of students.

i also get the impression had this been a chav throwing concrete breeze blocks off a motorway bridge, you would have had a different opinion
alan-g-w

11th Jan 11 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Im not buying violent disorder, violoent disorder is punching someone, or chucking a bottle at someone.

That thing landing on someone would have only resulted in one thing. He threw it off a roof knowing there was a group of people below, that to me makes it attempted murder/manslaughter

Yes, if it landed on someone it would probably have ended very badly. But the fact you seem to be missing is that it didn't. So turn that attempted/ murder into something less serious - violent disorder.

And who are you to say it would have 100% definetely killed someone? You're opinion is full of what ifs.
ed

11th Jan 11 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's no attempted murder though Steve. You'd have to prove that it was his intention to kill someone as murder is premeditated. This was obviously some stupid prick acting like a fucktard, if he managed to splatter someone's brain over the pavement then it could have been manslaughter as I doubt it was his intention to kill.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Yes, if it landed on someone it would probably have ended very badly. But the fact you seem to be missing is that it didn't. So turn that attempted/ murder into something less serious - violent disorder.

And who are you to say it would have 100% definetely killed someone? You're opinion is full of what ifs.

what would you say the chav throwing concrete off a motorway bridge at cars is then? how long would you give them? 6 months?
alan-g-w

11th Jan 11 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
It's no attempted murder though Steve. You'd have to prove that it was his intention to kill someone as murder is premeditated. This was obviously some stupid prick acting like a fucktard, if he managed to splatter someone's brain over the pavement then it could have been manslaughter as I doubt it was his intention to kill.

Completely agree.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

i disagree, unless you are mentally ill, anyone in there right mind, would think right before the moment they let go, "if this hits someone its going to kill them" coupled with the fact below is a crowd of people, id say he knew right before he threw it it would stand a high chance of killing, and he still did it, attempted murder imo

alan-g-w

11th Jan 11 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

what would you say the chav throwing concrete off a motorway bridge at cars is then? how long would you give them? 6 months?

Someone throwing a fire extinguisher off a building during a riot = fucking ridiculous behaviour but it's relative to what people are doing around them.

Someone throwing a breeze block off a motorway bridge = a totally random act which is much more likely to end up in serious injury/ death to much more people than one fire extinguisher. The two are not comparable tbh.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they arent comparable because you dont want to compare them as they dont support your argument
Ojc

11th Jan 11 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look, students are wankers end of story.
taylorboosh

11th Jan 11 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he must be a shit shot
Dr Pepper

11th Jan 11 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all very well sending people to prison out of spite, and to punish them---but in the end it just punishes all of us, not just them. I dont even think many prisoners see it as a punishment - they would rather be in prison feeding their drug habbit, feeling sorry for themselves, not facing up to problems, than out on the streets painting fences, clearing snow and grafting for the public they have harmed
- I would like to see the army get involved with community service - not probation officers and social workers - make it a regimented, productive public service with some proper discipline involved.

Prison doesnt work - simple as that in my book - there are better, more cost effective, and more successfull forms of punishment. Prisons should be for keeping people off the streets who can not be rehabilitated, for those who are a danger or threat to the public...it shouldnt be a place to just dump people, then forget about them untill they are released and reoffend...its pointless

11th Jan 11 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His actions have probably extiguished any dreams he had of a succesful life.
Cavey

11th Jan 11 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
His actions have probably extiguished any dreams he had of a succesful life.

AK

11th Jan 11 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres a good prison story for you...

At christmas or new year some inmates began to riot when they were told the paty was over and they were not allowed anymore booze.

WTF were they given booze for in the first place!

AK

11th Jan 11 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed

i disagree, unless you are mentally ill, anyone in there right mind, would think right before the moment they let go, "if this hits someone its going to kill them" coupled with the fact below is a crowd of people, id say he knew right before he threw it it would stand a high chance of killing, and he still did it, attempted murder imo

not really... folk sometimes do stupid things in the heat of the moment.

I've thrown a bottle off a hotel roof before - it was only afterwards when I thought of the what ifs.

You cant say what was going through his head, but he should have been punished as he MUST have known there were folk down there. 2 years is a tad excessive, but he is VERY lucky that he didnt kill someone.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jan 11 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

small bottle of a hotel roof with very small chance of someone below, or heavy fire extinguisher off a roof with crowds below.

i wouldnt put it on the same level tbh, the crime naturally scales with the size of the object and situation, throw a stone off a roof with noone around and its not really a crime, throw a concrete block off a roof with crowds below and its becomes a potential massive crime

Root

11th Jan 11 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Clearly he is just been made an example. I agree with everyone in saying what he did was completely irresponsible and damn right fucking stupid but 32 months is a ridiculously sentence considering no one was harmed and in comparison, people who have killed or badly injured people have received lesser sentences.

true. I thought 2 years for throwing an extinguisher is harsh.

Fact of the matter is, never before (or rarely) have people been punished because "it could have hit someone", yeah but it didn't. I could have run someone over when I drove my car last night, but I didn't.

Oh well, hopefully they'll shave his hair
Root

11th Jan 11 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
heres a good prison story for you...

At christmas or new year some inmates began to riot when they were told the paty was over and they were not allowed anymore booze.

WTF were they given booze for in the first place!

prison just sounds like somewhere you go when you dont wanna pay rent no more
oceansoul

11th Jan 11 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 Years WTF!! He should have got much longer than that! This counties sentences are a joke. He threw that extinguisher with the intent of hitting police, look where it landed.

Fucking stupid hippy cunt
Mark B

11th Jan 11 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
2 Years WTF!! He should have got much longer than that! This counties sentences are a joke. He threw that extinguisher with the intent of hitting police, look where it landed.

Fucking stupid hippy cunt
alan-g-w

11th Jan 11 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the type of thing where a meek, geeky sack of a person gets sent to jail, spends their time in there getting hardened up and come out a worse person than they went in.
oceansoul

11th Jan 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree. Execute the twat!

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Extinguisher student locked up 22 database queries in 0.0160842 seconds