corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tailgating

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tailgating
Chris x

User status: Offline
18th Jan 11 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive like to much of a cunt for anyone to tailgate me!
AlexW

18th Jan 11 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get tailgated in any car, Van is even worse, Some people get so close you can hardly see them.

I just usually ignore them.
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport

giving him road rage in a car as noticable as yours mate. lets just hope he dont see it parked up in your workplace

never thought of that...be 'reet hopefully Thank god for the private staff carpark lol.

[Edited on 18-01-2011 by shaunmods]
FAZ
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can vouch for giving way to nobs on the road, not as if i have a discrete car
Daveskater
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Depends if I'm in the van or car, van I just sit at 5mph below the speed limit. Car I just put my foot down a bit to leave a gap, if they don't get the message then I tend to get annoyed myself and depends on the car as to what happens next
I've tried speeding up a bit to make a gap but they always catch up again or keep up so then I changed to the slow down technique
quote:
Originally posted by ianofbhills
Usually if people are tailgating its because the car in front is better than theirs.

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
theres always twats who sit 10cm off the rear bumper of the car infront, then constantly braking as they are so close to crashing
It seriously baffles me why people do this. I see them up ahead and think "if you hung a bit further back, there wouldn't be a need to brake every 5 seconds" It baffles me, it really does.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Daveskater
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
not as if i have a discrete car
You can say that again

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Phillips_91

18th Jan 11 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get it all the time, so i got this

(middle sticker)

Edit: cant see that very well, but reads 'my brakes are good, how's your insurance'

[Edited on 18-01-2011 by Phillips_91]
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it
SeanXE

18th Jan 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally get this from little chavs in there horribly "suped" up saxos, thinking I'm a chavy boy racer or something. Normally i'll slow down to like 10mph then they overtake and laugh or wave because there faster
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just like cruising about

If they want to overtake me,i'll let them,it's not worth racing about for a copper to be sat at side of road

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Phillips_91

18th Jan 11 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi

If they want to overtake me,i'll let them,it's not worth racing about for a copper to be sat at side of road

i've had that many section 59's now for 'driving like an idiot' (and no im not proud of them, i just tend to get unlucky when messing about with friends) that i couldnt care less anymore, i do it just to piss them off, if there gonna sit on my arse i give them a reason to sit on my arse

i wanna buy one of them scrolling message things, so when people sit on my arse i can flick a message on that says something along the lines of ' get the fuck off my arse!'
SeanXE

18th Jan 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phillips_91
quote:

i've had that many section 59's now for 'driving like an idiot' (and no im not proud of them, i just tend to get unlucky when messing about with friends) that i couldnt care less anymore, i do it just to piss them off, if there gonna sit on my arse i give them a reason to sit on my arse

i wanna buy one of them scrolling message things, so when people sit on my arse i can flick a message on that says something along the lines of ' get the fuck off my arse!'

Would be good if it said, Hey, want to jump in the boot?
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SeanXE
quote:
quote:

Would be good if it said, Hey, want to jump in the boot?

Adam C
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the Mopeds with L plates that I tend to attract, had it in the Astra a few weeks back and really couldn't be bothered with the constant buzzing and beeping and hanging an inch off of my rear bumper, at the next roundabout I went all the way around and went on to follow them at a distance, I didn't do anything but it was enough to make them paranoid and 'split up' fast and furious style.

I used to get it all the time in my 1.0 Corsa, there was nothing I could do about it.
Once had a kitted up 306 follow me for ages constantly slowing down and then racing up to a couple of inches off my bumper, he overtook me whilst his mates looked back and laughed, a mile on and there he was pulled over by the police getting a good telling off

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Phillips_91

18th Jan 11 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well you can program them with different mesages

there was once where someone was up my arse, so i stopped in the middle of the road got out the car opened the boot then turned round to the woman behind and said 'oh sorry, was under the impression you wanted something from my boot' she looked so confused

Can't do this now though seeing as i have to climb through the back of my car to open the boot
RS6

18th Jan 11 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes this happens to me, never happened in my corsa c but nowadays seem to get tail gaited all the time in the leon and end up having to speed up because of it, people are just jealous i think

[Edited on 18-01-2011 by RS6]
AlexW

18th Jan 11 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad has a story of popping a boot on his car when being followed, Had to stop and close it, but funny lol
SeanXE

18th Jan 11 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
well you can program them with different mesages

there was once where someone was up my arse, so i stopped in the middle of the road got out the car opened the boot then turned round to the woman behind and said 'oh sorry, was under the impression you wanted something from my boot' she looked so confused

Can't do this now though seeing as i have to climb through the back of my car to open the boot

Not to mention the fact of nowa days.. You'd probably be shot.
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

18th Jan 11 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Jambo

18th Jan 11 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got it all the time in my Corsa and in my Astra and get it sometimes in the Clio and people revving at me as they dive past

Coincidently it never happened in the Calibra, Z3 or M3

Moral of the story is boy racer cars attract imbeciles.

I miss my BM
boylers11

18th Jan 11 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get tail-gated everyday in my Fabia VRS. I went out to my car after work today to find that the rear washer mount has broken, so instead of squirting towards the window, it pisses out backwards about 10ft....could be handy tomorrow!!
SeanXE

18th Jan 11 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

! ^
am4nf

18th Jan 11 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by boylers11
I get tail-gated everyday in my Fabia VRS. I went out to my car after work today to find that the rear washer mount has broken, so instead of squirting towards the window, it pisses out backwards about 10ft....could be handy tomorrow!!

You need a sticker just underneath it that says " would you like some screenwash?"
richc

18th Jan 11 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by boylers11

My mates pissrate estate did this. Its so funny (sounds not so, when writing it on the net tho!)

But i get this in the megane. People see the bucket seats, exhaust etc and just think i will tail gate him.

It never ever is a decent car though. Its always someone is something really old or underpowered. Also tends to be a young male (im also one), but one who wears a cap and drives leaning towards the steering wheel instead of actually sitting in the seat.
xa0s
Banned

19th Jan 11 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When my boost hose kept popping off on my Fabia vRS a M3 convertible bombed it up behind me but I couldn't do much more than 30mph (it was a 30mph zone luckily). He was literally so close that I couldn't see his headlights and half of his bonnet and after a while got a bit bored of it so planted my foot to absolutely cover him in black smoke. I can't even begin to explain how bad it was, I couldn't see out of any mirror and when I finally let off the throttle enough for the smoke to clear slowly but surely I could see him again and he was a good 50 metres behind me by this point.

No word of a lie when a boost hose is off it's literally as bad as the video below. You can't see fuck all behind you for ages! Just a massive cloud of pitch black smoke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yofCjd3QHuI

[Edited on 19-01-2011 by xa0s]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tailgating 23 database queries in 0.0733528 seconds