corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rush hour racing / aggressive driving

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rush hour racing / aggressive driving
adiohead

User status: Offline
28th Jan 11 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I enjoy merging from dual to single.

BUT, I can't stand it when people try and merge off a roundabout into a single carriageway
sc0ott

28th Jan 11 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just down from my work we have a roundabout thats normally heeving due to massive ques going straight across. You get all the faggots who sit in the way of cars going across where they are.
Its two lanes going straight on and one left and there are drivers who dont want to wait in the que going straight ahead so they use the one going left and then merge in at the last minute causing everyone else to stop.
sand-eel

28th Jan 11 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally only filter through stopped traffic, fuck flying past people at normal speeds, that IS illegal and just dodgy.
Ben G

28th Jan 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
But if they were moving then whos fault would it be because im pretty damm sure it wont be legal in the uk.
i cant ever recall their being a rule about checking for motorcyclists driving through the middle in both my theory and practical car test. checking mirrors yes but moving to let motorcyclists through the middle no.

someone needs to read up on the laws of the road as it's legal for motorbikes to filter through traffic.

sc0ott

28th Jan 11 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
But if they were moving then whos fault would it be because im pretty damm sure it wont be legal in the uk.
i cant ever recall their being a rule about checking for motorcyclists driving through the middle in both my theory and practical car test. checking mirrors yes but moving to let motorcyclists through the middle no.

someone needs to read up on the laws of the road as it's legal for motorbikes to filter through traffic.

Its legal up to a certain speed such as 20. Not 50mph.
Ben G

28th Jan 11 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no one said 50mph.
sc0ott

28th Jan 11 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
whats the speed limit for filtering then?

i look out for motorcyclists in the manner i was tought / told (i.e checking mirrors before pulling out, checking blind spots etc).
when im driving on50mph roads (i.e driving across the forth road bridge) or 70mph roads that have ques which make drivers travel at around 4-50 there are plenty of motorcyclists filtering through.

Ben G

28th Jan 11 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but you started on sand eel even though he didn't mention any speed.

i see lots of bad things on the road, but i don't come on here and take it out on people who drive the same vehicle.

last night, driving to work, i got stuck behind some idiot in the outside lane in some people carrier/van thing doing 65-70mph when there was no traffic on the inside lanes.

i gave him time to pull over, then flashed him, then eventually undertook as he obviously was retarded.

i then pull back in front and carried on my journey and the prick put his full beam on. absolute cunt. i got so pissed off i actually did something stupid and slowed down to 30mph, then when he went to undertake me, i sped up

pretty stupid of me really, looking back, but it was late at night and roads were near enough empty.
sc0ott

28th Jan 11 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didnt need to. But if a biker crashed doing it it would be over the news saying how a biker was killed but no mention of how therefore car drivers would be to blame.

I doubt any biker only filters when cars are stationary. What happens when they start moving, obviously continue on. Ill believe it when i see it but for now in the whole year and so many months of motorway driving ive yet to see a biker stay behind a car without filtering.
Ben G

28th Jan 11 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i saw one 2 days ago. i laughed as it seemed so odd
richc

28th Jan 11 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
but you started on sand eel even though he didn't mention any speed.

i see lots of bad things on the road, but i don't come on here and take it out on people who drive the same vehicle.

last night, driving to work, i got stuck behind some idiot in the outside lane in some people carrier/van thing doing 65-70mph when there was no traffic on the inside lanes.

i gave him time to pull over, then flashed him, then eventually undertook as he obviously was retarded.

i then pull back in front and carried on my journey and the prick put his full beam on. absolute cunt. i got so pissed off i actually did something stupid and slowed down to 30mph, then when he went to undertake me, i sped up

pretty stupid of me really, looking back, but it was late at night and roads were near enough empty.

I dont think there is a week that goes by where this doesnt happen to me

Im chilled out on the roads, untill this situation arises. It goes to me head and often do stuff like this....
Mattb

28th Jan 11 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was confronted with my pet hate on the way home tonight.. a 25mph warrior on a 60mph b road - and shit me did they nearly cause an accident!

This road is just as wide as a normal road, just without the pavement, yet they felt compelled to travel at 25mph litterally in the middle of the road. Came round a corner and a car comming the other way - my bumhole did some puckereing i can tell you! I hung far far back after that!

i just dont get some people
big eck

28th Jan 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love how everyone that's on there high horse in this thread never drive out of order

corsayoung

28th Jan 11 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its called rush hour for a reason! everyone is rushing and is the most stressful time to drive because of this!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

28th Jan 11 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a rush hour wanker. Love carving into a 1 foot gap when the car doesnt wanna let you in Places to be.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Mattb

28th Jan 11 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
I love how everyone that's on there high horse in this thread never drive out of order

I will hold my hands up - im a cock driving in rush hour - i will go up a lane and merge in at the top if its faster - i am also terrible for getting in the wrong lane in one place and cutting in because it saves me a good 10mins on my journey - but some people are in a different league of idiocy imo
Jambo

28th Jan 11 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mattb:
Obvs a Windsor resident
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
29th Jan 11 at 03:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Taking longer to get through a queue because of inconsiderate mergers stops me getting home.

Bombing up then cutting in last minute 100% causes a slowdown.
But if people are merging properly, there is no opportunity to bomb up and cut in.
sc0ott

29th Jan 11 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you have traffic moving at 10-20mph for 2 miles with everyone that close to the person in front they constantly brake, then go, brake, then go, theres no room for anyone to merge in. Its the bad half the time the slow lane traffic is usually moving faster.
Its because people will get to a few feet from their turn off and then indicate in. If they dont get in they stop and that causes everyone behind to stop dead.

Ian, you must be refering to ques that are flowing at normal speeds where people leave gaps of about 3 cars which is fine because theres no need for everyone to brake.

[Edited on 29-01-2011 by sc0ott]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
29th Jan 11 at 08:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not talking about your experience of the road here, I'm talking about what SHOULD happen.

Obviously, there are a great many people who don't know what is the best approach, hence why you see what you describe.

There is no reason whatsoever why cars approaching a merge should have to brake erratically.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Jan 11 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt make any differance how you brake trying to squeeze more objects through a narrow gap will create a bottle neck and ultimatley slow stuff up
Mattb

29th Jan 11 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
doesnt make any differance how you brake trying to squeeze more objects through a narrow gap will create a bottle neck and ultimatley slow stuff up

i agree - but if the bottle neck is already there im going the quickest way - its not going to free up if i stay in the longer que
Steve
Premium Member

29th Jan 11 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep it might be quicker for you but makes the queue in general slower
sc0ott

29th Jan 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also the ones that switch between lanes because one is going faster than the other. People actually slow down to let people in for no reason other than the extra 2mph they have over the slower side.
I would be happy to say something over the radio, telling people to stop being gay fucks and start going the speed limits.
Rebrabuk

30th Jan 11 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Learner Drivers during Rush Hour traffic..

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rush hour racing / aggressive driving 23 database queries in 0.0162950 seconds