corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Speeding Ticket

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speeding Ticket
gtitim

User status: Offline
9th Feb 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
can we also clear up another myth, if a police car pulls you over with a mechnical fault to his car, say with a headlight out, then they cannot do you for anything

It will have no effect on the outcome of the stop. It would be hypocritical to stop you for a bulb out if the police car had one out. However, if the officer wants to, he can, but that would be out of order in my opinion.

If you were stopped for an intelligence purpose, or because you had committed an offence, it will have no bearing. We are not insured to change bulbs, so sometimes they go and we have to take the car off the road until its fixed. ~sometimes we dont realise bulbs go while we are driving, or take the decision to use the car to deploy to an urgent job where it could be a life or death job. I will stand up in court and justify using a Police car with a tail light out to do that run.
adiohead

9th Feb 11 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd fight it just to waste the stupid officer's time.

My friend was supposed to go to court on a speeding offence and because the officer went on holiday nothing ever came of it.
Fro

9th Feb 11 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about if they are driving around with fogs on when it isn't foggy?
chrisritch

9th Feb 11 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle

what about if they speed through the town, then turn their lights off when they get clear of traffic? seen cunts do this loads of times
Paul_J

9th Feb 11 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm agreeing with Steve here.

A ) gtitim is probably Jimmy Bennet / not a real person, trying to pretend he's a police officer. e.g. SP60 for exceeding 60 mph that screams no idea what he's talking about.

and B ) if gtitim is real, it's quite obvious (in my opinion) he was bullied / abused as a child and seems to get off on his 'power' now - but probably has no mates.
nathy_87

9th Feb 11 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
can we also clear up another myth, if a police car pulls you over with a mechnical fault to his car, say with a headlight out, then they cannot do you for anything

I actually pulled a Copper over for this, he thanked me and went on his way.

True Story.
chrisritch

9th Feb 11 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
quote:

I actually pulled a Copper over for this, he thanked me and went on his way.

True Story.

he thanked you but was thinking what a cunt lol
BarnshaW

9th Feb 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does make me laugh how the office in this thread issued someone a ticket because he was ovetaking someone upto speeds of 90mph on a "course" and the car behind was doing the same so he issued the car behind a ticket? hang on? surely he is no less of a threat speeding then you were? course or not on a public road.
Steve X16XE

9th Feb 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
does make me laugh how the office in this thread issued someone a ticket because he was ovetaking someone upto speeds of 90mph on a "course" and the car behind was doing the same so he issued the car behind a ticket? hang on? surely he is no less of a threat speeding then you were? course or not on a public road.

Don't be daft!

The Police can drive at any speed and in any manner in any car. They own the road and there is nothing anyone else can do about it!

If another Police car sticks their blues on, they pull over, have a good chat and drive off with nothing said.
jacko198

9th Feb 11 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle

Does my head in that! More people should be stopped for it, it is against the law!
Steve X16XE

9th Feb 11 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about when one headlight is blinding you like the mainbeam is on. It's because the bulb isn't fitted correctly.
gtitim

10th Feb 11 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
what about if they speed through the town, then turn their lights off when they get clear of traffic? seen cunts do this loads of times

Sometimes we get deployed to a job and then cancelled halfway there. No longer a need to use lights/sirens and exemptions therefore they are cancelled and we resume normal road speeds.

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

A ) gtitim is probably Jimmy Bennet / not a real person, trying to pretend he's a police officer. e.g. SP60 for exceeding 60 mph that screams no idea what he's talking about.

and B ) if gtitim is real, it's quite obvious (in my opinion) he was bullied / abused as a child and seems to get off on his 'power' now - but probably has no mates.

I can assure you I am real, and you pay my wages. Sometimes we all make mistakes - I quoted a wrong code - big deal. As for the bullied / abused crap - heard it a million times before. Grow up and get something original. It's not funny or amusing, just boring and old.

quote:

On a standard or advanced driving course we have to 'make progress'. This can involve the use of unmarked vehicles and exceeding the speed limits. AS stated, whilst on the course and driving an unmarked Mondeo, I was upto 90 in places. Followed by a chav in a clio. He was pulled over and ticketed. I have an exemption to exceed speed limit, he didnt. We have to be taught how to drive above limits on public roads - it would be a bit stupid to do a course on a track when all the driving relates to on the road.

for what its worth, I shan't bother posting any further replies to this. Sometimes we make mistakes, and can't please everyone. Our job is to enforce and uphold the law. This by its nature means we upset people by our actions. Sorry, but thats life. Everyone is quick to call us when they have been the victim of a crime, and expect us to do absolutely everything physically possible to bring the offenders to justice. Sometimes we can, sometimes we cant, We need evidence. You saying 'it was xxxx who did it' without anything to back this up ie seeing it or cctv, then its not enough evidence.

OP - If i were the officer, the court case would be seen as a possibility to get out of a night shift, or a rest day on duty, so wouldnt bother me. Pay it or go to court.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Feb 11 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
We need evidence. You saying 'it was xxxx who did it' without anything to back this up ie seeing it or cctv, then its not enough evidence.

i find this a little hypocritical going by what you said earlier in the thread that you can ticket someone based on your eyesight and judgement alone

surely police officers are just as much as a 3rd party witness as any other witness in a court of law and should be bound to the same terms of providing supporting evidence

Surely if officers are allowed to spin the "i saw him do it" line then anyone else should be

[Edited on 10-02-2011 by Steve]
Paul_J

10th Feb 11 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gtitim is so Jimmy Bennet They have the same writing style.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Feb 11 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes i find the "im not replying anymore to this thread" a little suspicious, sounds like a defense mechanism for being caught out more
Paul_J

10th Feb 11 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly
Steve X16XE

10th Feb 11 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

'make progress'

Nice one. If I get pulled again i'll just tell them, I was making progress and all will be well.

Is it a safe word?
bigboykarl

10th Feb 11 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a copper once wrote p***cuv on a speeding ticket my reg was cov...i paid the fine but pointed this out to the person at the station when i produced who wrote it up...3 weeks later i got i check from them for the fine and a letter saying they had decieded not to prosecute but reminded me to keep within the law...or some old bollocks
BarnshaW

10th Feb 11 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

On a standard or advanced driving course we have to 'make progress'. This can involve the use of unmarked vehicles and exceeding the speed limits. AS stated, whilst on the course and driving an unmarked Mondeo, I was upto 90 in places. Followed by a chav in a clio. He was pulled over and ticketed. I have an exemption to exceed speed limit, he didnt. We have to be taught how to drive above limits on public roads - it would be a bit stupid to do a course on a track when all the driving relates to on the road.

for what its worth, I shan't bother posting any further replies to this. Sometimes we make mistakes, and can't please everyone. Our job is to enforce and uphold the law. This by its nature means we upset people by our actions. Sorry, but thats life. Everyone is quick to call us when they have been the victim of a crime, and expect us to do absolutely everything physically possible to bring the offenders to justice. Sometimes we can, sometimes we cant, We need evidence. You saying 'it was xxxx who did it' without anything to back this up ie seeing it or cctv, then its not enough evidence.

OP - If i were the officer, the court case would be seen as a possibility to get out of a night shift, or a rest day on duty, so wouldnt bother me. Pay it or go to court.

my argument is, people are issued with tickets because they are speeding and it is meant to be a deterrant against people speeding as it is unsafe, so what right does someone who is doing 90 on a public road at a public time have to give someone doing the same a ticket, sorry but what a bunch of useless cunts, on training and still got time to pull over and issue tickets,

you also mention about people wanting the police help when something goes wrong or they need help, your right we do, but i personally got none of that either when my car was broken into or when my neighbours house was, police were probably too busy out on training courses on public roads or giving out tickets.

sorry but there maybe a few exceptions to policeman out there who are understanding and fairly reasonable but in my experience they are few and far between and most are arrogant wasters who have something to prove by having some authority. jokers.
John

10th Feb 11 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE
quote:

'make progress'

Nice one. If I get pulled again i'll just tell them, I was making progress and all will be well.

Is it a safe word?

Making progress in no way suggests you are allowed to speed, you make progress when doing a civilian advanced driving course.
mattk

16th Mar 11 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

if gtitim is real, it's quite obvious (in my opinion) he was bullied / abused as a child and seems to get off on his 'power' now - but probably has no mates.
mart08uk

17th Mar 11 at 02:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with most BarnshaW has said, through my own experiences. Although I have never been pulled or had any speeding fines etc, but my brother was riding his motorbike late the other night coming home from work around 1am. He got pulled, 2 police officers got out and basically presumed he had done something wrong. Asked him why he was out so late, which fair enough as he could have been up to trouble or something, but they spoke over him with an attitude and said his tail light was out when it wasn't as he showed them. Told him he shouldn't be driving late and they aren’t sure if he is safe to ride home. They let him go eventually but, why not just be friendly? I have had this treatment also when my Corsa got stolen and when I was jumped
Pop

17th Mar 11 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just read this thread for the first time and have a question.

Say for example I am driving along in a 30 and a Police officer who is parked in a stationary vehicle decides in his opinion I am speeding. I say I am not guilty and we go to court.

Whilst in court the Policeman says in his opinion I was speeding. I then say no I wasn't. Neither of us have any proof. Do I then just walk out with a verdict in my favour and a great waste of tax payers money?
Steve
Premium Member

17th Mar 11 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no because according to gtitim a police officers opninio is > then yours

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Speeding Ticket 22 database queries in 0.0175788 seconds