corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This is why the GP is cancelled in Bahrain..

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This is why the GP is cancelled in Bahrain..
Nath

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 11 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Anyone else just really not give a fuck about all this?

Just me?

I'm with you. Politics and all this kind of shit doesn't interest me in the slightest. I literally couldn't care less. Ignorant and a shit attitude maybe, but meh. I'll be alright.
3CorsaMeal

22nd Feb 11 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they should of done one of them online petitions instead
Jambo

22nd Feb 11 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

ed

22nd Feb 11 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
It's historic.

We'll be telling our grandchildren about this when our children take us on a nice family holiday to Iraq one day...
adiohead

22nd Feb 11 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Down with everything!

Dr Pepper

22nd Feb 11 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont get it - what are you not interested in ....what goes on in the world?

If you just mean you dont give a shit about any particular political party or idea then im right with you. Politics isnt just tory or labour though is it - its everything that goes on in the world. I appreciate people not understanding things, I struggle to comprehend some of the crazy history these countries have - but to not care about what is happening is just either very dumb, or just something you say without really meaning it

How can you not care whats happening in places like Egypt, libya ect...and what influence it has on us - and how we have helped to create some of these disasters?

I dont get how people are so short sighted - got to look beyond this tiny little island .... What is happening in the middle east could go one of a number of ways..... the uprisings could get put down, they could grow in intensity and spread accross the region. You could see completely new types of political systems sprouting from these places, you could even see a move away from religion which could spread into Israel. Or it could go the other way - the new politics could be infultrated by muslim fundamentalism and we could be on the way to a holy war in the future

What ever happens the world is changing rapidly at the moment - America is losing power, as a result of that Israel is loosing its power in the middle east - we are on our knees - china is flying and the whole of the middle east and russia is in absolute turmoil with Governments desperately trying to hold on to power.

This could be a 10 year period where everything changes - no idea whether it will be for the good or better.

The stakes are pretty high though in this area - you could be going out to fight in this region at some point if things went to the worst possible conclusion ...you may give a shit then. For once I would actually support us getting involved in some other countries shit.... we need to make absolutely sure these countries which reach revolution are not breeding grounds for religious nutcases to seize power. The same thing that happened in iran and we sat by and watched as we thought we could still do arms deals with the fundamentalist muslims who we are now having a 'war on terror' with

[Edited on 22-02-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Nismo

22nd Feb 11 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

never a dull moment
emicen

22nd Feb 11 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It never fails to amaze me people are fascinated by some sneaky fucker screwing over somone else on Coronation Street but upscale it to one politician or country fucking over another and they couldn't care less
Jambo

22nd Feb 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People vilify Americans (especially on here) for their lack of worldly knowledge. This is more of the same. Everything ultimately affects us. We all inhabit the same planet
Nath

22nd Feb 11 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper

What difference does any of this shit have on me going home tonight and watching Chelsea with a couple of beers?
Jambo

22nd Feb 11 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*struggles urge to resist posting JFK quote and gettin misty eyed*
taylorboosh

22nd Feb 11 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

expected a better vid than that tbh
Nath

22nd Feb 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
*struggles urge to resist posting JFK quote and gettin misty eyed*

My life is easy and I'd rather not spend time worrying/thinking about stuff out of my power. What will be will be.
Dr Pepper

22nd Feb 11 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

What difference does any of this shit have on me going home tonight and watching Chelsea with a couple of beers?

Wont make a difference to you tonight - If you look at things on that basic a level.

However- there are members of the british army- who serve on your behalf, so you and me dont have to - who are on their way to Libya to protect innocent people from a military regime which your tax money has helped to arm and protect for decades.

Its a selfish attitude that most of us in the west- me included are guilty of.... untill it directly hits us we dont give a shit.....Its like people who moan about immigrants and assylum seekers being here...but dont moan when we are carpet bombing the countires where they have fled from, or people who say we should ivade Iran - without realising we helped that regime come to power and stood back and let it flourish while it looked to be in our financial interests...its selfish, ignorance- whatever you want to call it...but it will result in people dying somewhere in the world that shouldnt have

Enjoy your beers

[Edited on 22-02-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Nath

22nd Feb 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, who chose to be in the army. Fair play to them but it's not for me. My best mate whose wedding I was usher at was in the Army for ages, went to Iraq and everytyhing. So that angle won't work on me.

And I will
taylorboosh

22nd Feb 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so in that case, he is saving them personally so should enjoy his beer
Nath

22nd Feb 11 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
so in that case, he is saving them personally so should enjoy his beer

I might even buy an AK47 so there is one less on the street.
taylorboosh

22nd Feb 11 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you ever stop giving...?

e-back pat for you
Dr Pepper

22nd Feb 11 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah, who chose to be in the army. Fair play to them but it's not for me. My best mate whose wedding I was usher at was in the Army for ages, went to Iraq and everytyhing. So that angle won't work on me.

And I will

so if they dont choose to be in the army - what happens then? You and me are forced to....I dont see how that angle doesnt work for you?
taylorboosh

22nd Feb 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but there will always be a supply of teenagers wanting to shoot things - dont worry
Nath

22nd Feb 11 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

And I will

so if they dont choose to be in the army - what happens then? You and me are forced to....I dont see how that angle doesnt work for you?

Not going to happen is it? Stop scare mongering. That's total worst case scenario. The Army turns people away, there is no shortage.

What if the Devil comes up from Hell and asks for my beers?!
Nath

22nd Feb 11 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but there will always be a supply of teenagers wanting to shoot things - dont worry

Even more so with Uni fee's going up.
taylorboosh

22nd Feb 11 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what if you realise chelsea are shite?
Ben D

22nd Feb 11 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There sure are some self righteous twat's on this forum at times, Personally i have taken an interest in the ongoing event's but to those who haven't, leave them be, for all intents and purposes it makes absolutely no difference whether they are even aware of what is ongoing in Libya, Bahrain & Egypt and nor would them talking about it on a car forum make the slightest bit of difference, Ignorance is bliss etc etc
Nath

22nd Feb 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what if you realise chelsea are shite?

I know this. I don't support them so no bother.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This is why the GP is cancelled in Bahrain.. 22 database queries in 0.1707089 seconds