corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Petrol Price increase?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Petrol Price increase?
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Mar 11 at 09:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't seen 130.9 for unleaded in a while

MX5 takes Shell FuelSave Unleaded which is around 133/134.9

Diesel is up to around to 140 now round here.
Woody
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

8th Mar 11 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it hit 2 pound im migrating ... i refuse to pay that much to get to work, soon there will come a time where "work" makes us no money were spening it all to get there, the goverment need to stick a rocket up their ass and see the future outcomes..
DaveyLC

8th Mar 11 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Societies habbits need to change, its not sustainable to work so far from home.

Things are changing though, the public sector is in the middle of a massive shake up because its become clear it has been wasting money for decades and the welfare state will no doubt see some more contraversial reviews.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Mar 11 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes our county council is having to make 70 million pounds worth of savings over 3 years.

nice to see some of the over crowded middle management going, council is full of micro management gone mad and it drives me mad

[Edited on 08-03-2011 by Steve]
pow
Premium Member

8th Mar 11 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mum works for the council and has said exactly what Steve said.
ed

8th Mar 11 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're hugely wasteful. When I walk to the office in the morning I actually get angry that all the council workers park their cars in pay and display spaces using their free parking permits. A) The building I walk past has two large car parks, B) They're blocking spaces that should be generating revenue and C) Everyone else who works in the city has to pay for their parking, what makes council workers so special? Can't they afford the £2 a day, everyone else seems to.
SXIBLK

8th Mar 11 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely someones going to come up with something cheaper to dilute the petrol or something with no effect ?
DaveyLC

8th Mar 11 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
yes our county council is having to make 70 million pounds worth of savings over 3 years.

nice to see some of the over crowded middle management going, council is full of micro management gone mad and it drives me mad

[Edited on 08-03-2011 by Steve]

I'm lucky I live in an area covered by the Wokingham District Council which has a very low proportion of benefit scrounging scumbags so any cuts will not affect me so badly.
ed

8th Mar 11 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's already diluted with bio-fuel, just at a fairly low percentage. Bio-fuels are pretty expensive still, but when the price of mineral fuel gets to a certain point you might see more bio and synthetic stuff used?
Steve
Premium Member

8th Mar 11 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about this artificial petrol
Fro

8th Mar 11 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ghetto fillups ftw

pow
Premium Member

8th Mar 11 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have about 15 litres in the Corsa I need to evacuate into the MX5's tank actually
3CorsaMeal

8th Mar 11 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

price of weed is going up too, used to be £130 an oz now people are charging £160 minimum, sometimes £190, i've heard of people paying £240 and still selling to make £280

£10 a gram

madness
whitter45

8th Mar 11 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuel will always increase in cost due number of reasons

The cost of producing the fuel has gone up as utility costs increaase

inflation pays a big part and also bristish economy as it has no trading goods really therefore income is mostly tax driven

The norm has been around £1.30 for a while, and will likely to be £1.40 etc

the fact is regardless of more fuel efficient cars the consumption of fule is increasing - more cars on the raod and people do more miles as they travel further to work and people have money to visit places etc and will use the car. So as consumption increases so will the price

Cars will always become more efficient but that has the opposite effect - the more efficient a car is the more likely people will use it more

Example - my car does around 55mpg and i would not use it half as much if I got 30mpg - so its the mentality of having a more effcient car meaning people us it more

End of the day protests or whatever they do, the cost will not come down
Ojc

8th Mar 11 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blame America
whitter45

8th Mar 11 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Blame America

to be fair America have experienced the same thing

Ok the fuel is much cheaper but they have experienced massive increase in fuel prices compard to years gone by

Nocticed this alot on Route66 last year
Fro

8th Mar 11 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I have about 15 litres in the Corsa I need to evacuate into the MX5's tank actually

Dad takes it out of the scrappers he gets and stores it for me/him/sister. Also buys the barrels full of juice from the End of life places. usually around £15/20 for 25 litres.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Mar 11 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noone can argue about the cost of the curde oil that is the same where ever. However we can question why us as brits pay so much for it at the pump compared to other countries that buy the same crude oil at the same prices.

Also, why when we pay such high amounts in tax for it, are our roads in such shocking states
whitter45

8th Mar 11 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
noone can argue about the cost of the curde oil that is the same where ever. However we can question why us as brits pay so much for it at the pump compared to other countries that buy the same crude oil at the same prices.

Also, why when we pay such high amounts in tax for it, are our roads in such shocking states

because the tax revenune for oil does not go into the transport system

thats what road tax is for
DaveyLC

8th Mar 11 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
quote:
Originally posted by pow

Dad takes it out of the scrappers he gets and stores it for me/him/sister. Also buys the barrels full of juice from the End of life places. usually around £15/20 for 25 litres.

We do the same, but we run the trucks on it (they are Petrol LPG).
Neo

8th Mar 11 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:

because the tax revenune for oil does not go into the transport system

thats what road tax is for

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Road Tax doesn't pay for road maintenance, thats council tax steve. Road tax goes to the Exchequer, same place as income tax and fuel duty.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Mar 11 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair points, however still doesnt answer the question why we pay so much for it over other countries
Neo

8th Mar 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Essentially because our economy is fubared, they will take every penny they can. Fuel duty goes straight in their pocket, essentially like a drip in the ocean of our current economic issues. Lower the fuel duty and they'd kick us elsewhere. Fuel is a necessity, electricals (i.e. TV's) are luxuries. We'll always find a way to buy fuel to get to work, however wouldn't spend out on luxuries if they increased in value.
whitter45

8th Mar 11 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
fair points, however still doesnt answer the question why we pay so much for it over other countries

because we have little trade to export and make money

therefore the governments revenue is on tax i.e petrol, fags, alcohol, road tax, PAYE tax etc etc

All our raw material trade has been swallowed up by the EU. they can supply and export materials such as steeel at much lower rates than the UK

Basically the government operate by taxing the working, middle and upper class while benefit seekers get off scot free

I.e take the NHS. A heroin (sp) addict who does not work or contribute can get morphine free issue on the NHS whereas an Asthma suffer has to pay £7.20 for a inhaler to keep them alive

The whole lot is bollocks
DaveyLC

8th Mar 11 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not entirely true, any chronic problem that requires a perscription is supposed to be free. e.g. insulin or throxine is free.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Petrol Price increase? 22 database queries in 0.0212829 seconds