corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I dont get it

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I dont get it
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
7th Apr 11 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Why not spend £650million on improving the education system in this country? I'm sure it needs it somewhere.

Stop trying to solve the worlds problems when we have massive ones here.

Im fully supportive of putting more money into our education - and we could easily do this.

But why not look at it another way - why dont we get the £200 billion that is owed to this country from the last year by the likes of vodaphone and Bp and spend that on education. Why not make footballers and other millionaires pay the 50% tax rate rather than the 2-3% mnost of them pay.

£650 million is nothing - we can afford it - if it helps reduce the threat of religion them im all for it- we can afford to do it if we stopped millionaires robbing from our tax pot

[Edited on 07-04-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Fro

7th Apr 11 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Technically we cant afford shit.
Dr Pepper

7th Apr 11 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Technically we cant afford shit.

We really can - we have been far worse off than this before - without having to ripp the schools and nhs to shit
Fro

7th Apr 11 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We owe over £900 billion and rising so where is it all coming from?

Dishing out £4bn when we owe £900 isnt my idea of being able to afford something.
Jambo

7th Apr 11 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im afraid to say it, but Dr Pepper is right,

Since economies went global post industrial revoloution etc. It is now essentially 1 economy the world economy. If elements of this economy falter, we will feel the effects and so will everyone else. The whole point of Europe/UN is to make 1 big union where nobody is imperialist and less chance of power struggles so economies are stable and theres less chance of war.

With Pakistan/Afganistan a lot of the extremists (typically thew ones who blow themselves up) i.e infantry pawns. Where from poor backgrounds where the only education they recieved was mum and dad and their priest/imam telling them the words of the Quran. So if you imagine someone who has zero knowledge of the world, history, people etc. Believes 100% in the radical interpritation of a religeous text then you basicaly have your ideal "Student" (Which is the translation for Taliban) to mould into an extremist soldier.

Education is something we take for granted, if you teach the kids in the caves then you dont have extremists, the economy will eventually blossom and their country will be able to hewlp itself.

We are all in it together, this is a point many dont seem to fathom. Like it or not.
Dr Pepper

7th Apr 11 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Dishing out £4bn when we owe £900 isnt my idea of being able to afford something.

We are not dishing it out- seriously is it that hard to understand.

Its an IMF loan that we pay into - we get this money back - plus plenty more - we do very well out of the IMF...It the smaller countries, like portugal that get screwed.

The IMF is in big countries favour - thats why so many anti capitalists protest against it. We give out loans all the time to protect the global economy that we rely on so heavily ..we are a country now based on finance - we cant afford the reprocussions of not giving this money to the imf.

If you set up your country like we have, and get heavily involved in finance - like we have, then these kind of bail outs are absolutely neccesary and are something we plan for.

Root

7th Apr 11 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

lots of countries are in debt, it's seen as the norm, although it obviously shouldn't be. I thought Cameron was making all these cuts to get us out our debt..but you can't give with one hand and take with another. He should make his fucking mind up

[Edited on 07-04-2011 by Root]
Ojc

7th Apr 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the solution and it's a lot cheaper than paying for their education.

Jambo

7th Apr 11 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dr Pepper

7th Apr 11 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
quote:

lots of countries are in debt, it's seen as the norm, although it obviously shouldn't be. I thought Cameron was making all these cuts to get us out our debt..but you can't give with one hand and take with another. He should make his fucking mind up

[Edited on 07-04-2011 by Root]

Jesus christ - we are not helping Portugal out of debt - we are stopping them from going bust so they can continue to service their debt.

There is a political crisis in Portugal - there government had a recovery package planned - like we had...the parliament blocked the package. This gave them no option but to ask for a loan to give them time to hold elections so a party can get a majority and pass the recovery package - they will then pay us this money back through the Imf and we will also get make a big profit by getting interest and better trade packages.

The result of this will be that in 20 years we will be better off and portugal will be worse off

If we dont give them the 4billion we will be worse off and they will be bust and it could be disasterous for the global market

Fro

7th Apr 11 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:

Its an IMF loan that we pay into - we get this money back - plus plenty more - we do very well out of the IMF...It the smaller countries, like portugal that get screwed.

The IMF is in big countries favour - thats why so many anti capitalists protest against it. We give out loans all the time to protect the global economy that we rely on so heavily ..we are a country now based on finance - we cant afford the reprocussions of not giving this money to the imf.

If you set up your country like we have, and get heavily involved in finance - like we have, then these kind of bail outs are absolutely neccesary and are something we plan for.

I understand that.

But the money we are loaning to them we are having to borrow ourselves, so will be paying interest on it that's all im saying.
Hammer

7th Apr 11 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doccccccccccccccccccccccccctor Pepper so misssssssssssssssssinformed.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Apr 11 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FPMSL at ojc pics
Dr Pepper

7th Apr 11 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:

I understand that.

But the money we are loaning to them we are having to borrow ourselves, so will be paying interest on it that's all im saying.

Thats kind of true - but we have a large amount of money put aside for this kind of problem - we are not neccessarily borrowing extra money - we are just moving money from our account to the IMF for a little while.

Fact remains we will get this money back, plus a profit whiule keeping confidence in the global market and the Euro zone. We have no choice - the tories lead us down this path of getting rid of industry and making us a finance based economy 1n the 1970.s and 80's- this relys on debt, boom and bust, minimul tax and regulation for banks and getting immigration accross countries - every other political party has had to continue down the this path as we can not do anything else easily now.

It wont be the last bail out we are forced into - and we will have to do it every single time.

stuartmitchell

7th Apr 11 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Norway have the right idea!
N3CRO

7th Apr 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I read in the Daily Mail we give Libya 5 billion a year just to buy sandles and Burkhas.

WTF were they made of, gold!?
Root

7th Apr 11 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
quote:
I read in the Daily Mail we give Libya 5 billion a year just to buy sandles and Burkhas.

I think he was taking the piss
ed

7th Apr 11 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

This smiley was invented for situations like this.

Jambo

7th Apr 11 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3CorsaMeal

7th Apr 11 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm deffo burning a koran tonight to vent my anger about this
Hammer

7th Apr 11 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£5 BILLION A YEAR TO BUY GOLDEN SANDLES FOR DURKA DURKA'S AND THE NHS IS ON IT'S KNEES.

WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY COMING TO.
Nath

7th Apr 11 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of Daily Mail shit going on in here.
Nath

7th Apr 11 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
£5 BILLION A YEAR TO BUY GOLDEN SANDLES FOR DURKA DURKA'S AND THE NHS IS ON IT'S KNEES.

WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY COMING TO.

da immigrants need to b sent home m8, dey r ruinin dis cuntry.
N3CRO

7th Apr 11 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
quote:

This smiley was invented for situations like this.

Fair enuff, my bad but lets face it, wouldn't be surprised if that did happen, our country is stupid after all.

[Edited on 07-04-2011 by TheNobleOne]
Hammer

7th Apr 11 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our country is certainly stupid enuff, agreed.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I dont get it 22 database queries in 0.0130811 seconds