corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » mortgage...?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mortgage...?
sc0ott

User status: Offline
6th May 11 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont have to be an expert to tell someone who has kids and a part time job they would be refused a mortgage, lol.
Brett
Premium Member

6th May 11 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't referring to the OP necessarily, lol.
Jed D

6th May 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry, probs should of put this in house zone

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
Do you get paid a lot or something ? How do you pay bills and rent on 16 hours a week?

Im going to stab a guess at benefits

yeah, i get some help towards rent and council tax atm.
i did have a full-time job in a accident repair centre 42hours a week, but at £4.80 an hour i was stupid to even work (its illegal!), after few weeks on job seekers i got this job at 16hours contracted, theres overtime available (some who do it get around 30-35 hours) but i chose not to do it as its at the same wage and i dont earn enough to get taxed on 16, yet 17 i would. obviously i could get more contracted eventually but not worth taking them at the moment as i'd be worse off. the systems all wrong

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Got to be a terrible area at that price

not far from were i am now. not as good of a postcode but in the nicer part of west cornforth, durham.

ITS GONE NOW THOUGH!! just checked

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
quote:
Originally posted by john-d
Clearly you lot havent seen some of durham. Its very posible

a lot of Durham is lovely, some very affluent areas.....but Ferryhill is a dive

not far from there actually but quite nice
Jed D

6th May 11 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah ha

found it

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/13399485?search_identifier=18bfea03b3b7ae78229b95fa42956f18

not amazing but it'd be enough to call home for me
shame its gone
dannymccann

6th May 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may underestimate just how expensive owning a house is compared to renting, yea you have the mortgage a month but when shit hits the fan you have to sort it out.

Not sure why I bother to reply though, aren't you a troll?
Jed D

6th May 11 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
You may underestimate just how expensive owning a house is compared to renting, yea you have the mortgage a month but when shit hits the fan you have to sort it out.

Not sure why I bother to reply though, aren't you a troll?

can see what you mean but payments would be less than rent pcm, also leaving some £££ aside for decorating/gen house fixing

and im not cool enough to say it but yea im a "troll" apparently

[Edited on 06-05-2011 by JedDy]
Ben G

6th May 11 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JedDy

yeah, i get some help towards rent and council tax atm.
i did have a full-time job in a accident repair centre 42hours a week, but at £4.80 an hour i was stupid to even work (its illegal!), after few weeks on job seekers i got this job at 16hours contracted, theres overtime available (some who do it get around 30-35 hours) but i chose not to do it as its at the same wage and i dont earn enough to get taxed on 16, yet 17 i would. obviously i could get more contracted eventually but not worth taking them at the moment as i'd be worse off. the systems all wrong

i'm not stupid mate. you can work up to 16 hours a week and still receive benefits, which is why you aren't working any more hours i reckon.
richc

6th May 11 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I expect big things from this thread. If ypu were serious you would work as many as possible! Seriously from what you have said you dont have a clue on the real world.
Jed D

6th May 11 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im contracted 16, wich means after xmas i will only get 16 for few month as they overspend on wages just before, cant rely on that to risk losing help with housing benefit. i dont get all my rent paid. i have to put quite a chunk towards it, same with council tax

if i got my own place id fight to get at least 30 contracted or find another job

whats with all the beef

Dave

6th May 11 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boo fuckin hoo. Like most people I have to pay 100% of my rent/ council tax and the rest. I get £17 pw child benefit and £10 pw tax credit. Both me and the Mrs work every hour we can. She's working 7am-10pm Sat/Sun this weekend, I worked all Easter and bank holiday Monday. It really makes it worthwhile knowing my tax is pretty much going straight to the likes of you.
Chris x

6th May 11 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome to England.
Jed D

6th May 11 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
Boo fuckin hoo. Like most people I have to pay 100% of my rent/ council tax and the rest. I get £17 pw child benefit and £10 pw tax credit. Both me and the Mrs work every hour we can. She's working 7am-10pm Sat/Sun this weekend, I worked all Easter and bank holiday Monday. It really makes it worthwhile knowing my tax is pretty much going straight to the likes of you.

question -

would you rather work 42 sometimes 45 hours per week at £4.80 per hour and pay 400pcm rent, full council tax and all the usual, doing hard graft...

or

work 16 hours per week on £6.30, get SOME help with your rent and council tax but still contribute to it and not get taxed on your wages at all

do you really fucking think i had a option!

and bringing children into it, HA, every parent is entitled to child benefit and in some cases child tax credits providing your not earning 100k a year (or more)

you've chose to work that. and its not my fault im were i am, better than being on the dole i suppose
wish i could afford a audi s3

Jed D

6th May 11 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris x
Welcome to England.

exactly!
emicen

6th May 11 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris x
Welcome to England.

Indeed. A once great nation now populated with sponges, who not only feel no shame in being a grown adult dependant on others' handouts, they get upity about their "right" to do it and try and mock those who graft hard as taking the wrong path.

I know people who turn in 40-50hr weeks to pay their own way and wouldn't even consider this option. They have dignity.

Far as I'm concerned this sponging underclass shouldn't be allowed to make eye contact with us in the street, should speak only when spoken too and even then end every sentence with "oh bountiful provider" and if I'm walking along and about to step in a puddle they best get belly down and make me a footbridge.

This party political broadcast was brought to you by the emicen party. Sensible policies for a brighter Britain.
Carl

6th May 11 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didn't make the system up give the kid a break. What his he meant to do start doing 34 hours just because of corsasport's morale code.
I'm all for linching scroungers but come on, the kid actually seems like he has a bit of a clue and isn't a complete scumbag.
Ben D

6th May 11 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

question -

would you rather work 42 sometimes 45 hours per week at £4.80 per hour and pay 400pcm rent, full council tax and all the usual, doing hard graft...

or

work 16 hours per week on £6.30, get SOME help with your rent and council tax but still contribute to it and not get taxed on your wages at all

and bringing children into it, HA, every parent is entitled to child benefit and in some cases child tax credits providing your not earning 100k a year (or more)

you've chose to work that. and its not my fault im were i am, better than being on the dole i suppose

Who's fault is it?

[Edited on 06-05-2011 by Ben D]
Dave

6th May 11 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You could if you could be bothered to get a full time job.

Despite what the Daily Mail say, nobody is better off on benefits, it just suits their lifestyle to either not work at all or, in this case, work as little as possible to get maximum handouts.
Lynny

6th May 11 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

60 hours I'm working this week was rota'd on 45, begged and borrowed the other shifts to ensure my bills are paid. I'd probably be better off on benefits, but couldn't live with myself personally. I live alone, in a decent house, run a nice car, have my horses but sacrifice other areas such as a social life. Personally I struggle financially and couldn't see how anyone could afford a house on 16 hours, especially when the electric, water etc will be a damn sight higher than mine. If you want to buy a house, then why go 5 bedroom? Do you really need 5? It's just more to heat, clean etc. Would make sense to get a 2-3bed in same area for cheaper and have less stress with the monthly bills....just my opinion
Dave

6th May 11 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
60 hours I'm working this week was rota'd on 45, begged and borrowed the other shifts to ensure my bills are paid. I'd probably be better off on benefits, but couldn't live with myself personally. I live alone, in a decent house, run a nice car, have my horses but sacrifice other areas such as a social life. Personally I struggle financially and couldn't see how anyone could afford a house on 16 hours, especially when the electric, water etc will be a damn sight higher than mine. If you want to buy a house, then why go 5 bedroom? Do you really need 5? It's just more to heat, clean etc. Would make sense to get a 2-3bed in same area for cheaper and have less stress with the monthly bills....just my opinion

More people with an attitude like this and less plebs like the OP would make the country a better place. Not just from a financial point of view either.
Corsa_Sport21

6th May 11 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who's to say the OP hasn't already payed a shit load of tax and stuff in previous work??

Yeah its not fair on us who work our asses off but ive been in my job for nigh on 11yrs and if i were to become jobless or the likes,too fukin right i would milk the system for a while.

In his situation,95% of the population would do the same.
Lawrah
Premium Member

7th May 11 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

question -

or

Im very sorry. But what you have just said BOILS MY FUCKING BLOOD.
Ojc

7th May 11 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This bloke is the biggest cock of the last 5 years to have come on here.

Fuck off you sponging cunt, "do you really think I had an option?"

Well yes you did, like the rest of us when we left school at 16. You go out and work or you sit at home wallowing in your own self pity and blame everyone else for your shortcomings.

You and your class of people are the exact reason this country is in a mess, you feel like you are owed something just because you haven't got an Audi S3.

Everyone has a choice in this country, you might have been unfortunate kid I don't know but for me that would inspire me more to better myself and drag myself out of a mess. Most aren't motivated enough, i.e. you.
Conway563

7th May 11 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted JedDy

Of course you had a fucking option. I'm struggling with money a bit at the moment so I'm getting a second and looking at possibly a third job
Why the fuck should I rely on other people to support my kids? I'd rather work my arse off for them than them look at me as some worthless feck who can't be arsed because its easier. If you can't support kids use a fucking johnny
Lynny

7th May 11 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
This bloke is the biggest cock of the last 5 years to have come on here.

Fuck off you sponging cunt, "do you really think I had an option?"

Well yes you did, like the rest of us when we left school at 16. You go out and work or you sit at home wallowing in your own self pity and blame everyone else for your shortcomings.

You and your class of people are the exact reason this country is in a mess, you feel like you are owed something just because you haven't got an Audi S3.

Everyone has a choice in this country, you might have been unfortunate kid I don't know but for me that would inspire me more to better myself and drag myself out of a mess. Most aren't motivated enough, i.e. you.

will you marry me?
Ojc

7th May 11 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » mortgage...? 22 database queries in 0.1231031 seconds