corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vectra Vxr

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vectra Vxr
John

User status: Offline
10th May 11 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a 1.9cdti 150 SRi estate instead Jambo
sand-eel

10th May 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally agree with clarkson, that vectras are just a coffee break designed car. All the VXR is...is a boring car with a big engine!
Ojc

10th May 11 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you a complete spastic or something? Read Evos review not what a lazy journalist like Clarkson who just wants discounts on shitty American Fords has to say about it.
BarnshaW

10th May 11 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

touched an ex VXR owners nerve thre sand-eel
sand-eel

10th May 11 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A spastic
The bit where I said "I personally agree" means "in my opinion" which means I already made my mind up about them, then JC came along and I agreed with him....you spastic!
Ojc

10th May 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm fuming here I will fight anyone.
Warren G

10th May 11 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would you REALLY want a car like that

get a 1.9cdti, once mapped more then enough grunt,

or even a signum 3.0 v6 cdti
sand-eel

10th May 11 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could get an M3 for that.
Ojc

10th May 11 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.9 CDTi Astra with Warren map, awesome.
Warren G

10th May 11 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id have anyother one of them tomorrow, but with a fmic and decats and a map to suit, then go chasing vectra vxr's
Jambo

10th May 11 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diesel will be pov spec and probably expensive due to being a car everyone wants. Even if it's mapped it will still sound like a tractor and not rev. Thus I may just as well get a dci Clio.

I do appx 4k a year ATM so fuel isn't an issue
Warren G

10th May 11 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NOT True

there more expensive but save you ALOT of money in the long run, and hold there value - a vectra petrol will loss so much more per a mile...

Mine was only ABIT noisey on idle, driving was quite and refined and does rev and shift....

would sit on the back of a astra vxr no problems
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGw0YogaIKM
sand-eel

10th May 11 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fairly quick, I've been in a 1.9 sri and thought it was decent, is the video one mapped I take it?
jr

10th May 11 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
NOT True

there more expensive but save you ALOT of money in the long run,

"At first glance that would seem enough to swing the result inexorably in favour of the diesel, but we must consider other costs. Diesel cars are typically more expensive at first purchase than their petrol counterparts: in this case, the TDI costs £15,000, £970 more than the petrol.

The cost of insurance also favours the petrol car, which sits in group 13 (of 50) compared to 15 for the diesel. A 30-year-old man with a five-year no-claims bonus would save £43 per year driving the TSI. The petrol car is more expensive to tax, however, costing £95 to the diesel’s £20.

Extrapolating our figures over 12,000 miles (the average annual mileage), the diesel car would cost £575 less to run. Given the initial cost disparity, 20 months would pass before the TDI began saving its owner any money.

Over 36 months, the total saving equates to less than £5 per week."

Graham88

10th May 11 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Diesel will be pov spec and probably expensive due to being a car everyone wants. Even if it's mapped it will still sound like a tractor and not rev. Thus I may just as well get a dci Clio.

I do appx 4k a year ATM so fuel isn't an issue

A man who shares my views on mapped Diesels. Might be just as quick, but not as fun to drive with regards to revs, sounds like shit and is smokey. Give me petrol turbo anyday
Warren G

10th May 11 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your not seeing the big picture

i can do 650-700miles to a tank, can sit along side tuned petrol cars with over 200bhp

not as fun to drive no, mine just sounded of boost tbf,

the point is why have a car that does 20mpg just to do 4k a year, get a shitty car and get a proper toy

I saved so much money running a derv, but still chave other petrol cars and bikes to have 'fun'
BarnshaW

10th May 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the thing is the same money you chuck at tuning the derv you could chuck at tuning the petrol and realistically its not going to be faster then most comparible tuned petrol turbo equivalents?
Jambo

10th May 11 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only do 4k a year. If I got the diesel it would make no economic sense. Plus majority is town driving.
smcGSI16V

10th May 11 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i can do 650-700miles to a tank, can sit along side tuned petrol cars with over 200bhp

the point is why have a car that does 20mpg just to do 4k a year, get a shitty car and get a proper toy

I saved so much money running a derv, but still chave other petrol cars and bikes to have 'fun'

Graham88

10th May 11 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If he only does 4k a year cause he doesn't drive much for pleasure, what's the point in having a Diesel? Will lose money if anything...
Fad

10th May 11 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
NOT True

"At first glance that would seem enough to swing the result inexorably in favour of the diesel, but we must consider other costs. Diesel cars are typically more expensive at first purchase than their petrol counterparts: in this case, the TDI costs £15,000, £970 more than the petrol.

The cost of insurance also favours the petrol car, which sits in group 13 (of 50) compared to 15 for the diesel. A 30-year-old man with a five-year no-claims bonus would save £43 per year driving the TSI. The petrol car is more expensive to tax, however, costing £95 to the diesel’s £20.

Extrapolating our figures over 12,000 miles (the average annual mileage), the diesel car would cost £575 less to run. Given the initial cost disparity, 20 months would pass before the TDI began saving its owner any money.

So this takes into account paying £970 more to have a car worth nearly 20-30% more in 3 years time? Plus the fact its cheaper to tax and run?

John

10th May 11 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, that wouldn't make for good reading for people who can't work it out themselves.
Fad

10th May 11 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:

If he only does 4k a year cause he doesn't drive much for pleasure, what's the point in having a Diesel? Will lose money if anything...

This is the crux of the argument. He is deffo better off with the petrol in this case and with the fact he probably does a lot of town miles the petrol will be less likely to go wrong.
recarouk

10th May 11 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bargains tbh

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2009-09-Vauxhall-Vectra-2-8T-VXR-9999-/220782046107?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3367a2ab9b

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201107380129798/sort/priceasc/usedcars/fuel-type/petrol/engine-size-cars/2-6l_to_2-9l/model/vectra/make/vauxhall/postcode/bd129ha/keywords/vxr/page/3/radius/1501?logcode=p

oh and no idea if this floats your boat, but its the same car, same engine, same chassis, just different badge

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201118386446955/sort/priceasc/usedcars/fuel-type/petrol/maximum-mileage/up_to_20000_miles/engine-size-cars/2-6l_to_2-9l/make/saab/page/1/radius/1501/postcode/bd129ha?logcode=p

jr

10th May 11 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The running costs are taken into account, and the tax, hence everything considered at today's fuel prices it takes 20months to start gaining an advantage in cost

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
NOT True

So this takes into account paying £970 more to have a car worth nearly 20-30% more in 3 years time? Plus the fact its cheaper to tax and run?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vectra Vxr 22 database queries in 0.0524330 seconds