corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 0-20mph Acceleration Video

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 0-20mph Acceleration Video
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 11 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a load of internet
xa0s
Banned

22nd Jul 11 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead

Before setting off...

3CorsaMeal

22nd Jul 11 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who is the 12yr old lad on the bike?
xa0s
Banned

22nd Jul 11 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
who is the 12yr old lad on the bike?

me
sc0ott

22nd Jul 11 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read the storey on the previous page and for a minute i felt like i was reading a column from the sun.
Just seems to be over exaggerated in a way that everything which could have affected your life and licence just seemed to happen on your way home yet you got home safely.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jul 11 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its verging on jimmy bennett tbh
Hammer

22nd Jul 11 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My hero.
Lawrah
Premium Member

22nd Jul 11 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im pretty sure its an offense to do that. Twat.
3CorsaMeal

22nd Jul 11 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think i've got over you now Lawrah
Lawrah
Premium Member

22nd Jul 11 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jul 11 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent
sc0ott

22nd Jul 11 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you implying shes fat
Russ

22nd Jul 11 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eye eye, looks like internet
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jul 11 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fpmsl
Russ

22nd Jul 11 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
Me and my mate went halves on a 05 R5, and fortunately the guy lived 30 miles from my house.

It's an out and out track bike, with no road kit what-so-ever. Absolutely nothing. No lights, no indicators, no mirrors, no numberplate -- nothing. Oh, and it's on semi-slicks.

We were originally going to collect it in a van, but that fell through but the previous owner of the bike agreed to deliver it on a trailer. Sorted.

However, that fell through too (his car broke down). We were stuck, and really didn't want to pay £150 for it to be collected.

I said I'd ride it. Bare in mind it has no MOT or tax, and I'm not insured. The bike isn't even registered as on the road yet.

It also has a very short steering lock -- the turn on it is literally 2cm either way.

We set off and the sat nav fucked up (I was following my mate in front), so I continued following him around tons of little roads (not fun with that steering lock). After a few (scary) minutes, we reached the motorway. Instantly I felt comfortable. I know the R6 would out run Police T5's as I had had previous encounters with them before. I had a little play and the lightened front end made it lift effortlessly compared to a road R6. I guess the headlights, clocks and standard fairings really make a big different. I thought it'd be rude not to knock it into 3rd whilst on one-wheel, so I did, and then got carried away and went through the entire box.

It was all shits-and-giggles until I saw a Police car, but fortunately it was only a Skoda so I had a little play with him too. I hand-signalled over onto the hard shoulder and slowed down to 20mph before lifting the front again and repeating the current event. I couldn't see him after I landed.

I love the bike -- it really is a much better bike than a carb'd R6. The gearbox has been fixed and it's incredibly hard to find neutral (which is perfect). It pulls like a train and the induction kit roars like a fookin' dinosaur. I felt invincible. 8)

It was all going perfect until it randomly chucked it down. I got soaked within seconds and I got very worried about riding on semi-slicks as I still had 5 miles to my house once I left the motorway. I cained it from then on hoping to beat the rain but it was still very heavy when I left the motorway. On the very first corner I knew I was going to have trouble, as the front end randomly started sliding but thankfully a quick stamp of the Alpinestars boots managed to keep it up right.

I got up to a roundabout and carefully went round it and took the last exit just as a Police car was coming round the other way. Instantly the lights come on and he took the roundabout a lot quicker than I could. I opened it up in 1st and it span up effortlessly. Into 2nd and it continued spinning (throughout the entire rev range). Same with 3rd. I thought I was going to be fine in 4th, but no -- it continued to spin the entire way through 4th too, but thankfully 5th was OK.

The pig was long gone by now, and I only had 3 roundabouts left until I was home. I took them all very carefully, and even then the rear was extremely tail happy. I think I was loosing traction more than actually having traction after I left the motorway. :?

Next we came up to a speed camera. I felt obliged to set it off due to no number plate, so tried clutching it up in 2nd but it just span, so I kept the throttle planted, leant over the tank, and went through the camera at 80mph... SIDEWAYS. :mrgreen:

Pretty boring after that. Carefully rode it down my back roads and took it up my garden path and into the back garden.

Patted her on the fanny and said AWOOGA

fixed story
CorsaSi

22nd Jul 11 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

internet hero's
bullock106xsi

22nd Jul 11 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never read so much bullshit in my life lol
Ojc

22nd Jul 11 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a monumental cock
Nath

22nd Jul 11 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rich H

22nd Jul 11 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and to think I was apparently the one who 'could' have been lieing about running a legitimate business and 'could' just be a weekend warrior.

Jesus, I don't have an imagination anything like yours.
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Jul 11 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found it funny.
3CorsaMeal

22nd Jul 11 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Internet is deffo best on a friday imo
SXi_Tim

22nd Jul 11 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL at the fat bloke getting drenched. I have to admit i am guilty of doing this occasionally
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jul 11 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post a picture of you Luke
MarkSport

22nd Jul 11 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats brilliant

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 0-20mph Acceleration Video 22 database queries in 0.0164049 seconds