corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How to wash your car without scratching the paint

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to wash your car without scratching the paint
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Jul 11 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gardenspoon
quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
im not even going to bother watching the video because you are a dick

That comment says more about yourself than it does me - take a look at your profile picture.

the comment says that you are a dick, it doesn't say anything about me

whats wrong with my profile picture?
Ben J

27th Jul 11 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
I do 80 miles a day. 70 of which are motorway and 10 backroads. I think this does more damage to my cars paintwork than using the queens fanny pad to wash it.
The day i start detailing my car would be when i have one which gets used on sunny weekends.

I think the Queen is past using "fanny pads" tbh.
SetH

27th Jul 11 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You missed the Grit Guard in the 2nd bucket.

FAIL
Rich H

27th Jul 11 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can guarantee your car will have swirls on it

Sponges and chamois leathers will still cause it, even if you do use the 2 bucket method. I don't really need to add to this as Murray as explained it better.

Oh and Ford will wash cars after a service - just depends on the dealer.
Ingham
Banned

28th Jul 11 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To sum this thread up:

Pros: You are a dick

Cons: Sponges and chamois leathers are fucking shit.
gardenspoon

28th Jul 11 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think this thread has run its course.

Thanks to all of you that can have a conversation without acting like teenagers. I shall keep the video but change the title slightly.

For those of you that can't have a debate without acting like an ignorant dick; good luck with moving out of your parents'.
Eck
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 00:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With or without the insults, why would you make this thread in the first place? The fact that the information you're giving out is completely wrong makes it laughable
gardenspoon

28th Jul 11 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
With or without the insults, why would you make this thread in the first place? The fact that the information you're giving out is completely wrong makes it laughable

It's not completely wrong though is it?

I made this thread because I was trying to be helpful, there will be plenty of people here that have never used two buckets.

Anyway, it was fruitless.
Eck
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 01:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, it is completely wrong. The title contradicts the information in the thread. You're correct though, lots of people won't use the two bucket method... But then you are not quite up to date yourself with the equipment you use. Not to piss on your strawberries, but anything that isn't 100% correct will be eaten alive on here
gardenspoon

28th Jul 11 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Not to piss on your strawberries, but anything that isn't 100% correct will be eaten alive on here

I wonder what you'd think of this guy then?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaliWjVKwnA&feature=related
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 01:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you didnt answer my question
Eck
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 01:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cba to watch but I guess he does it wrong too? He'd get the same treatment on here. What part of "You're wrong" can't you comprehend? Murray's brother and Rich H are highly reputable Detailers, and there is an entire forum of them who go on and on about not using a sponge, or a chamois. Do you have a sun gun? Can you see EXACTLY what damage is done to your car?
gardenspoon

28th Jul 11 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Cba to watch but I guess he does it wrong too? He'd get the same treatment on here. What part of "You're wrong" can't you comprehend? Murray's brother and Rich H are highly reputable Detailers, and there is an entire forum of them who go on and on about not using a sponge, or a chamois. Do you have a sun gun? Can you see EXACTLY what damage is done to your car?

I understand the statement; I just disagree. No I don't have a sun gun, do you or anybody else have one? What I know is that I can look at the paint on my car and see no scratches at all, and my eye-sight is perfect. But I can look at another car the same age as mine and from 10-feet away I can see the damage. That is a big difference.

When the Mondeo goes back to the dealers in a year's time they won't be complaining about the paint, but I will be buying a mitt, especially as I want a black Mini Clubman next.

Thanks.

gardenspoon

28th Jul 11 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

There's not a lot of point - you won't understand.
Eck
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 01:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

I understand the statement; I just disagree. No I don't have a sun gun, do you or anybody else have one? What I know is that I can look at the paint on my car and see no scratches at all, and my eye-sight is perfect. But I can look at another car the same age as mine and from 10-feet away I can see the damage. That is a big difference.

When the Mondeo goes back to the dealers in a year's time they won't be complaining about the paint, but I will be buying a mitt, especially as I want a black Mini Clubman next.

Thanks.

What your eyes see, and what is there aren't always the same thing unfortunately. I don't own a sun gun, but Rich H does. A person in this thread who has commented to say that you're wrong. I don't disagree that your paint may be in better condition than some cars, but it will most certainly be worse than others. Others which will be better if they don't follow your video. Remember not to use your Chamois either!

Thanks.

[Edited on 28-07-2011 by Eck]
spencer88

28th Jul 11 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like a hippy also.

Furthermore, wash mitts in Tesco- £1
Drying towel in Tesco -£3.
Not that expensive really.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 07:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who cares what a sun gun shows? do people walk around with sun guns now looking a peoples cars? as long as it looks ok to the eye and in all light situations then who cares

what next? if the paint has imperfections under a spectral microscope then you need to change how you wash it and buy £100's worth of equipment?

i like detailing and there is a case for it, but a lot of it is down to being brainwashed into thinking you need to do certain things

[Edited on 28-07-2011 by Steve]
BarnshaW

28th Jul 11 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sun gun wont work with your silver car anyway, such a bland colour to clean you cant tell if its been polished or not anyway
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 07:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

There's not a lot of point - you won't understand.

why wont i?
taylorboosh

28th Jul 11 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use 1 bucket, a sponge and a shamois
Ben J

28th Jul 11 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
who cares what a sun gun shows? do people walk around with sun guns now looking a peoples cars? as long as it looks ok to the eye and in all light situations then who cares

what next? if the paint has imperfections under a spectral microscope then you need to change how you wash it and buy £100's worth of equipment?

i like detailing and there is a case for it, but a lot of it is down to being brainwashed into thinking you need to do certain things

Partly agree even though i'm well into my detailing. Tbh I put the Audi through the local Kosovo wash sometimes (they are good guys though and careful). Something i'd have never dreamed of doing with the VXR. Seems stupid considering that the Audi is worth way more lol. But the VXR was my baby.

Think its mainly due to the Audi being silver so it hides swirls etc and it does loads of miles and needs washing every week which I can't be arsed doing myself.

Btw even our local Kosovan wash use 2 buckets, seperate wash mitts, drying towels etc.

[Edited on 28-07-2011 by Ben J]
Eck
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

If nobody cared what the sun gun showed, there wouldn't be a massive Market for detailers being paid good money to ensure someone's car is swirl free? I personally couldn't gaf as my car hasnt ever been washed in my ownership But if someone is going to be sad enough to make these videos about how chavs drive, then how to wash your car correctly, I'd hope the information is going to be correct. It is not.
Kieran
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
Silver is such a bland colour to clean you cant tell if its been polished or swirl mark free anyway
Lynny

28th Jul 11 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't wash my car.
3CorsaMeal

28th Jul 11 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gardenspoon is a drug dealer, i think you should arrest him Lynny

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How to wash your car without scratching the paint 22 database queries in 0.0148520 seconds