corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If there was £15 sat in a self service check out at Tesco what would you do?

Poll: If there was £15 sat in a self service check out at Tesco what would you do?
  Put it in your pocket and walk away.
  Hand it over to a member of staff incase they came back for it

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If there was £15 sat in a self service check out at Tesco what would you do?
Jake

User status: Offline
4th Aug 11 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
I'd more than likely pocket and walk off. I've left notes in the self service before but just written it off as a stupid mistake, i'm sure most people would do the same.

I've found car keys before when I was out with the gf's old man christmas shopping. Some guy had left his keys in the boot lock of his old merc. No one around and no details. Unlocked the car, found a letter in the glovebox with his home address on, relocked the car and drove to his house while the gf's dad stayed with the car, spoke to his wife that told me he was at work back where the car was, driven back to the car park and walked to where he worked. When we found him he basically laid into us for going through his glove box and even for driving to his house. Should have just taken the car tbh. Wasted about 90 minutes playing good samaritan just to recieve abuse. Don't see the point anymore, if I left my keys somewhere i'm sure the car would be gone before I could blink tbh.

i would have chinned him tbf
Xs

4th Aug 11 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I've delivered a phone back to someone who lost it in town, very little thanks.

Posted a driving licence after finding someone on Facebook to tell them, no thanks.

Found an E111 health card thing, left that at reception in work so the owner could collect it, no thanks.

Returned car keys that were left in the road by the car, limited thanks.

Certainly never been rewarded.

[Edited on 04-08-2011 by Ian]

Folk are cunts basically. I found a phone on a train just after I got on and 2 seconds later it rings. I asnwer it and its a girl then a guy takes the phone off her (her boyfried I presume) I told him I would hand the phone in at my destination which was glasgow central.

The guy told me "You better get off the fucking train at the next stop and wait for us to come get it"

I was in disbelief after offering to be decent that someone would act in such a way. So I had a look through her messages / photos in case of any nudity and sent a text to a random guy in the phonebook saying she wanted it in the ass etc and handed it in when I got off the train.
fazza

4th Aug 11 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs

The guy told me "You better get off the fucking train at the next stop and wait for us to come get it"

id have told him to fuck right off chap, would have kept the phone or binned it if was worthless. You try and do a favour and people are cunts.
3CorsaMeal

4th Aug 11 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i find keys or something i go and throw them somewhere were they will never be found.

people should look after their stuff, can't think of anything important i've lost before.
LeeM

4th Aug 11 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id keep the money. cousin found a £90 credit note in a self serve at B&Q once, so we went and got more stuff so we could spend it
Mr-SEH

4th Aug 11 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
quote:
Originally posted by Robo C20Let
walk away dam right lol i remember walking up to a cash point and someone had left there card in and gone (late at night no one around or cars to be seen so i helped myself to £100 lol
What a

you stole frm him or her anyway why dint you just clear them out i would of :/
Mr-SEH

4th Aug 11 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Posted a driving licence after finding someone on Facebook to tell them, no thanks.

Found an E111 health card thing, left that at reception in work so the owner could collect it, no thanks.

Folk are cunts basically. I found a phone on a train just after I got on and 2 seconds later it rings. I asnwer it and its a girl then a guy takes the phone off her (her boyfried I presume) I told him I would hand the phone in at my destination which was glasgow central.

haha i would of done the same but txted family n said my boyfriend raped me and got the mouthy lil ass a beating haha

I was in disbelief after offering to be decent that someone would act in such a way. So I had a look through her messages / photos in case of any nudity and sent a text to a random guy in the phonebook saying she wanted it in the ass etc and handed it in when I got off the train.
Gary
Premium Member

4th Aug 11 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd take the cash, no messing.

Would return anything else tho. I've lost phones before and it was shit.
Jake

4th Aug 11 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sribaby cant quote for shit
chrisritch

4th Aug 11 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Id have done the obligitary text parents to reveal gayness and flushed the fucking thing after that
brebaz

4th Aug 11 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pocket the the mohonies.

if i was thick enough to leave i would expect it to be gone when i went back for it.
Nath

4th Aug 11 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
as just being a nice person

Seems we're too nice
brebaz

4th Aug 11 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also my dad used to be a taxi driver and i used to have a new phone nearly every week
Neo

4th Aug 11 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
quote:
Originally posted by Neo

i would have chinned him tbf

I'm a lover, not a fighter Jake...Missus' old man on the other hand wanted to put him through a window Took him about 3 days to calm down
gez bay

4th Aug 11 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd take the money tbh. but other stuff like phone, wallets ect i always hand in.
sc0ott

4th Aug 11 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found £30 on a train on my way back from getting one of my tattoos done. It did however look dodgey as all 3 £10 notes were flat and were just in the middle of the chair. Unfortunately they did land in my pocket.

[Edited on 04-08-2011 by sc0ott]
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Aug 11 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As daft as it sounds I'm a big believer in Karma, when I was on holliday a few weeks ago I went to a bank and got some cash out, the girlfriend went inside and when I was done I went and waited for her outside the door. When we was walking off I heard this beeping noise, I turned around and noticed it was the cash machine I had just been to. Someone else visited it after me. At first I though someone had left the cash sticking out but when I got up to it the person had took their cash and left the card in the machine, still logged in to the account. I found the person who owned the card as he was still quite close and told him he forgot his card. I could have quite easily took a nice sum of cash out and walked away. Instead I did the right thing in my eyes.

You do good things and good things will happen to you in their own time.
nathy_87

4th Aug 11 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i found a phone I'd look for 'Home' and ring that number to tell them.
spencer88

4th Aug 11 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
As daft as it sounds I'm a big believer in Karma, when I was on holliday a few weeks ago I went to a bank and got some cash out, the girlfriend went inside and when I was done I went and waited for her outside the door. When we was walking off I heard this beeping noise, I turned around and noticed it was the cash machine I had just been to. Someone else visited it after me. At first I though someone had left the cash sticking out but when I got up to it the person had took their cash and left the card in the machine, still logged in to the account. I found the person who owned the card as he was still quite close and told him he forgot his card. I could have quite easily took a nice sum of cash out and walked away. Instead I did the right thing in my eyes.

I did some nice things 2 years ago round Christmas, helping people whos car had broke down and stuff like that.
Was short of money in the run up to Christmas.

Bought a £3 scratch card, won £100.
JonnyJ

4th Aug 11 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Phone, wallet, anything like that that you can actually trace it back to someone I would give back without a doubt. If there is some money there though you have no ideas who it is so not a lot you can do so may as well have it for yourself.

What this man said.
Daveskater
Premium Member

4th Aug 11 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've found notes in self service tills a couple of times. Also found a fiver in a pub car park recently. Too right that fiver bought me my drink when we went in. If I saw someone dropping it/leaving money in a till then by all means tell them. If it's been left there or dropped and there's no-one around, then it's mine now

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Twiggy

4th Aug 11 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB

Thats classed as stealing if you had withdrawn the moneys
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Aug 11 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously, the point is I did the honest thing. Some people would have took the cash out and walked off.
BarnshaW

4th Aug 11 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think finding money without knowing who the owner was is one thing , however going out your way to take money (such as withdrawing money out someones account) is a out of order thing to do.
R Lee

4th Aug 11 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've handed money and card in when a lil' old lady forgot them. Poor bugger

I also hang onto phones I find until they call to collect them. I used to go through phone book and call "mum or dad" so it can be returned.

I'm so nice

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If there was £15 sat in a self service check out at Tesco what would you do? 23 database queries in 0.0178599 seconds