corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1st ever breakdown

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1st ever breakdown
Adam-D

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 11 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blew a driveshaft and diff.../ gearbox
on the way to pvs. 110 mile from home.

diff was already going/gone i didnt know.

so the whole lot self destructed.

recovery took my car. gave me a hyundai....

and swapped them backa few days later.
Twiggy

22nd Aug 11 at 07:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by makincorsac
quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
I used to break down every week when i had the corsa and more recently the vectra

Best one was at the mersey tunnel!

Put the money in, barrier goes up and car dies and refuses to start!

Had to push the fucker over 4-5 lanes of traffic burning off out the toll booths! Propper scarey!

ive been there aswell everybody burns off from them booths bet that was dodgy as fuck!!!

Is not the word, people in the booths did fuck all aswell!
Twiggy

22nd Aug 11 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bank account break down is shit as only covers 10miles which is like a choc fire gard!
Fro

22nd Aug 11 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only cars that gave me trouble were the corsa and the anni, AA or dad sorted me out with those as he has trucks etc.
LeeM

22nd Aug 11 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ran out of fuel in my corsa b 5 years ago but my guage was still showing fuel in the tank.
killed a clutch on my vts and lost all drive so had to get towed home.
both of these were on the same road less than a mile from my house
Gary
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never bothered with breakdown cover.

Have plenty of mates with trailers etc so no need.

RichR
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've broke down three times iirc which isn't bad considering I do 30k+ a year.

First time, ran out of fuel 1mile from home; the needle used to stick on hot days. Easy fix and a free can of petrol out of my Dad

Second time, rotor arm sheared off the dizzy, broke down at the traffic lights in the middle of Southampton, managed to push it out of the way - waited 3hours for breakdown to turn up which would have been a shitter had I not broken down outside Dominos. Anyhow, I got fed up waiting, kept trying to turn the car over, eventually it fired into life and I drove 200miles home. To this day I don't understand how with no rotor arm on

Last time was a couple of weeks ago when my clutch gave up on the A43, 100ish miles from home
Jambo

22nd Aug 11 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Broken down twice (Corsa/Calibra) and ran out of fuel once too.

Corsa broke down at 1am on M25 by M23 turn off. Was Feb only a light jacket and no power for heat. No AA membership either. So they stung my credit card £100 odd and came and fixed the issue. The Police came and towed me under a bridge with huge concrete buttresses so we where allowed back into the car to keep warm they where very nice.

Turned out it was my new mfd causing the electrics to err stop. Removed and bam. Works fine. Didn't get in till 4:30 odd tired and cold.
Calibra broke down at home, me and my mate fixed it.

Ran out of fuel infront of trade sales in Slough. Blocking 1 lane no body helped my move car out of road. Just beeped at me. Which I don't really understand as I would never beep at someone who had broken down?!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1st ever breakdown 22 database queries in 0.0130050 seconds