corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What would you do if...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What would you do if...
mwg

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 11 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't be doing with having a kid at the moment. Nearly been caught out with that one a few years ago.
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Sep 11 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
But at the right time. It cannot be done in a hurried mess with insufficient funds

There won't be one, you'll never have sufficient funds. If you wait to be in a decent financial position, you won't have kids.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Sep 11 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aside from funds im also talking about mentally ready. Who knows i may never be mentally ready

but if i am i will make damn sure i can go someway to affording it and that im with the right person that will be tied to me for the rest of my life should i choose that i dont want to be with her at some point
mwg

2nd Sep 11 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went out with a lass that had a 6 month old son. It was fine, you adapt very quickly. Before that I would of always said it would of been a nightmare having a kid to look after.

As much as I and lots of others dont want a kid yet if you were put in the situation (perhaps like Ojc has done) you adapt quickly to it. Doesn't matter what you may or may not have said before, when it happens things change!
Tom

2nd Sep 11 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I couldn't be doing with having a kid at the moment. Nearly been caught out with that one a few years ago.

My first 'proper' girlfriend (who i'd been with for nearly 2 years at the time) had an abortion when we were about 20, it was pretty much the end of us but i'm glad we went through with it because I was nowhere near ready. I don't think I could do it again though.
mwg

2nd Sep 11 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Snap.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Sep 11 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in this day and age dont you just take a pill? i know they used to use some sort of hoover

[Edited on 02-09-2011 by Steve]
mwg

2nd Sep 11 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it all depends on how far gone they are. Best off not knowing IMO.
3CorsaMeal

2nd Sep 11 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just try to only have sex standing up, works a treat
sc0ott

2nd Sep 11 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put it this way, if the girl gets her own way youre clearly under the thumb.
Gary
Premium Member

2nd Sep 11 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
in this day and age dont you just take a pill? i know they used to use some sort of hoover

Dyson and a spoon would do the trick.
Carl

2nd Sep 11 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been together 10 years in about a month, we Live together but neither of us on good wages, both potentially on more in the future with a bit of luck/opportunity. If we were to have a kid now I think it would just mean life financially was a lot more of a struggle and also I feel like I've more to do in life, stuck in barnsley for next 40 years isn't really inspiring to be fair, which Aaron kid would almost certainly hinder. I would like kids though sooner rather than later so its a bit of a catch 22.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Sep 11 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have respect to anyone that has been together for a good while and chooses to have a child or not, regardless of what i think of either person involved as its a decision well informed and well made
A2H GO

2nd Sep 11 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If you have to stop doing stuff (to an extent) or not have stuff or do stuff that you want to, then its not right imo.

Lifes all about compromise. Sometimes you can't have everything.

Its no good saying to someone you love, 'ask me again in 5 years because I'm having a fucking great time right now'. Because the chances are in 5 years when you're ready to move on(grow up) they won't be there and you'll be regretting that decision for a long time.

But then it's hard to have an opinion until you've met that person and been put in that situation.

[Edited on 02-09-2011 by A2H GO]
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Sep 11 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant have everything, but you can maximise what you can have by not doing stuff you dont have to
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Sep 11 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And im sorry, i may be alone in this view, but if your missus is going to walk because you wont marry her then shes not worth having, you shouldnt have to compromise your own life to keep hold of her

sc0ott

2nd Sep 11 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or you can just get the snip and pretend you can jizz.
micra_pete
Premium Member

2nd Sep 11 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

19 when I got my partner pregnant.

Best thing that ever happened to me, I was a bit of a cunt at that age.

We had zero money, but we made do.

My life changed for hugely for the better.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Sep 11 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you sure it did? how did it change for the better? obviously some joys like the bringing your young one up, but apart from that? i think a lot of it you talk yourself into believeing in these situations, a bloke at work is a typical example of this

maybe it did make your life better, it obviously is for some people, not for me though

Tom

2nd Sep 11 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And im sorry, i may be alone in this view, but if your missus is going to walk because you wont marry her then shes not worth having, you shouldnt have to compromise your own life to keep hold of her

The word in bold works both ways Steve, life is not black and white.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Sep 11 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

compromise is made on things like money, or buying a better or worse car. You life shouldnt be a factor in that, and certainly not one that determines if your partner will walk
3CorsaMeal

2nd Sep 11 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think alot of people have children as they have nothing else to do with their lifes, then they hide behind their children to make them appear like they are doing something with their life.

kinda deflects attention away from their actual life imo

like when someone is out with their kid, and say to a baby, "well best its time we got you home" Its gives them an excuse

Liam

2nd Sep 11 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a mate who's got his 18yo gf pregnant, speaking to him the other day, he's hoping the baby comes out black so he can get out of there

[Edited on 02-09-2011 by Liam]
3CorsaMeal

2nd Sep 11 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to most girls, when they get pregnant they see it as a ticket to stay at home and get out of working, claiming a woman works is never done, damn right, its never started
micra_pete
Premium Member

2nd Sep 11 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

maybe it did make your life better, it obviously is for some people, not for me though

The free dss house, car, money mainly

Seriously though.

Jobs, house, cars, surroundings, I would not be doing what I do today without having to sort myself out.

I didn't want to be a 'typical' teen dad. It moved me away from a certain group of friends and surroundings.

Plus, he's 10 now and into cool stuff like racing karts, remote control cars, and roller-coasters

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What would you do if... 22 database queries in 0.3837199 seconds