corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » European Bureaucrat Idiot's

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author European Bureaucrat Idiot's
Cavey

User status: Offline
10th Sep 11 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't go to the dentist for 10 years, drank proper coke almost daily for the last 2 or 3, and my teeth were perfect
LeeM

10th Sep 11 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you must have very strong teeth. ive got weak enamel or somethin, and my teeth are weak as fuck they chip from anything hard
Nath

10th Sep 11 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
I didn't go to the dentist for 10 years, drank proper coke almost daily for the last 2 or 3, and my teeth were perfect

Doesnt mean Coke isnt bad for them though

Coke isn't as bad as crisps however.
Cavey

10th Sep 11 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is true, coke washes over, most food is worse than coke as it sticks to the teeth... QI

but a lot of the additives they put in when they remove the sugar are worse than sugar anyway
Ben G

10th Sep 11 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just drank pepsi max, havent had it for ages and it tastes the same as any other coke to me, including tesco.stuff.
Cavey

10th Sep 11 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you, my friend, have retarded taste buds
Ben G

10th Sep 11 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that may be the case
moka

10th Sep 11 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like you scots will have to drink coke now. My god iru-bru thats slightly less orange? What is the world coming to.

[Edited on 10-09-2011 by moka]
Eck
Premium Member

10th Sep 11 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
no carl, there are obviously plenty of scientists on here that think it won't harm you at all.

we all know that coke/irn bru/any other fizzy drink isn't that good for us and if they can make the drink better for you without compromising the taste then i don't see the big deal.

Exactly and the thing is we know its not the best drinking all this crap but a large percentage of the population don't. I work in deprived areas of Barnsley and i'm always seeing young kids (full families even) drinking energy drinks etc, we end up footing the bill for their healthcare in the long run.

I'm sorry, are either of you a scientist then? Did you read the article? Irn bru uses less than half the max amount and doctors have already said the amount used won't do any harm. If you don't want to drink it, then don't.
Eck
Premium Member

10th Sep 11 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
It tastes completely different; I would test it myself and film it, but that would mean having to buy shit tasting diet and no sugar stuff

This. I know when my brother would ask me if I wanted a drink, I'd know straight away if it was diet coke. And the difference between irn bru and diet irn bru is much much worse
Eck
Premium Member

10th Sep 11 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by moka
Looks like you scots will have to drink coke now. My god iru-bru thats slightly less orange? What is the world coming to.

I'll be damned if I convert from irn bru to that stuff. As in the article, this is the only country in the entire world where coke is outsold. It shows you how important it is when Alex Salmond is up in arms too. It's a part of our recent history. Would you not be pissed off if someone told you that they were going to remove the red coat soldiers from the palace? Or would you not care in the slightest?

[Edited on 10-09-2011 by Eck]
Hammer

10th Sep 11 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Folk are missing the point.

These cunts tried to ban bent bananas, they are a fucking joke. End of story.
wwwNOOBcom

10th Sep 11 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you paint a glass bottle orange you will just get cancer as well from paint lmao
Carl

10th Sep 11 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
no carl, there are obviously plenty of scientists on here that think it won't harm you at all.

we all know that coke/irn bru/any other fizzy drink isn't that good for us and if they can make the drink better for you without compromising the taste then i don't see the big deal.

Exactly and the thing is we know its not the best drinking all this crap but a large percentage of the population don't. I work in deprived areas of Barnsley and i'm always seeing young kids (full families even) drinking energy drinks etc, we end up footing the bill for their healthcare in the long run.

I'm sorry, are either of you a scientist then? Did you read the article? Irn bru uses less than half the max amount and doctors have already said the amount used won't do any harm. If you don't want to drink it, then don't.

I'm on about shite carbonated stuff in general, don't need to be a scientist to understand half of it is shi and carries no nutritional value..

[Edited on 10-09-2011 by Carl]
Ben G

10th Sep 11 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Folk are missing the point.

These cunts tried to ban bent bananas, they are a fucking joke. End of story.

what the fucking fuck?
moka

10th Sep 11 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by moka

I'll be damned if I convert from irn bru to that stuff. As in the article, this is the only country in the entire world where coke is outsold. It shows you how important it is when Alex Salmond is up in arms too. It's a part of our recent history. Would you not be pissed off if someone told you that they were going to remove the red coat soldiers from the palace? Or would you not care in the slightest?

[Edited on 10-09-2011 by Eck]

If the stuff inside Irn-Bru was genuinely bad for you, scottish people of all people as they drink it more than the world combined would surely benefit from this change the most? I cannot see a colouring changing the taste of it? I could be wrong.

Also is there not some colouring out there that is extremely close to 'sunset yellow' or whatever its called that it can be replaced with? Job done? Everyones a winner?

But then seeing the bent bananas comment and if its true these guys do seem a bit retarded?
DaveyLC

13th Sep 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Sunset Yellow is proven to be a carcinogen so whats the big deal? There are pleanty of alternative colourings.

Are you honestly trying to say that Irn Bru causes cancer? If so you're an even bigger pleb than these Eurocrats.

It's a stupid idea and baffles me that these people feel the need to meddle in stuff like this, is there honestly nothing more important for them to be dealing with? How about the fact that about 5 countries are subsidising the rest of the EU?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunset_Yellow

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-362625/Food-colour-linked-cancer.html

Or you could always listen to the multi-million-dollar companies selling you the shit because they clearly are looking out for your health and not interested in profit what so ever

Dave

13th Sep 11 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well fuck me, if the Daily Mail says it it must be true, they never run scaremongering health stories and are a bastion of reasoned thought.
Jambo

13th Sep 11 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Using Dailymail as a scource

They have said basically everything causes and cures cancer at some point
DaveyLC

13th Sep 11 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are welcome to read one of the hundreds of thousands of other pages/papers on the subject.

Anyway its your life.
Hammer

13th Sep 11 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Completely irrelevant as it's been ruled in favour of Barr already.

So keep on drinking your cancerous cans of Irn Bru lads
Jambo

13th Sep 11 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely if it's that bad for you the millions of people worldwide and the majority of the Scottish population would be unwell/dead?!
DaveyLC

13th Sep 11 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Surely if it's that bad for you the millions of people worldwide and the majority of the Scottish population would be unwell/dead?!

People used to say that about Asbestos, and Ciggarettes.
mwg

13th Sep 11 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last time I had Iron Bru I thought it was disgusting. Should try it again and see what I think now as it was a long time ago
John

13th Sep 11 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wikipedia does not say Sunset Yellow causes cancer, you should read before using as a source.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » European Bureaucrat Idiot's 22 database queries in 0.0192862 seconds