corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Classic example of other car forums

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Classic example of other car forums
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
25th Oct 11 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You think thats bad?

Me and a mate drove 2 hours with a hired trailer and wasted 80 in fuel to look at an imp last week. The car was on ebay and described as complete minus inte4ior and the engine was there but not fitted. we got the and it was missing caks, carbs, manifolds, ancilleries and loads of bolts. The car was advertised on ebay. Needless to say we didnt buy it

I noticed a day later he had called us muppets on the add and also that the car had then sold for the buy it now..

I put a warning in general chat as i know hes a member of the site and i know who ever won it is likely a member. It was polite and basicly warned before travelling that they should know the score...

First i got stick for being non preem and daring to post about a preem member... The thread was then deleted and i got a u2u warning me.

To top it off i was refuses advice by a member later for my comments about preem members putting me off joining the site preem
Steve
Premium Member

25th Oct 11 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon these people tell people they are moderators on a forum, like there family, and on cv etc when applying for jobs
mwg

25th Oct 11 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The moderator that warned me was in his 60's and as his signature proudly pointed out was on his 7th A3 All had been silver automatic SE's too. What an exciting man he was.
3CorsaMeal

25th Oct 11 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
shit still need to take some pics of my receipts and post them on popular internet forums

Do it mate, got me loads of looks. Like robbo and his white iphone
Nismo

25th Oct 11 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is how anal the S2K board is:

quote:

quote:

if it am im out im affraid, ill be drinking in bournemouth till 4-5am so no chance me being anywhere near legal to drive, have fun tho guys,

Moderator comment: Please do not use text speak here, thank you.

erm...

quote:

quote:

quote:

if it am im out im affraid, ill be drinking in bournemouth till 4-5am so no chance me being anywhere near legal to drive, have fun tho guys,

what part of that is text speak? thanks

Highlighted for you

3CorsaMeal

25th Oct 11 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corrado owners wave, think I have waved 3 times so far. Get people shout stuff like, wahey or corrado
taylorboosh

25th Oct 11 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will wave in the imp i think
Steve
Premium Member

25th Oct 11 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or or-dee
Jake

25th Oct 11 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i signed up to a vw forum and introduced myself with a bit of humerous text speak and within an hour the text talk was editted out. bunch of old school bellends
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
25th Oct 11 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dislike text talk but I wouldn't edit it, full time job.

I'm so glad CS comes out well of discussions like this
Hammer

25th Oct 11 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was a 'super moderator' on another forum with about 35k members.

The 'staff room' was full of old wankers that must have sat on the net all day discussing which threads to lock and who to give warnings to txt speak for

Catch a fucking grip of yourselves, forums are for information firstly and to have a laugh secondly.
sc0ott

25th Oct 11 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forums > family > friends
Ojc

25th Oct 11 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Can't forget good old cliosport, what a forum.

Love that one, what a bunch of turds.

Like Willay says about CorsaSport it moderates itself, doesn't need to be on people's backs all the time because other users will point out idiots in the first instance
Jake

25th Oct 11 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
This is how anal the S2K board is:

quote:

quote:

Moderator comment: Please do not use text speak here, thank you.

erm...

quote:

quote:

quote:

what part of that is text speak? thanks

Highlighted for you

jesus. a load of us should join this forum and wind them right up
Jake

25th Oct 11 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl give ollie and steve an hour on that forum
taylorboosh

25th Oct 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let us not leave 3cm out...
Ben G

26th Oct 11 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is where doyles elite trolling abilities can become a major advantage. Boy needs to be recruited.
nathy_87

26th Oct 11 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben scary thing is you're not wrong.

I'm a mod on the 107 site but I'm not a power tripper. I give verbal warnings about people going off topic but nothing worth banning for. An ex admin (guy who has done loads for the site i.e getting sponsors, arranging meets), tried to ban 1 person for going off topic but that member kept on posting, so the ex Admin deleted his account, that didn't go down well.
mwg

26th Oct 11 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Verbal warnings? Get a grip!
cavmad

26th Oct 11 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is a bit anal editing 'tho' because it's text talk, but to be honest they should be applauded for it.
It doesn't take much to let the odd word slip through before it becomes moron central and every twat and his dog are typing 'lyk' 'm8' and all that shit.

Tell what's worse than real moderators though, and that's wannabe moderators: you know the ones who arselick the admin team and spend every waking minute making snivelling comments and attempts to self modify.
DaveyLC

26th Oct 11 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
basically its just a case of anything they dont use = crap then that accompanies a made up reason as to why they have just said that imo

Magnatec is shit.. Its been proven that it doesnt hold its viscosity.. In fact all castrol oil is shit, far too much detergent.
DaveyLC

26th Oct 11 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

yeah waving at someone just because they own another mass produced car as you is weird in my book

would you wave at someone in the street because they had the same hoody as you on?

Awesome!

Owners clubs are full of strange people, you should meet the members of the two-sixties club: I went along to one meet and OMG! A couple of them are normal but the rest shouldnt be allowed to integrate with scociety!

Members of Japanese car owners-clubs seem to be a majority of strange ones too they all seem to think they drive some special car that needs special treatment even if its some old shitter.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 11 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
basically its just a case of anything they dont use = crap then that accompanies a made up reason as to why they have just said that imo

Magnatec is shit.. Its been proven that it doesnt hold its viscosity.. In fact all castrol oil is shit, far too much detergent.

wheres the proof?
Dave

26th Oct 11 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He read it on an Internet car forum.
3CorsaMeal

26th Oct 11 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What i don't like about the corrado, is any lad in a modded VW seems to wave, like i'm a part of their scene, i feel like my car is their cars dad tbh

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Classic example of other car forums 22 database queries in 0.0154929 seconds