corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone finance there cars?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone finance there cars?
A2H GO

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 11 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:
Car i am looking at is £28020 OTR fully specked up and around £400-£440 PM using BMW Select.

Large deposit? Thats a good monthly for such an expensive car.

£440 is with a 10% deposit and a 4 year deal 12k miles a year with a view to trade it in after 3 years.

Based on current 123d's I'd guess it would be worth £14-15k in 3 years....I'm also guessing your final payment will be around £12-13k leaving you with having spent £16k, no car and £1800 less in your pocket than your initial £2800 deposit in 3 years from now.

Rather you than me.

[Edited on 22-11-2011 by A2H GO]

If at the end of the agreement i want it it will be £8k otherwise if its valued at £15k i then have £7k worth of equity in the car to use as a deposit on another car.

In that case its not such a 'bad' deal...seems a bit strange though that you'd only be paying £26k including interest and everything for a £28k car (should you decide to buy it at the end). Something doesn't quite add up there.

John

22nd Nov 11 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That doesn't make sense, even the £440 is only 29k so either the 28k RRP isn't the actual cost and it's say a 25k car for 29k or something just doesn't add up, otherwise everyone would do it.
A2H GO

22nd Nov 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car- Finance.net calculator also confirms, as guessed a £12.5k final payment and thats on a car thats £2k cheaper.

http://www.car-finance.net/new-cars/view/39481

Russ

22nd Nov 11 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
do you get a car a the end of it Hammer

Hope so mate, I would be furious otherwise
mug
Russ

22nd Nov 11 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I can afford to walk in and pay for it outright. After 3 years my car will be worth £8-£10k so i have just lost £18k. I fail to see the difference?
in that case, buy a 3 year old version of the car you want
Rick Draper

22nd Nov 11 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
That doesn't make sense, even the £440 is only 29k so either the 28k RRP isn't the actual cost and it's say a 25k car for 29k or something just doesn't add up, otherwise everyone would do it.

Its based on a 4 year lease deal, trading in after 3 years, £2802 deposit, £28020 car value, £440 pm and a final payment of £9381.97 if i wanted the car at the end.
John

22nd Nov 11 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd missed the deposit out and used the 8k from above.

They figures add another 4k on so it does add up.

Looks exactly the same as normal finance except you can hand it back after 4 years.
M2RTY

22nd Nov 11 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you cant afford it, dont buy it. thats how i was brought up. I cant sleep when i owe money and never will
Graham88

22nd Nov 11 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
if you cant afford it, dont buy it. thats how i was brought up. I cant sleep when i owe money and never will

Whilst I completely see what you mean as I am kinda the same, based on that opinion you will never move out as I doubt you'd be able to buy the house outright?
Jambo

22nd Nov 11 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Hope you don't ever want to own your own home or start a business
Ben G

22nd Nov 11 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

enjoy living under the same roof as your parents for the rest of you life then
John

22nd Nov 11 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finance means you can hav stuff now instead of saving up, doesn't mean you can't afford it, just means you get it sooner. That's a different discussion than pcp vs normal finance.
Hammer

22nd Nov 11 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Hello mate, welcome to life.
M2RTY

22nd Nov 11 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:

Whilst I completely see what you mean as I am kinda the same, based on that opinion you will never move out as I doubt you'd be able to buy the house outright?

i have my own house and dont owe a mortgage on it, but that has nothing to do with it. A mortgage should see you make money based on the assumption prices rise
Tom

23rd Nov 11 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
10.5k car - 2.5k down, 8k financed over 3 years £270 a month.

That's what I done, whatever that works out at.

Who's the finance with hammer and what kind of deal is it, a loan or something else?
Hammer

23rd Nov 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
10.5k car - 2.5k down, 8k financed over 3 years £270 a month.

That's what I done, whatever that works out at.

Who's the finance with hammer and what kind of deal is it, a loan or something else?

Carlyle Finance through Arnold Clark mate. Not sure what the % rate is but it's a good deal anyway.
whitter45

23rd Nov 11 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

then you would never live

How are people going to buy a house etc - its ok if you can afford a house outright but its very few and far between

You have to accpet you will live in debt. By how much is another debate.

[Edited on 23-11-2011 by whitter45]
SetH

23rd Nov 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, am just buying cars with a value that I can afford to pay outright at the moment.

my 03 STi was on finance and when I was unexpectedly made redundant with only 2 Months pay it caused me serious issues.

Too much economic uncertainty at the moment for me to commit to any form of car finance/leasing right now. Although in the future I would consider PCP and can clearly see the benefits.

I am quite happy to drive around in an 8 year old Motor right now and not see my bank account being raped for £400 + each month in addition to running costs.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Nov 11 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

quote:
I currently have an outstanding mortgage of £70500 on which I am paying 7.2% interest

I wouldn't sleep either if I'd agreed that.
mwg

23rd Nov 11 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So does have a mortgage or not? Cos he claims above that he doesn't?
mwg

23rd Nov 11 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Hello mate, welcome to life.

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Nov 11 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea, I'm sure he'll correct me about the house the mortgage is on being in profit because he did it up. There's threads on here about it.

I just don't like this 'I've got no debt' bollocks when in fact that's what makes the world go round.

Can't speak for the guy buying the £30k BM for £30k and giving it back, not sure that's the best idea, but yeah debt is evil don't every do it mmmkay.
ed

23rd Nov 11 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If you can afford the deposit and the monthly payments then surely you can afford it
chr15barn3s

23rd Nov 11 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Scirocco is financed although over 5 years I own it at the end. Costs me £400 a month though but it worked out cheaper than a PCP with a balloon. I could sell it now and have about 4k in my pocked after paying off the remaining finance. If I had the cash I probably still would have done it this way.
A2H GO

23rd Nov 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Its based on a 4 year lease deal, trading in after 3 years, £2802 deposit, £28020 car value, £440 pm and a final payment of £9381.97 if i wanted the car at the end.

I still don't get how this works. In total that comes to £28k for a £28k car, that would make the finance 0%?

Even on a low interest rate I'd expect to be paying back around £31k in total....

If they're the figures its not a bad deal but bear in mind it works out at £777 a month.

[Edited on 23-11-2011 by A2H GO]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone finance there cars? 22 database queries in 0.0185330 seconds