corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jeremy Clarkson Does It Again

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jeremy Clarkson Does It Again
mwg

User status: Offline
1st Dec 11 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he was sacked he wouldn't be short of offers. Does he actually own Top Gear or does the BBC?
RichR
Premium Member

1st Dec 11 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure, he owns 30% of Bedder6 who have the foreign distribution rights and merchandise rights but not sure if they own TG or not
Tomnova16
Premium Member

1st Dec 11 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imagine top gear without jezza.
no way will he get sacked

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Hammer

1st Dec 11 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top Gear was there before Clarkson and would live on after him.

It's the fact that it's an entertaining car programme that it gets views not because he's a pompous cunt with no real talent.
RichR
Premium Member

1st Dec 11 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I disagree, look at TG USA/TG Australia etc. They don't work with different presenters. TG in its current format (since 2002) is Clarkson and Clarkson is TG. The only thing it shares with the previous incarnation is in name and title music. I don't see anyone else coming in who would make the show work and appeal to the 310million people who watch it...
Dave

1st Dec 11 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's only entertaining because of the presenters though and the way they work as a trio. Without them it would be as shit as Fifth Gear.

Some woman from a union has been on saying she is looking at taking legal action on the grounds of incitement. Do these people think before they open their mouths or are they so far detached from reality that they think this is a worthwhile cause to take up?
ed

1st Dec 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just heard some union fag on the news compare Clarkson to Gadafi, and they let people like her make decisions on whether to go on strike
Robbo

1st Dec 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he wont be sacked but if he were, that would be the end of Top Gear
Hammer

1st Dec 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I disagree, look at TG USA/TG Australia etc. They don't work with different presenters. TG in its current format (since 2002) is Clarkson and Clarkson is TG. The only thing it shares with the previous incarnation is in name and title music. I don't see anyone else coming in who would make the show work and appeal to the 310million people who watch it...

Based on what? What talent does he have that others don't possess? He isn't the most clued up on cars, he isn't a comedian and he isn't even the best presenter.

What he is, is a good actor. He plays a part as does Hammond and May.
Jamie Walby

1st Dec 11 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive read a lot about this today and have ultimately come up with this opinion on what he said....

.... I couldn't give any less of a fuck.
RichR
Premium Member

1st Dec 11 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with all of your points and he said himself (on Radio1 yesterday) that TG isn't about cars anymore but the brand is as synonomous to Clarkson as Clarkson is to the brand. Remove one and you don't have the other IMO.

I think Hammond or May could be replaced with relative ease and I think this is also the reason that you see these two on significantly more TV programmes outside of TG but the intrinsic success of the platform is based around Clarkson (IMO)
Eddx14xe

1st Dec 11 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going from what ive read in the 'strike' thread. He is only saying what people think, even if it is in an extreme way.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

1st Dec 11 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clarkson is good though, have you seen him on QI and have i got news for you?

Eck
Premium Member

1st Dec 11 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16

Unfortunately, if the public calls for it, the BBC will have no choice. Look at Sky Sports and Andy Gray. Not quite on the same level, but he was the big name in commentating. They called for his head and away he went!
Jambo

1st Dec 11 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top gear was shit before Clarkson and Andy whatshisname the producer re hashed it. So he has no talent now? Wtf?!
RichR
Premium Member

1st Dec 11 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

Unfortunately, if the public calls for it, the BBC will have no choice. Look at Sky Sports and Andy Gray. Not quite on the same level, but he was the big name in commentating. They called for his head and away he went!

He didn't bring money into Sky though - JC does bring a huge amount into the BBC
LeeM

1st Dec 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he hasnt said anything about public sector workers, his comments were about the strikes. i agree with him, maybe i wouldnt shoot someone but he didnt mean that that was a joke to add humour to his point.
LeeM

1st Dec 11 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

id love to see a vote. people on his side would outnumber complaints against him 10 to 1
Sunz

1st Dec 11 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
clarkson is good though, have you seen him on QI and have i got news for you?

Yes and his horrendous on both them shows, boring and not funny at all there.
Cavey

1st Dec 11 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5000 complaints about him already...that'll quickly escalate once people get home tonight and YouTube the clip then decide it was the most horrendous thing they'd ever heard and complain as well.

The general public is full of morons who will follow the trend and even fuller of idiots who'll complain about anything, especially if it takes down a celebrity.

Hope they do see sense and keep him on though.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

1st Dec 11 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does this mean people think he will actually execute them

0775kieran

1st Dec 11 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE

Based on what? What talent does he have that others don't possess? He isn't the most clued up on cars, he isn't a comedian and he isn't even the best presenter.

What he is, is a good actor. He plays a part as does Hammond and May.

And he is a tory brown nose.
chr15barn3s

1st Dec 11 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People cry about anything these days. Bunch of pussies.
Scotty_B

1st Dec 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chr15barn3s
People cry about anything these days. Bunch of pussies.

Agreed.
richc

1st Dec 11 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually laughed.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jeremy Clarkson Does It Again 23 database queries in 0.0165150 seconds