corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » question about your car hobby

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author question about your car hobby
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
4th Dec 11 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my parents hate the fact that i dont keep them after ive spent loads on them but my dad usually thinks they look mint and mam thinks i should leave them alone..

since ive got into classics my dad always asks how the imps coming and shows a real interest

my mam thinks im spoiling it

the gf hates the imp and hates me spending and money on cars that isnt for petrol. she doesnt understand why when i got my civic it had to be a type r or why the vec had to be a gsi...

currently saving for my ferrari via my share save and i dont think mam, dad or gf think im being serious..

just cleared £7k of debt i owed of stupid younger days, dad helped a bit and i now owe him £2.5k.. soon as i pay him back i will be able to spend money on the imp again.. he is fine aslong as i pay him first
pow
Premium Member

4th Dec 11 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mum and Dad get it as it's my hobbie, don't get involved and worry that I'm spending a little too much money on it (you've got a house depoist to save for). Dad put it foot down and told me I'm not allowed to sell the MX for a Z3 though - so I'll supercharge the MX instead! Mum won't drive the Mazda, will tolerate the Alfa, Dad won't drive either as they have a clutch and a gear stick.

Missus isn't bothered, in her words it's good I have a hobbie, her brother is well into cars (has a 3.0 Z4) so we get on very well. She won't touch one of mine (drive it i mean) but is quite happy to chuck me the keys to her fiesta!

[Edited on 04-12-2011 by pow]
Adam C
Premium Member

4th Dec 11 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mum doesn't mind at all as long as I don't leave car parts lying around the house, my old man is the reason I got into cars in the first place, he taught me loads about cars and still teaches me to this day.

He always questions when I modify though but it's usually because he doesn't understand them, like when I fitted the BBS's to the Astra he was completely lost as to how I fitted a wheel with a Vw stud pattern to my car, and when I was adjusting the coilovers, he was blown away that you could adjust suspension these days.

So he started off by teaching me and now I'm bringing him up to date with modern day modifications, he has also always been the type of guy who believes it has to have 6 or 8 cylinders to be fast, so when he first went out in my Corsa LET he had the surprise of his life

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
taylorboosh

4th Dec 11 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no replacement for displacement...

i quite fancy a passat w8 in the coming years as a run around... wonder how mam takes that
Graham88

4th Dec 11 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah my parents hate getting in my cars too, think they're too bumpy, and I have to drive like a saint!

To be honest because I make sure a car isn't skinting me I don't think they mind, if I was struggling to live or it was affecting me paying rent then maybe they'd step in, mum was into motorbikes when she was younger & my old man into cars so not much they can say tbh
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
People at work are just fucking weirdos tbh

I agree. The thing I find funny is they spend most of the time moaning about their lives/wives so I just laugh when they comment on how I live my life, fuck em.

[Edited on 04-12-2011 by Graham88]
Steve
Premium Member

4th Dec 11 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

None of them are actually happy. Keep bringing there kids into work to show off. They are quite happy to pisstake u, but then when you reminder them there lives are boring they don't like it
Graham88

4th Dec 11 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I swear we must work at the same place, they sound so alike

One guy used to moan I'd put up pointless pictures of car parts (in his eyes) so I deleted him from Facebook, then next time I saw him he was moaning I'd deleted him, can't bloody win
Steve
Premium Member

4th Dec 11 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People actually revolve there social lives around work too. I was in utter disbelief when a guy I work with uploaded his wedding pics to fb and there was the fucking lady off reception throwing confetti over them at the church gates
Colin

4th Dec 11 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My girlfriend says she'd fancy me all the same if I drove a micra, which is cool, at least theres no chance of this one running off with the family tyre fitter.
Scotty C

4th Dec 11 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mom can't u understand why I drive a modified B at 26 but at the same time she understands it's my only passion in life.
Colin

4th Dec 11 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must be because shes American....
big eck

4th Dec 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
My girlfriend says she'd fancy me all the same if I drove a micra, which is cool, at least theres no chance of this one running off with the family tyre fitter.

Lmfao, hats off to you for handling that like you did man.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Dec 11 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FUCKING hell where the Fuck is jade
taylorboosh

4th Dec 11 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you wanted you could u2u me gash pics of her to cheer you up mate
Jambo

4th Dec 11 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Mum likes cars. She doesn't understand as such but likes the fact I love them, always relays stories of people who find it barmy that I could tell people the entire car parks make and model when I was 2.

She also egged me on to race a Ferrari

Mark Jambo goes mental and cries when I go fast
SteveoBC
Premium Member

4th Dec 11 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whole reason im into cars is down to my dad, always gives me a hand if i ask

Mum always is supportive (even helped go get an engine once with one of her works vans) but does go apeshit if i spend a big lump in one go or i i spend too much over a period

My sister hates my car and says its pointless and i should save up for a deposit (kinda right in a way but it would take me years at the current financial climate) although she thinks its ok for her husband to spend a fuck load on fishing gear

only one or two of my close friends are into cars and rest take the mick if i mention anything to with cars

only one girl i know is interested in my car and is always asking when im putting a passenger seat as she wants to come along for a drive one day

but its my life, my money, my fun, anyone doesnt like it, they can suck my fat one
Eck
Premium Member

4th Dec 11 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The paw hates me having a quick car. Every time I leave my house I get a phonecall when I'm 3 miles down the road saying he can hear me boot it, and cut it the fuck out

Maw doesn't mind as she knows I love them
Jed D

4th Dec 11 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
The paw hates me having a quick car. Every time I leave my house I get a phonecall when I'm 3 miles down the road saying he can hear me boot it, and cut it the fuck out

paw and maw
JamesMc

4th Dec 11 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Is you car really as loud as people make it out to be?!

Vids?
R Lee

5th Dec 11 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Dad is the whole reason I got into cars. Kept buying magazines of exotica autos etc. He had a V8 beast of a Merc which got me hooked.
Nowadays, he encourages me to spend my money on better things in life, which I agree on.

My Mum hates it!

Rest of my brothers all drive decent machines.
Eck
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 01:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JamesMc
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Is you car really as loud as people make it out to be?!

Vids?

It's really reaaaaaaaally loud My mate was my taxi driver in it on Saturday and when she dropped me off she pinned it and I shat myself iPhone videos don't portay the noise so I'll get a decent camera and make a good video
Gareth F

6th Dec 11 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every one hates it but I now have a tdi and dislike my exhaust as its loud. Cant wait to put the standard back on

Think ive grown up
taylorboosh

6th Dec 11 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats because tdis sound shit
pow
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin

Brilliant!
richc

6th Dec 11 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I question it myself tbh. I tend to buy a car, spend £100's on it, if not £1000's on fixing it up so its perfect (mechanically), then sell it for less money a few months down the line :/

Mum thinks its stupid and thinks i just need a car to 'get from A to b'. Hate that fucking saying.

Dad doesnt say anything, about anything i do really. He hasnt got a clue either.

[Edited on 06-12-2011 by richc]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » question about your car hobby 23 database queries in 0.1200609 seconds