corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Like talking to a brick wall...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Like talking to a brick wall...
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
9th Dec 11 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bascially wouldn't get a everyday car that people don't really care about and just view as a car, thats when they are problems as people only maintain them when something breaks or interferes with their journey.

an ex fleet tdi will probably of been abused and driven everywhere, the owner would of known in 3yrs time it will be gone.

Bloke at work has a golf tdi with 90,000miles on and it needed loads of work with brakes, suspension/drivetrain.

Nath

9th Dec 11 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our fleet are serviced and maintained regardless of cost as downtime is lost income. I'd have one.
Gary
Premium Member

9th Dec 11 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i bascially wouldn't get a everyday car that people don't really care about and just view as a car, thats when they are problems as people only maintain them when something breaks or interferes with their journey.

an ex fleet tdi will probably of been abused and driven everywhere, the owner would of known in 3yrs time it will be gone.

Bloke at work has a golf tdi with 90,000miles on and it needed loads of work with brakes, suspension/drivetrain.

Just need to find one with full history etc.

Been speaking to her today, and i think the thing is, i dont worry about repairs etc., as i'll just do them myself. Shes more concerned with worry free motoring, whereas i'd be after a car that i enjoy no matter of its age etc.
LeeM

9th Dec 11 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:

Just need to find one with full history etc.

Been speaking to her today, and i think the thing is, i dont worry about repairs etc., as i'll just do them myself. Shes more concerned with worry free motoring, whereas i'd be after a car that i enjoy no matter of its age etc.

thats exactly it, acar for her is probably just transport. lowest mileage means less potential maintenance, thats a fact regardless of how many of us have got lucky and had no problems with high milers
3CorsaMeal

9th Dec 11 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The best way to choose a car is to buy all the Haynes manuals and pick cars that have the most 1 spanner difficulty ratings then go round the dealerships and get price lists for all the spare parts.
Dan
Premium Member

10th Dec 11 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Truck engines are slightly more heavy duty than car engines.

More heavy duty yes, but tolerances are Alot bigger and no where near as accurate as car engines.

I'm talking x reg vehicles, which are far less efficient and made to no where near as high standard as a 2005 on wards car.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Robin
Premium Member

10th Dec 11 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Our fleet are serviced and maintained regardless of cost as downtime is lost income. I'd have one.

Maintained, yes. Driven conservatively? No.
Nath

10th Dec 11 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You havent met our salesman.
kz

10th Dec 11 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Never had a car with less than 60k on personally! Mileage isn't an issue as long as service history backs up the mileage!

This, mileage doesn't make a difference to me as long as it's been cared for.

I went to look at a Focus ST170 with 64k miles but no service history. It was fucked!

In the end I bought a Clio 182 with 109k miles and full service, drives lovely.
Ben G

10th Dec 11 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

every low mileage second hand car ive bought has has problems.

corsa, headgasket went.
puma, gearbox shat itself.
kz

10th Dec 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it doesn't make sense when referring to worn out components... but other items, perhaps with lower miles things are due (clutch/belt/brakes etc.) whereas with higher miles most have already been changed over, it's hitting that peak in the middle that's needed!
kz

10th Dec 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it doesn't make sense when referring to worn out components... but other items, perhaps with lower miles things are due (clutch/belt/brakes etc.) whereas with higher miles most have already been changed over, it's hitting that peak in the middle that's needed!
Stuart H

10th Dec 11 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The best way to choose a car is to buy all the Haynes manuals and pick cars that have the most 1 spanner difficulty ratings then go round the dealerships and get price lists for all the spare parts.

LeeM

10th Dec 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa b on 27k went through sensors at a ridiculous rate then the engine blew up. my corsa c on 80k+ has been fine. my golf on 70k was a nightmare, electrics were faulty, alarm broke, electric windows broke, it burned oil and kept popping osr tyres

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Like talking to a brick wall... 23 database queries in 0.0117531 seconds