corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » London Tube Drivers

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author London Tube Drivers
Reedy

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 11 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

acutally i heard that the tube drivers can suffer with problems with their eyes as they are always going from darkness to light it some how messes with their eyes. Im not sure how true that is, but i have been told thats one of the reasons for higher pay. Also, if you have ever been at rush hour on a tube you will know you have to have patience with the doors.
Sunz

22nd Dec 11 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally think it would be an awful job, sitting in a cabin in the dark alone for 7 hours a day and responsible for all them passengers.
Not an ideal environment to work in I suspect.

44k for 35 hours a week, good luck to them.
Robbo

22nd Dec 11 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tube drivers are CUNTS of the highest order. stick em all on the tracks at Marble Arch and mow the cunts down with a Central Line train FFS

Members of unions can generally also do one, workshy cunts
Robbo

22nd Dec 11 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS I couldnt give a rats ass how much they get paid etc. (personally can understand why they get paid a fair whack - monotonous, responsibility, h&s concerns in tunnels/eyesight etc. -, holidays not so much), just how much they inconvenience people for the gobshite reasons as dom posted originally

especially over xmas such as boxing day this and last year when it paralyses the city and affects people seeing loved ones for xmas :/
Russ

22nd Dec 11 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Says a bloke who does maths for tax dodgers.
Sam
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sunz depends what line you've been rostered to work on, some lines are overground - haven't been on the tube in a while but Piccadily line springs to mind, at least part of it from Hounslow going into London.

I always had a secret desire to be a train driver, in particular a tube train driver. I just find tube trains so fascinating

Watching the movie "Creep" made me think twice about that though.
Robbo

22nd Dec 11 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Says a bloke who does maths for tax dodgers.
i dont do maths

and for the record...

Vodafone and tax

Over the last year, Vodafone has faced a number of allegations regarding a historical settlement with the UK tax authorities, Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC). The allegations are unjust, unwarranted and based on gross untruths.

Tax: the facts

•Vodafone has never received a tax bill for £8 billion or for the more commonly misquoted figure of £6 billion – a number HMRC themselves describe as an “urban myth”.
•Vodafone will never receive a £6 billion or £8 billion tax bill in connection with any of the historical events examined by the HMRC, nor have we ever been ‘let off’ any such amount.
•Vodafone pays tax in every country in which we operate. In the last financial year, we paid £2.6 billion in corporate taxes on our worldwide profits.
•For every £4 we make in profit, we pay £1 in corporate taxes around the world.
•The amount we paid into the public purse worldwide last year rises to £9 billion if you include payroll and sales taxes as well as fees for radio spectrum.
•Companies are taxed on their profits. 97% of Vodafone Group's operating profit comes from outside the UK. Although the UK only accounts for 3% of our global operating profit, last year we paid around £700 million to the UK Exchequer in corporate taxes, business rates, VAT, payroll taxes and fees for radio spectrum.
Rigorous process

The Vodafone/HMRC settlement was focused on some of the most complex tax legislation anywhere in the world. It involved nine years of legal argument through two independent UK tax authority appeals, three court cases (before the European Court of Justice, the UK High Court and Court of Appeal), followed by an application to the UK Supreme Court. This detailed examination of the points of law involved was then followed by a full and rigorous six month-long technical and legal review by HMRC of all of the relevant material.

The outcome was a full and final settlement with HMRC of £1.25 billion, reflecting all liabilities. To be clear: Vodafone has no unpaid tax bill in the UK, and those who claim otherwise do so without any foundation whatsoever.

Vodafone and the UK

We have made a huge contribution to the UK for more than 25 years, and we're committed to the highest standards of social responsibility and corporate governance.

We employ more than 9,000 people in the UK and provide indirect employment to tens of thousands more. Almost half of our investors are UK residents. We have more than 500,000 individual shareholders in the UK and Ireland, and virtually every major UK pension fund is a Vodafone shareholder.

This year, Vodafone will return £6.7 billion in cash to our shareholders. We're now the biggest dividend payer in the FTSE 100, responsible for £1 in every £8 of cash paid out to the investment funds relied upon by millions of UK pensioners and savers. Over the last four years, we've returned more than £26 billion to our shareholders.

Robbo

22nd Dec 11 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Sunz depends what line you've been rostered to work on, some lines are overground - haven't been on the tube in a while but Piccadily line springs to mind, at least part of it from Hounslow going into London.

I always had a secret desire to be a train driver, in particular a tube train driver. I just find tube trains so fascinating
i find the tube bizarrely fascinating too lol

also, the majority of the underground network (iirc 53%?) is actually overground
Russ

22nd Dec 11 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tax dodgers.
Sam
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder what the train drivers get paid on the Isle of Wight? Bet they probably wished they were on LU wages though!

(for anyone that doesn't know, they use old 1930s LU rolling stock on the Island Line)
Robbo

22nd Dec 11 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got any facts to back that claim up? thought not
Dom

22nd Dec 11 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're going to defend your tax dodging company, atleast post something written by yourself rather than CopyPasta'ing spiel from the tax dodging companies website

Back on topic....
Robbo

22nd Dec 11 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why write it myself when people significantly more involved can lay out the facts also i did, in the other thread.

anyway, apologies. back to slaughtering the greedy tube driving wankers
Paul_J

22nd Dec 11 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely some tax dodging going on in here
AlunJ

22nd Dec 11 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
I wonder what the train drivers get paid on the Isle of Wight? Bet they probably wished they were on LU wages though!

(for anyone that doesn't know, they use old 1930s LU rolling stock on the Island Line)

£34k for a 35 hour week! Pretty much never vacancies though.
Sam
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet no-one ever leaves if they worked the Island Line!
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Dec 11 at 00:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you don't like it. Fuck off. Good luck finding another job that pays that well with FUCK ALL QUALS!!

Wankers!!!
Graham88

23rd Dec 11 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Usual Billy Bob on the street will get 36 days including the standard 8 days bank holiday; why is a tube driver entitled to an extra 7 days?

And they're wanting triple pay and time in lieu for working a contracted day

I don't know, ask the Government? Perks of working for the London Underground are higher than normal, you will find that with any job on the Underground, that's just the way it is. Just because you've suddenly all found out about it then it's a problem? Also not sure if Train Drivers get more but I get 37, so 2 days more than a normal person, so I don't know if that's an error in printing or they do get more. Great pensions, always good job prospects, enjoyable job etc. Instead of people moaning about it I suggest they work for LUL tbh as I'm here for life.

[Edited on 23-12-2011 by Graham88]
Jambo

23rd Dec 11 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£44k wont go far in London.
Fro

23rd Dec 11 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Tube drivers are CUNTS of the highest order. stick em all on the tracks at Marble Arch and mow the cunts down with a Central Line train FFS

Get the odd couple that manage to brighten up your commute usually with sarcasm towards their employers
Jamie Walby

23rd Dec 11 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to know how much the blokes get paid that stand by the barriers and open it when my Oyster card doesn't work.
adiohead

23rd Dec 11 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know of a tube driver who spends most of his day snorting cocaine
Fro

23rd Dec 11 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead

What line so i can avoid it?
Jamie Walby

23rd Dec 11 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
quote:
Originally posted by adiohead

What line so i can avoid it?

adiohead

23rd Dec 11 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know but his first name is Gary, if that helps

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » London Tube Drivers 22 database queries in 0.0187991 seconds