corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » can anyone tell me anything about this corsa N196 LGP

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author can anyone tell me anything about this corsa N196 LGP
Fad

User status: Offline
24th Feb 12 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a shame I had all the progress photos and a progress thread on here years ago.
Corsa_Sport21

24th Feb 12 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IIRC, Weddy1988 off here, sold the Nova Gsi which he put the 2.1 into, but then the new owner removed it and it was being sold as a 2.0 XE. Not sure why the engine was removed though.
blainej1

24th Feb 12 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the price im not to fussed mot guy said it was fine other then little bits had next to no advisories but im going top get engine checked over head pressure tested etc then depending on results of that will depend on when the new lump comes going to have a new exhaust fabricated it for next week and all the bodykit is coming off and been put back on as it isnt lining up in places and pass door has dropped a little
N3CRO

24th Feb 12 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
i painted it audi misano red pearl
think when it was repainted it was done the same colour?

Yeah, I'm sure on Jay's for sale ad it said Audi red.
N3CRO

24th Feb 12 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayCarr
Front end looks awesome!

Looked better when you had it tbh.
blainej1

24th Feb 12 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it does look so nice in the flesh really nice car bodywork just needs realigning plan on doing it this weekend get that out the way with cureently trying to source another 8v engine thats been rebuilt does anyone know how much work would be involved in fitting the 16v engine? theres not a paintcode not sure how many times its been resprayed trying to find out tbh as i want the paintcode
Fad

24th Feb 12 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to Tom (Tomnova16) he painted it originally he would know the paint codes etc

Eck
Premium Member

24th Feb 12 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
IIRC, Weddy1988 off here, sold the Nova Gsi which he put the 2.1 into, but then the new owner removed it and it was being sold as a 2.0 XE. Not sure why the engine was removed though.

Probably because it was a pretty decent spec engine and it would have been shoved in something else! Made 163bhp at its last RR which is pretty fucking good for an XE without any major performance mods!

Here's a couple of pics from when Weddy had it, in one of its many guises in his ownership

rob_zetec

24th Feb 12 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old car.. Still miss it! That is me hanging out of the sun roof going into PVS after my mate ant bought it off me. I purchased it of Jay and I loved every minute of it and it never let me down. Got 15.1 down pod
blainej1

24th Feb 12 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone owned it with the 2.0 8v lump what was the engine it befor then really want to get this back to its former glory more and more after finding so much out about it
Fad

24th Feb 12 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant seem to find my original for sale thread which had all the specs. Maybe Jay Carr has them?
blainej1

24th Feb 12 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know if the kit is bonded on dont want to break it when i take it all off hopefully will be getting a xe lump and get it back up to a high standard
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

24th Feb 12 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to hear you are going to take care of it
Tomnova16
Premium Member

24th Feb 12 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i did it the arches and bumpers were bolted on and the skirts bonded on, obviously its had work since so couldnt garantee it

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
blainej1

24th Feb 12 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think im going to take rear arch trim and bumper off so it fits better and take front bumper off and put it back on would you be intrested in spraying it again at some point
Tomnova16
Premium Member

24th Feb 12 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed i would

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
blainej1

24th Feb 12 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a question this was origionally fitted with the xe lump now im stuck and im unsure how to work this out what are the chances of my 2.0 8v running on the xe loom or has it had a completey new loom and how hard would it be to put a xe lump back in just managed to free some cash up so work will be started on this as of tomorrow will be roadworthy next week then the engine plans begin
reecegsi

24th Feb 12 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C20xe bolts in same as 8v as there the same bottom end and no you cant use the 16v loom as its not a 16v fitted? Lol
blainej1

24th Feb 12 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just though loom might of been cut to accomadate the 16v lump well atm i have rougly 3 weeks to source a decent xe lump, next week will be spent getting it back on the road asap
reecegsi

24th Feb 12 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yh wires are same just disconnect 8v loom and then use same wires to connect 16v and as you already have a big block engine you dont need gearbox shafts or mounts but everything else lol but you could make the stuff you got fit
blainej1

24th Feb 12 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well xe lump will be in 2/3 weeks hopefully going to be taking skirts off and sending them off to be resprayed
SXI - Matt

24th Feb 12 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look's pretty smart TBF just some think about the wheel's I'm not 100% on but i do like them at the same time

How come your changing the engine?

[Edited on 24-02-2012 by SXI - Matt]
blainej1

24th Feb 12 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just fancy more power mate and try get it back to how it used to be i was thinking of cav fans but im not to sure
Cookieace

25th Feb 12 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice car, seems to have gone around a bit haha.
ed

25th Feb 12 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
when i did it the arches and bumpers were bolted on and the skirts bonded on, obviously its had work since so couldnt garantee it

Can still see the glue on the pics Eck posted because one of the skirts was a little bent

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » can anyone tell me anything about this corsa N196 LGP 23 database queries in 0.0136061 seconds