corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW E46 330ci

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW E46 330ci
AndyCorsaSport

User status: Offline
6th Apr 12 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame, bargain at that price with the spec, although black leather is nicer.
CORSA NUT

6th Apr 12 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ludacris Turbo
Missed out on this car! Someone rang up 15 mins before me to put a deposit down! Has got 11 BMW service stamps aswell!
clicky

[Edited on 06-04-2012 by Ludacris Turbo]

That looks well smart! Love the interior. Can't help but think about 330i....why bother when you could have an M3? Both wont be cheap to insure/run/fix so you may aswell have the kudos? How do they fair head to head?
SetH

6th Apr 12 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kennySRi

6th Apr 12 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH

Jambo

6th Apr 12 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
quote:
Originally posted by SetH

harrisp

6th Apr 12 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
quote:
Missed out on this car! Someone rang up 15 mins before me to put a deposit down! Has got 11 BMW service stamps aswell!
clicky

That looks well smart! Love the interior. Can't help but think about 330i....why bother when you could have an M3? Both wont be cheap to insure/run/fix so you may aswell have the kudos? How do they fair head to head?

There is a huge difference in running costs
Jambo

6th Apr 12 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That and it's a COMPLETELY different driving experience
CORSA NUT

6th Apr 12 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bunch of pricks you know what I mean

You've hit the nail on the head James! Why would you not just pay the bit extra for the COMPLETELY different driving experience? Hence why i don't see the point. And I can't see it costing masses more to run an M3 over a 330i
CORSA NUT

6th Apr 12 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:
quote:
clicky

Assuming you've owned both....obviously
Colin

6th Apr 12 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another 500 & get this - http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=51110

Cat C but meh....
Phil W

6th Apr 12 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love E46's

harrisp

7th Apr 12 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:
quote:
clicky

Assuming you've owned both....obviously

I haven't, done enough research to know how much they both cost to run though.
Tell me Im wrong?
CORSA NUT

7th Apr 12 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So that a no then? You haven't owned either but your willing to make a big statement and join the CS sheep troll bandwagon

I'm still standing by what I've said.
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Apr 12 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't have to have owned them both to add some things up.
kennySRi

7th Apr 12 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're also missing the point that the M3 is about twice as much to buy.
Nic Barnes

7th Apr 12 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
any reason why its better to choose auto over manual?

very good mate of mine works for bmw, when i told him that i was getting a 330d he said if it was an auto, never ever ring him again. expensive. id never really want an auto anyway.
CORSA NUT

7th Apr 12 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
You're also missing the point that the M3 is about twice as much to buy.

We're taking second hand here

The black one posted on the other page was 4K and you can get an M3 for what 5.5/6? If there both marginally (NOT hugely) the same to run then why not buy an M3 that's all I'm saying.

A HUGE difference would be a 318 compared to an M3, I can't see a 330 being much cheaper to run surely?
kennySRi

7th Apr 12 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know you're talking second hand. Without looking at current prices but the cheapest 330 was just below £3k and M3s were starting at £6.5k, pretty sure a low mileage example would be £5-6k for the 330 and over £10k for the M3.

There is also the fact that the 330 is (imo) a more classy looking car and isnt as raw looking so this is what the majotiry of people will want, i can only see the people into performance going for the M3. They're totally different cars, it really isnt as simple as saying why buy the 330 when the M3 is better.

Im not entirely sure how much it would be to maintain an M3 but a 330 is just the same as any other bmw which i usually find is cheap and second hand parts are quite pricey at times but no where near as bad as M3 parts.
harrisp

7th Apr 12 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So that a no then? You haven't owned either but your willing to make a big statement and join the CS sheep troll bandwagon

I'm still standing by what I've said.

Hardly sheep troll/ bandwagon
I have looked into buying an E46, 5.5/6 like you say will get you a rough as fuck one.

Two examples of cost differences:
Insurance for me on a 330 £900, an M3 over £2k.
Cheap front discs for a 330 about £50, an M3 about £300
Do I need to go on?

So not a big difference in running costs?
Have you owned both to compare and disagree with me?
fuck off and argue about something you aren't clueless about.

[Edited on 07-04-2012 by harrisp]
CORSA NUT

7th Apr 12 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who are you telling to fuck off you jumped up little cunt!? And I'm not arguing with anyone I merely asked a question and got the usual dickhead remarks instead of proper facts like what always happens on here.

Too many sheep on here now looking to make Internet mates instead of adults who actually know anything about cars. And I've just done a quote for both cars, 620 for the 330 and 880 for the M3 so hardly a massive jump for HUGE difference in driving experience.

And discs?? I've only ever had to change discs on one of the 25 odd cars I've owned. Running costs to me are petrol, insurance, tax and general servicing like oil changes. If there hugely different for both cars then there is a case for the 330, for me? No.
harrisp

7th Apr 12 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Who are you telling to fuck off you jumped up little cunt!? And I'm not arguing with anyone I merely asked a question and got the usual dickhead remarks instead of proper facts like what always happens on here.

Too many sheep on here now looking to make Internet mates instead of adults who actually know anything about cars. And I've just done a quote for both cars, 620 for the 330 and 880 for the M3 so hardly a massive jump for HUGE difference in driving experience.

And discs?? I've only ever had to change discs on one of the 25 odd cars I've owned. Running costs to me are petrol, insurance, tax and general servicing like oil changes. If there hugely different for both cars then there is a case for the 330, for me? No.

Jumped up little cunt weren't arguing but called me a sheep and a troll? Im not here to make "internet mates" or impress anyone.
So consumable items aren't classed as running costs? And discs were just an example and if you magically think they won't need replacing because you have never changed a set in all your cars then you are deluded

CORSA NUT

7th Apr 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I apoligise for the 'cunt' remark I just don't take kindly to being told to fuck off.

I don't think that discs won't need replacing of course but if there that much of an issue I'd make a note of there condition when buying the car. I and also most people tend not to own a car for more than 2 years nowadays so I doubt that would be an issue.

You can easily buy an M3 for 6k as I've just bought this months BMW magazine and it outlines what to look for. Just because its cheap doesn't make it a dog? All I'm saying is that with the mileage I do and the fact the insurance isn't that much more I'd be picking the M3 BUT if you plan on keeping it for a whole and do a fair mileage then I suppose you'd have to consider the 330 based on parts prices alone?

I've also heard many people say (on here also) that the difference in performance is hard to measure unless on the limit?
Nic Barnes

7th Apr 12 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus Christ corsa nut calm the fuck down pmsl
kennySRi

7th Apr 12 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I apoligise for the 'cunt' remark I just don't take kindly to being told to fuck off.

I don't think that discs won't need replacing of course but if there that much of an issue I'd make a note of there condition when buying the car. I and also most people tend not to own a car for more than 2 years nowadays so I doubt that would be an issue.

You can easily buy an M3 for 6k as I've just bought this months BMW magazine and it outlines what to look for. Just because its cheap doesn't make it a dog? All I'm saying is that with the mileage I do and the fact the insurance isn't that much more I'd be picking the M3 BUT if you plan on keeping it for a whole and do a fair mileage then I suppose you'd have to consider the 330 based on parts prices alone?

I've also heard many people say (on here also) that the difference in performance is hard to measure unless on the limit?

I was saying that the equivalent mileage/condition of the cars were about twice as much to buy, i know that you can buy them for £6k and also buy examples of 330s for £6k but that's hardly fair comparing them. If you didnt care about anything then i suppose yes, you will pick that £6k M3 over the £6k 330 However i paid £3k for my 330 last year and the reason i picked that over the M3 was because back then they were at least £4k more to buy...and the fact that if something went wrong with the car it would get expensive whereas to fix my 330 i suppose the worse it would be is £500 for an engine

[Edited on 07-04-2012 by kennySRi]
Buzz

7th Apr 12 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is mine as it is of last weekend.

just to lower it a bit and in my mind its finished.

it looks mint, has plenty of poke, full of toys, its comfy ...

what more could you want in a car

[Edited on 07-04-2012 by Buzz]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW E46 330ci 22 database queries in 0.0175080 seconds