corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » twats behind you trying to overtake when youre in a lowered car!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author twats behind you trying to overtake when youre in a lowered car!!
tom130691
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Mar 12 at 23:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
How about just man the fuck up and take speed humps at a normal speed. I have had cars with around 2" of ground clearance but never had people trying to overtake me.

mines not that low but i have coilies and fixed buckets and dont slow down excessively
Generation

6th Mar 12 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I try and pull Over soon as possible, as I can see why it's annoying. Really pisses me off, when on first bump they're having ago, having just appeared from nowhere, and giving me no chance to move out f their way
Matty SRi

6th Mar 12 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where i live now, is surrounded by speed bumps to get onto the main road.
Since ive had the golf, which is lowered, plenty of people have been behind me when going over speed bumps and come right up my arse because i have to slow right down and go in to the middle of the road due to single speed bumps being on each side of the road.
You can kind of see that they are pissed off because they have to slow right down aswell, but tough shit, if they dont like it, overtake it me.
0775kieran

6th Mar 12 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just go the long way round to avoid them.
Matty SRi

7th Mar 12 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 0775kieran
I just go the long way round to avoid them.

I would do that aswell, but there is 4 ways to 3 ways to come off the main road towards my house, and every 1 of them has speed bumps on
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Mar 12 at 00:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All you sensible people who have sensible cars

I have to slow down for humps that go right across the road if I'm towing and it does annoy people.

I work on the assumption that if they want to pass so much they should do so. So I wouldn't speed up between the bumps.

Likewise if I'm in the Disco and not even going to feel them I'll overtake if its safe to do so. If someone sped up again I would get pissed off with that.

I'd never sit behind someone getting angry unless there was no possible way I could get past or I thought they were deliberate being a dick. Most of the reason people get angry is because their car has no power and it wouldn't be safe to pop, that's not my problem.
antnee

7th Mar 12 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsajay88
quote:
How about just man the fuck up and take speed humps at a normal speed. I have had cars with around 2" of ground clearance but never had people trying to overtake me.

Obviously cars are not designed with going over speed bumps after being lowered in mind. Ive dinted my exhaust goimg over speed bumps. Its not a case of manning up as you say its a case of we dont want to fuck our cars.

If you want to do it, its none of my business. The back of my head is unaffected by people like you getting pissed off, flashing and making rude gestures

Where did I say I flash or make rude gestures?

The exhaust shouldn't be the lowest part of the car. As I said, I have had low cars, if anything they caught more when going over bumps slow when in carparks, normal road humps are fine.
N3CRO

7th Mar 12 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to get this all the time when I had my Corsa and it wasn't even that low so I could still go over speedhumps at about 10mph yet impatient twats would still speed up and overtake when I come to a hump.
3CorsaMeal

7th Mar 12 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just used to slow down in the corrado and go overly them slowly, sod anyone else, no one seemed to mind. They are probably enjoying seeing the car tbh
Pete_vxl

7th Mar 12 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread makes me feel old.
Jed D

7th Mar 12 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I have had cars with around 2" of ground clearance but never had people trying to overtake me.

my above pic is A LOT less than 1" clearance, more like 10mm ish depending on fuel, passengers and general weight

[Edited on 07-03-2012 by Jed D]
BarnshaW

7th Mar 12 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then your car is stupid and not suitable for UK roads, why is your manifold hanging like an inch off the floor and why should you cause a tailback because you got a crap maifold and a car on barried 120mm cut springs
Ben G

7th Mar 12 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10mm clearance? do you drive a formula 1 car on the road?
kyleclub11

7th Mar 12 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There wankers they do it all the time up my way aswell mate it's worst when you car is as slow as mine and they do it when your trying to pick speed up
Jed D

7th Mar 12 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
then your car is stupid and not suitable for UK roads, why is your manifold hanging like an inch off the floor and why should you cause a tailback because you got a crap maifold and a car on barried 120mm cut springs

go rage quit the internet again
BarnshaW

7th Mar 12 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rage quit? never left you moron.

people on here are making out they are hard done by? do you really think people want to sit behind some plank in a car doing crawling pace over every speed hump? of course they will overtake or want to overtake and rightly so.

just like if i was behind a milk man or the rubbish men, i wouldnt sit behind them you go past them? the minority are the people with stupidly low cars that cant even handle a speed bump, failing that change your route or sort your car out
Ben G

7th Mar 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jed sits behind buses when they are picking people up.

never would he attempt to overtake it.
smcGSI16V

7th Mar 12 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do realise people that the speed bumps are in theory working.

They are a traffic calming measure used to slow down cars in high risk pedestrian areas.

I drive slowly over them because I value my cars cars suspension.
Angry twats who get up my arse can stay there as far as I am concerned as I have every right to be on that same peice of road as them.
Jas

7th Mar 12 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
shitty designed stainless 4.1... must of been made by the idiot that makes scoobys

came up 30mm at the front since then^

Did you make it yourself,

I've bought many manifolds over the year, and not once have I had one that looks as poorly designed as that!
Jas

7th Mar 12 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
You do realise people that the speed bumps are in theory working.

They are a traffic calming measure used to slow down cars in high risk pedestrian areas.

I drive slowly over them because I value my cars cars suspension.
Angry twats who get up my arse can stay there as far as I am concerned as I have every right to be on that same peice of road as them.

surely there's a line between slowing down to protect your vehicle/suspension (common sense) and driving 2mph because your car has a ridiculous set up?! (No sense)
ArdenAndy

7th Mar 12 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is 3 routes to my home... one is full of those aweful square bumps that are huge!!! then the one i use all the time has those big sleeping policemen ones which go across both lanes which aint to bad tbh and the third route has no bumps at all but takes agers and gets my car covered in shit because its a country lane :L so i never bother with that way i just dont see why there needs to be so many bumps, its stupid!
stan_the_man

7th Mar 12 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard Civic VTi - As fast as possible over speedbumbs :-)

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » twats behind you trying to overtake when youre in a lowered car!! 22 database queries in 0.0147259 seconds