corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VTEC Kicked in YO.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VTEC Kicked in YO.
John

User status: Offline
28th Mar 12 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bike is allowed to travel down the middle of traffic the same as a car is, you'd probably block a car as well.
taylorboosh

28th Mar 12 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your being pedantic
Matt L

28th Mar 12 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at saying the biker deserved it.

its both their faults.

women shouldnt have tried to block/crush him in the first place, bikes are allowed to do it, annoys me/makes me jealous when they do but would never try and block one always give more room if stuck in traffic.

however biker did over react and there was no need to kick her car however.... there is no way in hell that kicking a car deserves said person to be almost run over TWICE.

end of the day both people over reacted just hers was more serious, however it was the women that started it all.
taylorboosh

28th Mar 12 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would do more than kick her car if she tried to crush me
Pucci1

28th Mar 12 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Originally posted by Pucci1
Bike aren't meant to wait in traffic

Yes they are, Thats how traffic works.

So your saying if you was on a motorbike to would wait in traffic were if save to do so you could overtake? :s
Seany

28th Mar 12 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is no law to my knowledge that says a bike can squeeze past stopped traffic, I'm probably wrong though.
It's dangerous and i hate when they do it, the always come too close to the car, and tbf he was way too close if he could kick it. Why should he be let passed just because he's on a bike?
Most seem to have the mentality that they think they can do what they want, when the law is the same for all of us.
taylorboosh

28th Mar 12 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was shown to do it on my cbt
RichR
Premium Member

28th Mar 12 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Seany
there is no law to my knowledge that says a bike can squeeze past stopped traffic, I'm probably wrong though.
It's dangerous and i hate when they do it, the always come too close to the car, and tbf he was way too close if he could kick it. Why should he be let passed just because he's on a bike?
Most seem to have the mentality that they think they can do what they want, when the law is the same for all of us.

its called filtering and its perfectly acceptable and legal
John

28th Mar 12 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's called overtaking.
John

28th Mar 12 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or undertaking, which isn't legal.
RichR
Premium Member

28th Mar 12 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when it traffic, its called filtering John; it could be viewed as either under or over taking depending on lane discipline and placement but ultimately, its 'filtering' when in traffic
John

28th Mar 12 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, it's over or undertaking.

Only time you filter anywhere is when you are in a filter lane.
taylorboosh

28th Mar 12 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your wrong imo john... its fucking legal
RichR
Premium Member

28th Mar 12 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wrong John, the Highway code even refers to it as "Filtering". Second time in two days you've been proven wrong with your knowledge of the RTA or Highway code
RichR
Premium Member

28th Mar 12 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

taken straight from the highway code

Once moving you should

•be aware of other road users, especially cycles and motorcycles who may be filtering through the traffic. These are more difficult to see than larger vehicles and their riders are particularly vulnerable. Give them plenty of room, especially if you are driving a long vehicle or towing a trailer

[Edited on 28-03-2012 by LiVe LeE]
RichR
Premium Member

28th Mar 12 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Filtering - How it differs from an 'Overtake'.

Contrary to the belief of some motorists, filtering is entirely legal in the UK, providing that it is done safely. Once traffic speeds are high enough to suggest that the traffic is no longer queuing, your manoeuvre may then be regarded as a dangerous overtake.

Where is it illegal to filter?

As with any manoeuvre, you must not cause danger or force other vehicles to alter course or speed. Typically it’s not a matter of where, but when. There are a few situations where it would be illegal to filter. Two that spring to mind is passing queuing traffic in a no overtaking zone (e.g. solid white lines or after a no overtaking sign) or on the approach to a crossing, with zigzags.

If the road you are on is split by a solid white line, it's still legal providing you follow the rules set out above and you DO NOT CROSS THE SOLID WHITE LINE! If you can safely pass (filter) on your side of the road, this is fine.

Accident Liability

One of the problems the filtering motorcyclist faces in the event of an accident is the prejudice legal precedents that were established during the 1960s, 70s and 80s. Unfortunately, when a judge appoints blame for a particular incident, it forms what is known as a legal precedent. Legal precedents are the foundation of both civil and criminal law and allow the law to evolve over time. Essentially, a legal precedent means a future judge is bound to find liability in the same way when presented with a similar case.

John

28th Mar 12 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's under or overtaking in law.

Since driving with no shoes on wasn't a law, filtering isn't either.

A bike has exactly the same rights as a car, I'm not wrong.
JaffaTB

28th Mar 12 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he was way too close because she turned her car into his path to stop him getting past you bell, he should have karate kicked her windscreen the silly tart
RichR
Premium Member

28th Mar 12 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Rules for Motorcyclists, section 88

Manoeuvring. You should be aware of what is behind and to the sides before manoeuvring. Look behind you; use mirrors if they are fitted. When in traffic queues look out for pedestrians crossing between vehicles and vehicles emerging from junctions or changing lanes. Position yourself so that drivers in front can see you in their mirrors. Additionally, when filtering in slow-moving traffic, take care and keep your speed low.

Bikes have several more rights than cars, how many times would you like me to prove you wrong today?

[Edited on 28-03-2012 by LiVe LeE]
John

28th Mar 12 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can assure you that 'filtering' is under or overtaking, I don't care how much you want to google it.

A car could 'filter' exactly the same as a bike as far as the law goes.
taylorboosh

lee im fucking loving this hahahahaha
John

I'm not sure what your loving or why Lee is quoting paragraphs with the word filtering in them.
taylorboosh

ok then john... a car could safely fit between rows of traffic in the uk?
John

28th Mar 12 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't say it could. the rules are the same though.
taylorboosh

28th Mar 12 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a car cannot safely do it so its not legal

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VTEC Kicked in YO. 22 database queries in 0.0169952 seconds