corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 'Full time mum' as a job title?!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 'Full time mum' as a job title?!
A2H GO

User status: Offline
21st Apr 12 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Full time mums are either people with lots of cash or no cash. People on average wages I the middle can't be full time mums, they have to be a full time mum plus a proper job.

Goes for anything this, I bet 50-70% of the UK workforce earn about £100 a month more by going to work full time than sitting at home and claiming benefits.
gazza808

21st Apr 12 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being a mum is not a job it's a privilege!
my parents both worked full time while me, my brother and sister were growing up, mum only had her minimum maternity leave as couldn't afford to take any more, but guess they are the old school generation not like today's lazy fuck wits.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
21st Apr 12 at 02:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its totally a job. In fact most actual jobs are easier.
Ben J

21st Apr 12 at 05:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
No name trainers

Who remembers Nicks trainers?
Ben J

21st Apr 12 at 05:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All those without kids. Look after some full time for a few weeks and then come back and say its not a job!
Dan
Premium Member

21st Apr 12 at 06:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd 100% want to do my full time job 80 hours a week for free over being a full time parent.

It's much harder and much more stressful.

Anyone who doesn't think it's a job needs to try it for a week. It's a walk in the park till they are crawling and walking, then it's a living nightmare.

However I wouldn't change it for the world. Nothing is more rewarding.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Ben J

21st Apr 12 at 06:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here. I did 6 months of being a stay a home Dad, and it was a killer! Was glad when I started my new job and could have a rest!

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Apr 12 at 06:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Lot of people on here obviously not got kids eh?

Or have got "mummy issues"

i like you.
Ben G

21st Apr 12 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The issue here is you get a job to earn money to live. Theres no choice (other than being on the dole), whereas having kids is a choice.
Rickavo

21st Apr 12 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
I'd 100% want to do my full time job 80 hours a week for free over being a full time parent.

It's much harder and much more stressful.

Anyone who doesn't think it's a job needs to try it for a week. It's a walk in the park till they are crawling and walking, then it's a living nightmare.

However I wouldn't change it for the world. Nothing is more rewarding[\b]

Exactly our point really... It's not a job it's a privilege.
Dan
Premium Member

21st Apr 12 at 07:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's still a job.

I go to work to earn money. My choice. I could be a bum

Full time mums Do their job and and earn the reward of their child(ren).

I can understand why some mums do not work, if the man is warning plenty, or they have nobody to babysit whilst they work. As child care costs outweigh most incomes for a mum.

Rickavo

21st Apr 12 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's like volunteering at a charity event i suppose
sc0ott

21st Apr 12 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it listed on insurance databases?
Ben J

21st Apr 12 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Housewife is.
evilrob
Premium Member

21st Apr 12 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
That's great until they get to school and get bullied because of their no name trainers.

"No name trainers" - - both my parents worked full time when I was a lad and I still only had generic black plimsolls (not even Dunlop ones!)

My gran pretty much brought me up. Tbh, she probably did a better job than they would have done - having already brought up three of her own kids - and being a bit 'old school' where it was still OK to clobber you when you were being a little shit.
spencer88

21st Apr 12 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
try looking after 3 under 3's then tell me being a mum isnt a full time job

Haha. My mum had three under threes when I was little and worked full time in hard work. Second time she had two under threes and started work as a childminder. Now she looks after upto 9 children under 7.

3 kids is a fucking diddle without working
Jay

21st Apr 12 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
try looking after 3 under 3's then tell me being a mum isnt a full time job

My mum had 3 kids and ran her own business, guess she had two jobs then?

To add to that though, itd be more expensive to send my little girl to nursery (when shes old enough) missus worked in a Nursery herself and her wage would be less than the fees, shes gonna get an evening job once shes finished her maternity leave, I dont class Full Time Mum as a job though...

[Edited on 21-04-2012 by Jay]
Gary
Premium Member

21st Apr 12 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a job.

definition of Job

Not paid, so not a job.

[/thread]
Dan
Premium Member

21st Apr 12 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yea I bet it's a right easy job!

You got kids by any chance?

One is a serious handful, finding time to do thing around the house while they are at the walking stage but not understand what not to do etc is near impossible.

I moan at my missus all week that she doesnt do enough some days. But come sat when it's my day to look after him on my own, I soon realise how hard she has it.

I'd kinda agree it's not a job in one sense, but it is hard work, and anything that's work is a job in its own right.

stan_the_man

21st Apr 12 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
Being a mum is not a job it's a privilege!

This.

Not everyone can have children.

ANYONE can get a job.

These people who can't have children and spend there whole life trying
and wishing they could have children have to put up with ungrateful
arseholes who class it as a 'job'.

Need a slap IMO.
Ben J

21st Apr 12 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
quote:

Yea I bet it's a right easy job!

You got kids by any chance?

One is a serious handful, finding time to do thing around the house while they are at the walking stage but not understand what not to do etc is near impossible.

I moan at my missus all week that she doesnt do enough some days. But come sat when it's my day to look after him on my own, I soon realise how hard she has it.

I'd kinda agree it's not a job in one sense, but it is hard work, and anything that's work is a job in its own right.

Two is bloody carnage. And our youngest can't move on her own yet. When she can, the fun begins!
Dan
Premium Member

21st Apr 12 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can imagine. We have a 3 week old and a 4 year old in the family, when were all together, its absolute carnage. Cant take your eyes off any of them for more than a second.

Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

21st Apr 12 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I just point out that those who are talking about their mums bringing up kids whilst having a full time job, your mums needed outside help to be able to do that, they didn't do the whole mothering role and then do a full time job on top, they did the mothering bar the hours where they were out making a living, people seem to forget that. I'm not trying to talk down about your mums I'm saying whether they are a full time mum or have a job, they all put in as many of the 24 hours each day as is required so either way, it's hard work and if they want to call themselves a full time mum then they're entitled to it.
Shelly
Premium Member

21st Apr 12 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a bit like when people have kids because they don't want to work, then get carers allowance for a child thats not disciplined/brought up properly.

Surely thats called being a mum?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
21st Apr 12 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

During my entire working career, I've never worked as hard or paid as much attention to what is going on as I have done when I'm with kids, and they're not even my kids.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 'Full time mum' as a job title?! 23 database queries in 0.0164671 seconds