corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E36 BMW 323 Coupe - Sat on 9j's all round - Plough-mobile

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author E36 BMW 323 Coupe - Sat on 9j's all round - Plough-mobile
j10E W

User status: Offline
28th Aug 12 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great on those wheels
Fucking sick Infact
Christopher

28th Aug 12 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very
Gareth T

28th Aug 12 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice
jimmy 2.1

31st Aug 12 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So my list of things to do never got done due to other commitments so the car is as it was for the moment. Had enough time to get it cleaned. Also enough time for pics as there isn't really any good ones.

Had to go back to the original rear lights for the time being due to a fault with the M3 lights/wiring loom

Not going to be able to make it to edition 38 Show and Shine either. Need to get some o/t in at work!
jimmy 2.1

6th Sep 12 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A quick pic of it lurking...

Ben G

6th Sep 12 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how comes the bumpers wonky?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

6th Sep 12 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks ace, love the wheels! What colour you doing the centres?!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
SteveoBC
Premium Member

6th Sep 12 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv just realised i saw you the other day on the A34 heading north, you had a black decked punto following you it was this time last week near enough, thought your car looked familiar at the time lol was sat next to you in my company car lol

[Edited on 06-09-2012 by SteveoBC]
jimmy 2.1

6th Sep 12 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty sure you didn't Steve! Must have been someone else masquerading as me!

Cheers Dan. Just going to do them either a nice bright silver or Arctic silver that the body colour is.

Ben, its just so that it matches the wonky exhaust.... It is a little low on the drivers side cos its not on the crash bar for whatever reason. But when the top pics were taken the drivers side coilover was set a tad lower than the passenger side all adding up to look like I have a warped bumper
SteveoBC
Premium Member

6th Sep 12 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well jim you have an imposter going around oxford with near enough the same looking car even the wheels
JamesMc

6th Sep 12 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is very easily the best BMW on here with Graham88's, them wheels look fantastic with that drop.
jimmy 2.1

6th Sep 12 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve, there is a silver e36 M3 on a staggered set of these Z3M wheels, but mine are the rear wheels front and rear.

Thanks for the nice comment James, but Graham's is a far better car than mine.
jimmy 2.1

21st Sep 12 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much change but decided to go for amber's all round after failing to get the M3 rear lights to work (rear wiring loom is different for whatever reason on mine). Also bought a US number plate blank. Cleans up the front no end, but it remains to be seen how long before i'm pulled for plate not being on the front!

Haven't painted the centres of the wheels as all its done is piss it down when i've had the time!

Jon_C
Premium Member

21st Sep 12 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want want want
Jambo

21st Sep 12 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Works better with the Amber's mine didn't however
jimmy 2.1

23rd Sep 12 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silver/grey cars pull off ambers better than darker colours. I swapped em from a 318 cab Ive got which I'll post up pics of later.

Gareth T

23rd Sep 12 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this looks great.
Jambo

23rd Sep 12 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post pics up Jimmy deffo
Butler

23rd Sep 12 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think I want clears on mine, I quite like ambers but as said, not so much on dark cars and mines Black.
jimmy 2.1

23rd Sep 12 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So i've recently been having water temp issues. Rush hour traffic and steam pissing out everywhere. Great! Diagnosed it as thermostat stuck closed, so changed it which was a twat to do with the the viscous fan being there. BUT, the plastic thermostat housing had a couple of cracks in where its previously been over tightened, so i blathered a load of Loctite sealant on it which solved that problem, but the housing itself didn't seal so today i took it off again.

The offending housing

Took it off and cleaned up the mounting faces and re-assmbled

Re-filled the system by filling up through the top hose. This pushes water round the system and back in to the expansion tank on the rad. Helps reduce air locking as they're a git to bleed.

Action shot! everyone loves em!

So once that was sorted i set about washing the '99 E36 318 cab i bought at the same time i bought the 323. I was gonna use the Cab but i prefer the 6 pot engine so the Cab kind of got forgotten about. Bought some coilies for it, fixed the window motor (what a c**t to do!) and got it MOT'd. Its for sale so hit me with your offers around £1600!

A few pics of it and with mine

pow
Premium Member

24th Sep 12 at 08:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Urgh bleeding the E36 is a royal pain, got the nose up in the air on my mates 328i which seemed to do the trick
jimmy 2.1

19th Oct 12 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much has happened! Two weeks ago i crashed my bike at Mallory Park on a trackday, broke my collar bone, broke my shoulder blade, bruised ribs lung and liver and heavily bruised top of my leg/hip. So been out of action of any form! But i was bored of watching daytime tv, and feeling a little better managed to get out and give the car a winter clean. Washed, clay barred and polished all with 1 arm!

Got round to removing the '323i' badge. Still need to get exhaust sorted and new number plates though! :unsure:

Jambo

19th Oct 12 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you do need to sort that exhaust

Looks good, i liek the grey centres on the wheels
jimmy 2.1

19th Oct 12 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're just primered I need to get them painted, but thinking of getting them chrome powder coated. BUT they may also be for sale soon. Another set i want have cropped up!
Jambo

19th Oct 12 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, just think they look great

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E36 BMW 323 Coupe - Sat on 9j's all round - Plough-mobile 24 database queries in 0.0233622 seconds