corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Evoque v Q3

Poll: Evoque v Q3
Range Rover Evoque SD4 Tech 44 (91.67%)
Audi Q3 TDI SE 4 (8.33%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Evoque v Q3
Nick-S

User status: Offline
13th Sep 12 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
The Evoque and Q3 are actually very economical. I chose your Megane as an example of a hatchback car, nothing else. My jag gets between 45-50mpg for the driving I do; the Evoque we borrowed got 45-50mpg for the same drive. It was more practical than the Jag as the seats folded down and I could get my snowboard inside which I can't with my Jag. Therefore, just as economical but more practical for me.

The 2.0TDI Q3 is returning 52mpg; 2.2 SD4 Evoque is returning 49mpg. They're not bad figures for the size of car.
But i bet you could get your snowboards inside an x type estate with ease, (im only gessing you have an x type?) and i if you comapre a the MPG and performance figures for the Q3 and a A3 2.0tdi i bet the A3 would be better.
antnee

13th Sep 12 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The A3 and Q3 are completely different sizes, As the Tiguan is miles bigger than a Golf
RichR
Premium Member

13th Sep 12 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The point I was making was that you said saloon or estate and the reality is, every car has both pros and cons. I prefer higher driving positions after having the Disco, you see more and have a better perspective of the road etc. I also liek stepping into a vehicle rather than sitting into it but that's me and each to their own. I'm pretty certain that an Evoque will be my next car once the residuals start to fall on them; If I don't have one, the missus most certainly will.
BYRON

13th Sep 12 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I'm pretty certain that an Evoque will be my next car once the residuals start to fall on them; If I don't have one, the missus most certainly will.

Thats atleast 3 years+ before any decent spec one starts to look like good value imo.
RichR
Premium Member

13th Sep 12 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's about my schedule

[Edited on 13-09-2012 by LiVe LeE]
LeeM

13th Sep 12 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nick-S
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Nick-S
Why would you buy a 4x4 if you wernt going off road?

They do nothing more than a saloon or estate other than have worse MPG and performance. IMO

Sit a bit higher, it might snow, Fiat 500 might be a bit too cheap.

I do feel like I'm sitting on the floor not able to see anything when I'm back in my Astra, you must feel similar going from a truck to a car? Do you not miss the visibility?
I do miss the visability but that the only good thing about sitting high. I find it easyer to park my 30ft truck than park my car

All im saying is for example i dont see why you would have a X5 over a 5 series estate. There no more practical (except 1 week of snow a year) and have worse MPG and performance.

the same could be said about your megane though really, could have got a 1.6
Nick-S

13th Sep 12 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the opposite of what I'm saying though?

I though the Tiguan was Q5 sized?
antnee

13th Sep 12 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, According to Wiki its Q3.

Just looked on parkers 1mm difference in wheel base between the Q3 and Tiguan. The Q5 is 200mm longer

[Edited on 13-09-2012 by antnee]
Marc

21st Sep 12 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He has ordered the Evoque.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

21st Sep 12 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phew

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Evoque v Q3 25 database queries in 0.0106518 seconds