corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Religion / Christening day!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Religion / Christening day!
Ben G

User status: Offline
24th Oct 12 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was christened and i personally think it's all a load of bollocks to impress your family.

i see no point in it whatsoever, and my parents made me wear some shitty outfit, whilst getting touched on the head by a paedophile.

if you are so strongly against it, then i would stand my ground and not give in.
BeetleGav

24th Oct 12 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what if her parents are religious. It's your child not there's. christening is a load of shite. Why would you cleanse a child? What harm could it possibly have don't that requires a clean slate defined by a religion.

Welcome party is the way forward. Dig your heals in for sure
Andrew

24th Oct 12 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Closest thing she's ever got to communion is probably getting fingered behind the church the night before it!

smcGSI16V

24th Oct 12 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
I find christenings hypocritical of people who never step foot in church!

Exactly. Same as getting married in a church for the same reasons.
Ben G

24th Oct 12 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can some bible basher here please.explain how throwing some water over a persons head ''cleanses'' them against evil/gays/gary glitter?
BeetleGav

24th Oct 12 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
can some bible basher here please.explain how throwing some water over a persons head ''cleanses'' them against evil/gays/gary glitter/ priests?

Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I dont believe in god etc so wouldnt have my child christened, simple.

At the expense of upsetting family? Is it really worth it?

If you're angry enough to kick up a fuss for the sake of standing in a church for 40 minutes, rather than just let people do what makes them happy - you're less rational than the mongs that actually believe in these religious fairytales!

How much does a Christening cost? If I was hard up for cash, perhaps I would put my foot down a bit - but if it's a reasonably cheap do, it's a good excuse for a party and it's making somebody in the family happy... easy.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
jimmy 2.1

24th Oct 12 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had our son christened. Not because we're bible bashers, but because the better schools round here are Catholic. Selfish/hypocritical? Yes probably, but we only want the best future for the little lunatic! Its up to him when he's old enough to understand whether he chooses to follow a religion or not. Religion in schools can be a good form of discipline at a young age. The good thing about western religions is you're free to decide whether to follow one or not without being hacked to death! I'm not a believer, but I'm not bothered whether someone is or not and don't need to ram home that point like many non believers do...

[Edited on 24-10-2012 by jimmy 2.1]
Ben G

24th Oct 12 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

catholic schools round here are known to be very strict and chuck loads of religious garbage down the kids throats.
John

24th Oct 12 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Catholic schools here are better, so you can at least get enough of an education to decide you don't believe in god.
Russ

24th Oct 12 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

families
Gary
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Catholic schools here are better, so you can at least get enough of an education to decide you don't believe in god.

And don't like to be fiddled with by an old man
John

24th Oct 12 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fiddled with for a better education is worth it in my book.
Gary
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fiddled with john?
Jambo

24th Oct 12 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have principles and would not bend them to appease my mother in law.
Hammer

24th Oct 12 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as with everything in a relationship you are going to have to come and go a bit.

Standing up 'for your principles' will see your relationship last 5 minutes and you seeing your son or daughter for 1 day every 2nd weekend.

Don't just say no because you think priests touch kids like an ignorant cunt, discuss it and come to a compromise.

#adultresponse
ljames555

24th Oct 12 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a slight similar issue with grandparents sticking there noses in.

It was quickly understood that my kids wouldn't be christened . They however are free to be when they are old enough and believe in stories.

Something that annoys me is the piss up culture surrounding these events.
Hammer

24th Oct 12 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That annoys you? Maybe these shoe bomber religious types have stronger family bonds and ethics....

Just a thought.
Ben G

25th Oct 12 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul has definitely been on some form of sensibility drug.
neil h

25th Oct 12 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Same as with everything in a relationship you are going to have to come and go a bit.

Standing up 'for your principles' will see your relationship last 5 minutes and you seeing your son or daughter for 1 day every 2nd weekend.

Don't just say no because you think priests touch kids like an ignorant cunt, discuss it and come to a compromise.

#adultresponse

This tbh. Compromise is a necessary part of any relationship.

It doesn't sound like anyones saying you have to read the bible to the little 'en or take them to church every Sunday.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

25th Oct 12 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

#adultresponse

this.

As much as I'm all for standing up for what you believe in, she'll hate you for it.
3CorsaMeal

25th Oct 12 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you do get it done, keep an eye on the blokes hand doing it, quite common for them to masterbate the baby on the sly
Kerry

25th Oct 12 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can soon go off someone for not standing up for what they believe in too. Works both ways
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

25th Oct 12 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
If you do get it done, keep an eye on the blokes hand doing it, quite common for them to masterbate the baby on the sly

AndyKent

25th Oct 12 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
You can soon go off someone for not standing up for what they believe in too. Works both ways

Just to clarify, you're saying if I stand up for what I believe in I'm not listening to your views, but bow to your view and I'm weak willed.

Ok

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Religion / Christening day! 23 database queries in 0.0142589 seconds