corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa C SRi Z22se supercharger. now with youtube video

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa C SRi Z22se supercharger. now with youtube video
davegreen
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Mar 13 at 07:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks, more to come yet!
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris1.8SRi
Bet that goes like stink :yummy:

Your joking right?

Its only 145bhp hardly going to go like stink.

davegreen
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it 170bhp with low ratio box so its not exactly slow. not as fast as a tuned z20let corsa but still ok for what it is.
Jed D

4th Mar 13 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any further plans with the engine mate?
davegreen
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new exhaust manifold, cams, raise comp ratio, balancer shafts removed, and either new inlet manifold and throttle or a set of throttle bodies. not chasing big bhp just around 200bhp. did look at a turbo conversion but its not what this cars is about. maybe next time.

[Edited on 04-03-2013 by davegreen]
Jed D

4th Mar 13 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one i like it
davegreen
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers jed. you coming down for the fast show? im taking this and the x20xev B up, on the stand organised through here.
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
it 170bhp with low ratio box so its not exactly slow. not as fast as a tuned z20let corsa but still ok for what it is.

Cant see that mate,

Mine with a ported & polished throttle body, ported head, 4-1 stainless manifold, 2.5" exhaust, cams, mapping, 2.4" inlet manifold only made 164bhp. I guess your using the 4.17 final drive from that zaffy? (Nm i see its from the veccy)

I think whoever sold you the engine was pulling your leg, or whoever mapped the engine was being generous with the figures.

[Edited on 04-03-2013 by chris_uk]
davegreen
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shrick cams and springs, ported head, full exhaust system head back, air filter, light wieght flywheel, helix clutch, courteney remap. it made 172.6bhp on there rollers when mapped 40k miles ago and last may it made 170bhp at marlin motors in mk. all cars dyno'd at courteney and then marlin loose 3/5 bhp.
maybe your bottom ends letting you down abit? rebuilt mine when i had it in the vectra. i have seen 180bhp with the same mods and as low as 165bhp. even oil type can loose a few bhp.
got the dyno plot to prove its power. ive owned the engine for close to 12years now as it was in the vectra before. its using the vectras f23 box which is the same ratio as the zafira's.

chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im supprised it got that much.. Id keep them cams in tho.
davegreen
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
just for those who doubt the figures of this car. sorry its not a very good pic but i dont hav a scaner.
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant really see alot, i wonder why they didnt up the rev limit. Where is the torque?
davegreen
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thier only 256 degree cams so one step up from standard. will be going to a 268degree cam when i re do the engine. courteney recon its about average for the current mods. realy needs a remap now to get the best out of it now its got a freer flowing filter and exhaust system in the corsa. what cams you using? who mapped yours?
no point in upping rev limiter as max power is at 6350rpm doesnt make any power after that.

chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im using blower cams from compcams atm but mine is now bored to 2.3l and an m62 on it with 300+bhp.

When you take it back to get mapped ask them to raise the rev limit to about 200 - 400rpm above your peak power, mine is currently at 7600rpm if memory serves correctly.

Also if you do get some different cams make sure you get the piston tdc setup propperly with the cams.

Edit: have you got the courtenay print out to hand? I hate it when they put the torque in NM and not ftlbs.

[Edited on 04-03-2013 by chris_uk]
davegreen
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no point in rasing rev limiter unless the engine is still producing good power. these engines dont like to rev very high due to the long stroke. also would need better rods and bolts. i know people still use standard parts but i wouldn't take the risk. i have looked into huge power forced induction for this car but due to the amount of body reworking involved its just not right for this project. as i said to jed maybe next time!
i dont have the courteney print out anymore. that was about 6 years ago and i stoped working on the vectra to build the x20xev corsa b.
and yes i will be setting the cams up using the max lift at tdc method. will also do a dry run with blutak just to be sure.

chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The internals are fine for 7200rev limit and a bhp of 260.

One of the lads threw a rod at 272bhp but loads run about 250-260 all day every day in the vx and have done for years with no problems.

davegreen
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also depends on the age of the engine, the early z22se's have differant rods to the newer ones. older ones are no quiet as good and no longer avalible from vauxhall as with many parts on the early engines theyve been replaced with better ones. if the new cams require a rev limit over 7k i'll be fitting steel rods. they will be lighter anyway and better balanced.
better to spend £400-600 on a set of rods than to buy a new engine!
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was an early 2001 engine, i still have ny rods and pistons if you want them? I know they will be fine as i ran 250bhp for ages with them.

Have you got double valve springs then aswell? As if you do raise te limit you will need them.

I have 0.5 oversized gm racing valves in mine, double valve springs aswell. Which i can reccomend, expensive tho.. Lol

Deffinatly take the balance shafts out tho, as that makes a hell of a difference.

Why dont you just bang a supercharger on it? £600 for the manifold and charger then about £500 for the other bits and pieces. Straight away you will be looking at 250bhp.

Im in the process of replacing the m62 charger with a harrop and ill jump from 300 to 360 bhp but thats all over the rev range not just peak power.
davegreen
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

already 0.5mm over bored due to slight ovality of no 4 at 110k. just within spec but with new top end it needed to be done to ensure it was good for future tunning. full shrick cams with twin springs and ported cost me £1200 so i didnt think it was to bad.
i dont have the room to fit a supercharger without doing major body work and i want the car to look as standard as possible from the outside.
maybe next time i'll go forced induction but it will be a turbo not a supercharger. bigger gains to be had for the same money and i'll start with a turbo'd engine from this family of engines. show the z20let boys what a realy 4lunger turbo can do!!
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will easy fit an m62 in there.. You should see how tight my bay is.

davegreen
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have much more room up front of the engine than i do! my bonnet wouldnt shut! already done the messurements. i just love the sound of throttle bodies and with forward facing inlet it makes more sense.
this ar is more about comfort than speed. ive got a high ratio deisel f23 box to go in so she'll crusie nice with low rpm. got to save up for a quaiffe atb diff first.
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to niel (vocky) on z22se.co.uk, hes setup webcon itb's on his so he will be able to offer advice.

I thought i had little space! Man it must be cramped in your engine bay! Lol
davegreen
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

already speaking with him and another engine builder (race engines as well as road cars) webcon are good but theres better bodies out there for the same money.
its is rather tight in there! but still looks like it could have been factory fitted as no cutting of body work or home made mounts used. all off the vauxhall shelf with vibratechnics rubbers.
Jed D

4th Mar 13 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
cheers jed. you coming down for the fast show? im taking this and the x20xev B up, on the stand organised through here.

should be mate, just been out and bought ratchet straps, reg plate and all that shite for the trailer, going to do a bit work on the trailer tonight so all being well... car doesnt need much to be ready. more than likley see you there
davegreen
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
quote:

should be mate, just been out and bought ratchet straps, reg plate and all that shite for the trailer, going to do a bit work on the trailer tonight so all being well... car doesnt need much to be ready. more than likley see you there

cool see you there then. put a face to the name an all!

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa C SRi Z22se supercharger. now with youtube video 23 database queries in 0.0159922 seconds